Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

az, my grandkids will be fine and even at their young age, my son and his wife spend time on Thanksgiving day manning stations for a couple hours at their local soup kitchen. The soon to be ten-year old spends time glopping stuffing onto plates and the seven-year old puts rolls on every plate. They want to help and the seven-year old thinks its very grown up to wear those plastic deli gloves.
    That is wonderful. Just remember they picked what they wanted to do, to do as a family. One day a year for a couple hours. What if it was....no, sorry, the kids can't come (sanitary, age requirements, insurance issues), you'll be working 8 hours that day doing the prep work and clean up afterwards.....oh and by the way....we'll be expecting you here next Thursday for the spagetti dinner as well.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes will be there as soon as I can raise airfare to get there to help! It may be in June or August, so just leave the dishes for me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Reminds [me] of what Cuba does.
    And Israel. I wonder if this could possibly cause an increase in teen pregnancy by those hoping to escape such service.

Vortex Wrote:

Actually, it may not be a bad idea to teach kids a sense of country and helping the community and learning some responsibility. There are too many latch-key kids who have no parental supervision as mom or dad is working three jobs just to feed them. Yes there are plenty of kids not in that category, but there are more and more who prefer hanging out on street corners with the rest of the gang. Schools cannot replace parents, and parents cannot do the job when they are not there.
    Are you advocating the government take over parental responsibilities?

I believe that this is a violation of the 13th Amendment that every one of the "law makers" and the President has SWORN to protect.
    We no longer have a draft for the military???????

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution ... txiii.html

Amendment XIII
    Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Section 2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12