Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    National Organization For Women Unavailable to Comment on Sexist Obamacare Ads

Katie Pavlich | Nov 13, 2013

In case you missed it yesterday, ProgressNow Colorado produced a series of heinously sexist and degrading advertisements to promote Obamacare.

One ad with a woman holding a package of birth control pills and standing next to a man reads, "Let's get physical. OMG, he's hot! Let's hope he's as easy to get as this birth control. My health insurance covers the pill, which means all I have to worry about is getting him between the covers."

Another of a young woman standing next to a male cutout says, "Hey girl. You're excited about easy access to birth control and I'm excited about getting to know you."

After the ads were published on doyougotinsurance.com, women from all over the country expressed outrage. ProgressNow Colorado Political Director Alan Franklin, the man behind the ads, isn't apologizing.

Alan Franklin @alanfranklin Follow

The #gotinsurance ads are a collaboration between ProgressNow Colorado and Colorado Consumer Health Initiative. We're very proud of them.

10:17 AM - 13 Nov 2013

I contacted the National Organization for Women through their public relations firm Scott Circle, specifically emailing Vice President Sarah Coppersmith since she regularly sends out NOW press releases, asking for a comment about the advertisements considering the misogynistic content. Coppersmith didn't respond, but a woman named Megan Vibert from the same firm, did.
    "Apologies for the delay in getting back but NOW was unavailable for comment yesterday on the ads," Vibert said.

I responded by asking, "Are they available to comment today?" I haven't received a response.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepa...campaign=nl_pm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    ObamaCare Ad: “My Health Insurance Covers the Pill, Which Means all I Have to Worry About is Getting Him Between the Covers”

By James Daniels on November 13, 2013 Subscribe to James Daniels's Feed

ObamaCare has become comedic fodder to an extent last witnessed during the Clinton-Lewinsky scandal. Even the President’s worst enemies couldn’t have run its rollout into the ground worse than he has. Yet, both him and others involved appear determined to dig the hole even deeper, and they sure are doing a good job of that!
    On October 23, Downtrend covered the case of two organizations that felt it was appropriate to create an ad featuring two drunks holding their friend’s feet while he does a keg stand to celebrate their new “Brosurance.” Now, the same groups, Colorado Consumer Health Initiative and ProgressNow Colorado Education, have managed to create an even more offensive ad.
    In the ad, “Susie” appears to be wildly attracted to “Nate.” After the usual “Got insurance?” mumbo jumbo, it says “Let’s Get Physical.” Unfortunately, it gets even more brainless.
    Susie’s commentary may be quite offensive to any woman with an iota of dignity. She states, “OMG, he’s hot! Let’s hope he’s as easy to get as this birth control. My health insurance covers the pill, which means all I have to worry about is getting him between the covers. I got insurance. Now you can too. Thanks ObamaCare!”

And there you have it. Any woman who swallows this garbage will think it’s alright to be promiscuous courtesy of taxpayer subsidies.
    But wait, there is a responsible message included. The ad, in gray print at the very bottom, explains that the pill doesn’t protect you from STDs and suggests common sense and condoms do that. Whew! And here we thought they were promoting irresponsible behavior.
    Sadly, given the moral decay in the United States coupled with the shameless lies and promotions involving ObamaCare, this ad comes as no surprise. Perhaps it’s also realistic, given anyone who still supports this President’s agenda probably doesn’t think much anyway.
    The ad can be found here…maybe. Last time I tried, the ad page was down. Maybe the Internet has become self-aware and is trying to rid the world of ObamaCare.

http://downtrend.com/james/obamacare...en-the-covers/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12