Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

How to interject Illegal Immigration into any story or blog

How to interject Illegal Immigration into almost any story or blog.

Los Alamos bridge over I-15 could be temporarily closed

By: BRIAN ECKHOUSE - Staff Writer

MURRIETA -- In an effort to ease congestion on Los Alamos Road, the City Council on Tuesday will consider a proposal to close the two-lane bridge across Interstate 15 for up to a year while it is demolished and a larger one is built.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/03 ... 3_2_07.txt

Comments On This Story

Note: Comments reflect the views of readers and not necessarily those of the North County Times or its staff.

Life Long Resident wrote on March 03, 2007 5:28 AM:"You have got to be kidding! When was the last time anyone from the city drove Murrieta Hot Springs Rd. or Cal Oaks??? It must have been around 1990 if they are seriously considering pushing all that extra traffic onto those two arteries!! Yes, the Los Alamos bridge needs to be replaced. But at what expense??? Add another 4000-5000 cars on either of those roads and the screams from the residents will be unbelievable. When was the last time anyone of the council members sat at the corner of Los Alamos, near the Stater Bros.? The wait there is already ridiculous! Come on and wake up people! "

Wes wrote on March 03, 2007 5:36 AM:"Keep it passable or station a traffic cop at Cal OaksJefferson and Cal OaksMonroe. Oh, and finish Monroe before you do this. What is my time and thousands of others per day worth? Let the council consider that. Perhaps we should get together and send them the bill. Then the decision would be clear."

what? wrote on March 03, 2007 5:43 AM:"more agony for the redevelopment area ghetto. I wonder who they polled on Friday. This would cause a MAJOR hardship. These dopey decisions are the result of YEARS and YEARS of poor planning. Another attempt to bring driving misery to Murrieta residents."

Jeremy wrote on March 03, 2007 6:38 AM:"It's not that big of a deal to use Murrieta Hot Springs instead of Los Alamos to get across the 15. But I would hate to use Cal Oaks."

Paul wrote on March 03, 2007 6:43 AM:"While they are at it, make sure the bridge span is large enough for inclusion of adding lanes to the I15 in the future."

Ask wrote on March 03, 2007 8:40 AM:"Paul, great idea. It would really stink to have to rebuild the bridge due to very very bad fore site."

Gary in Murrieta wrote on March 03, 2007 9:09 AM:"I can't wait for the major new shopping center to open on Clinton Keith road and the 215 Freeway. You know the one, the one that is across the street from Antelope Road, and the bursting to capacity High School. We live in Mapleton and already during the day we have to drive NORTH to Scott, to DRIVE south to Murrieta or Temecula.. I still cannot figure out why they started the Los Alamos Bridge before Clinton Keith Bridge."

Gary in Murrieta wrote on March 03, 2007 9:15 AM:"I usually vanpool to Sam's Club at 4:00PM every day. One day last week we were running late, and got to the Murrieta Hot Springs exit an hour late at 5:00PM. The bridge and two intersections were so gridlocked that it took us almost 30 minutes just to get off the northbound exit onto Murrieta Hot Springs. Now if we are late we must continue up the 15 instead, and get off at Murrieta Hot springs there, because at least the traffic will somewhat flow. It is time to have traffic police at these intersections because the road rage is building"

Gary in Murrieta wrote on March 03, 2007 9:20 AM:". The last time I attended a Murrieta City Council meeting over a year ago, the hot topic of discussion was the Clinton Keith Intersection Bridge, with the 215, and the Antelope Road, and over a year later nothing has been done. Now that the high School on the same corner is at full capacity, the New Orchid's shopping mall across the street will be open soon. Antelope was supposed to be realigned, and new parallel road built west of the 215. So far I have seen no physical improvements, and traffic is gridlocked more and more everyday. Meanwhile they are building a million new houses between the high school and Scott Road. Hmmmmm? I have lived in Murrieta for 12 years."

RE : temporarily closed wrote on March 03, 2007 9:26 AM:"You are talking about a few days right? A week or two at most? IF YOU ARE TALKING MONTHS : THAT IS INSANITY!"

What's up with Murrieta wrote on March 03, 2007 11:32 AM:"Every story from Murrieta seems to be about a negative impact on their quality of life (dysfunctional city council, traffic, gangs, etc.). They're becoming the Moreno Valley of SouthWest Riverside County."

To: What's up with Murrieta wrote on March 03, 2007 12:49 PM:"It's the illegal Aliens. They are forcing all of the middle class to flee from Los Angeles, Santa Ana, and parts of San Diego. I have neighbors who have moved from Santa Ana and Escondido for that very reason. With over 4 million Illegal Aliens in California alone, they have to take up housing somewhere. As far as the gangs go, they are imported, and you can guess who makes up their ranks. I have lived in Murrieta for 12 years and I will take this city any day over the others."

Check the Crime Stats for Murrieta wrote on March 03, 2007 3:39 PM:"The very few serious crimes we did have here from last year were committed by people from other cities or even worse people illegaly here from other countries. And that is a fact."

Ingrid wrote on March 03, 2007 4:05 PM:"RE : dysfunctional city council >>>> I am sorry I have to agree with that statement, but that is an inhouse problem. The gangs, crimes, severe accidents, and most of the other trappings like in San Diego seem to be imported."

trust me... wrote on March 03, 2007 4:14 PM:"Murrieta will be full of gang bangers soon, and already has problems with some. Parents move their problem children out of LA to get them out of the gangs. Murrieta has cheap housing and attracts low class wannabees."

Murrieta may wrote on March 03, 2007 4:19 PM:"not have as many gangs as San Diego (for now) but believe you me...there are many other issues up there. Lived there for five years and never have seen so much white trash (and other) and immature parents in my life. I moved back to San Diego to get away from the people up there. Oh, and the lack of greenery. In fact, I just drove passed Murrieta today and traffic was horrible. No thanks, you can have it. I'll pay more to live in San Diego where it is green and beautiful AND my child goes to a better rated school than the one she went to in Murrieta. How about that!"

Long Time Murrieta Resident wrote on March 03, 2007 4:46 PM:"The Bridge south of Los Alamos over the 215 at Murrieta Hot Springs is gridlocked every afternoon. The bridge north of Los Alamos at Clinton Keith is heavily congested all day, and especially when the high school is open. There is a new shopping mall set to open at that same intersection of Clinton Keith and the 215. And they want to close the Los Alamos Bridge for how long? Months? Of all of the things I like about living in Murrieta, The Local traffic planning is not one of them. Our city council seems to be quite dysfunctional when it comes to advanced planning."

To : trust me... wrote on March 03, 2007 4:58 PM:"You almost seem jeolous. Most of the gangs are originating from Los Angeles County and the communities encompassing the City of Angels. They have become a treacherous third world dead zone permeated by random gunfire, drug dealing, innocent victims, and a regard for life as low as that in the hellish streets of Rio de Janeiro. Up north in San Fernando Valley, the problem is worsening as well. Leaving is indeed what many people are doing, either to Antelope Valley up north or the less expensive Inland Empire communities east. Even in these places, the gang population is exploding with a vengeance. And that is where you think Murrieta is headed? If we ever do get that bad then all is lost for California, and our country will cease to exist as we know it. OPEN BORDERS? ANYONE?"

jealous? ha ha ha ha wrote on March 03, 2007 7:11 PM:"ha ha....to live in the desert an hour away from civilization? ha ha ha ha. Your funny."

To: What's up with Murrieta wrote on March 03, 2007 12:49 PM wrote on March 03, 2007 7:38 PM:"Here we go putting blame on illegals. Very Convenient. Ehy don't you put the blame on the Country Bumpkin City Council. Murrieta will always be Temecula's step cousin because of one big reason. Bad politicians up there, smarter politicians down here. Please blaming on illegals. Take repsonsibilty Chad or Sport or Chase or whatever your idiotic thinking name is. Onve you quit hiring inllegals then maybe the crime would go away. That is so right The 'Moreno Valley of Southwest County'. If the glove fits!! haha!! "

To : To: What's up with Murrieta wrote on March 03, 2007 12:49 PM wrote on March 03, 2007 10:26 PM:"Gee.... What is wrong with Moreno Valley? I guess we can agree on something. Illegal Aliens bring down cities, with their gangs, underachieving students, and third world ways of doing business. They cannot pay their medical bills or pay for their education, but they can sure send billions of dollars out of the country. Now in order for them to do that their must be millions of them, and leads me back to my first post on why Southwest Riverside is getting so crowded. It is because of the flight of the American middle Class, from Los Angeles, Santa Ana, and San Diego. Just look at any city near Los Angeles, or as you say it Moreno valley."

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/03 ... 3_2_07.txt

Well, Skip it's the only thing some of us want to talk about.

I make a terrible dinner guest.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Grocery workers contract ends Monday

By: WILLIAM FINN BENNETT - Staff Writer

NORTH COUNTY ---- As a contract between three supermarket chains and an employees union approaches its expiration Monday, opinions of workers and customers varied last week on the possibility of a repeat of the crippling 2003 strike that left thousands out of work for almost five months.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/03 ... 3_3_07.txt

Comments On This Story

Note: Comments reflect the views of readers and not necessarily those of the North County Times or its staff.

If they strike.. wrote on March 04, 2007 12:02 AM:"..this customer strikes back with even more visits to Wal*Mart for groceries. Corn flakes at Ralphs $3.99, at Wal*Mart, $2.17. Big D'oh! Where should I go? Look at what the unions cost so Mickey can get a cut of your hard earned wages. This is not 1910 anymore. The unions are not needed. Look at the US automakers. Ronald Reagan had it right. Fire them all. "

Mike wrote on March 04, 2007 12:21 AM:"I would certainly hope that they decide to strike again. It did them so much good last time. When will these unions learn. This is the 21st century and they cannot beat corporate America. I do not shop a supermarket chain any more. I refuse. Thanks to the union and corporate America. I shop Trader Joes and Costco. Yes Costco is a union and corporate. But they didn't strike."

Randy wrote on March 04, 2007 8:52 AM:"Costco is the more socially responsible business model. Costco's employees receive fair wages and benefits. Costco's prices are low. The only problem with Costco is that I always spend twice as much as I intend. Everything looks so good!"

Joe wrote on March 04, 2007 9:21 AM:"The international corporations are even worse than the robber barons of 1910! They hire all part time to avoid overtime, they encourage illegal immigration to keep labor costs down, they outsource jobs to 3rd world nations and they pay off pols for lucrative gov. contracts with inflated costs while squeezing the workers! Of course Unions are needed today, now more than ever. "

DT wrote on March 04, 2007 9:54 AM:"Only one thing can be said: Win-Co"

Ron wrote on March 04, 2007 9:59 AM:"The two tier system is an attept by these supermarket chains to stay competive with other Big Box's like Wal-Mart. They need to keep their prices as low as they can, so they will have customers, which pay for employees, stockholders, and CEO's. You know, back when these supermarket chains came on-line, these same arguments about unfair, and losing jobs were in vogue back then too. You employees need to get smart here, and stop buying this union line. The reality is you need to work. Now, you can work at X supermarket for XX per hour plus whatever you can pick up in a pay raise, or benefits, or you can lose your job, when the company goes out of business, and then you can go to work at Wal-Mart at $8 an hour. You guys have gotta learn that half a loaf is better than none."

Floyd wrote on March 04, 2007 11:13 AM:"You have to wait a year before health care kicks in? And then you probably have to wait another year before coverage of pre-existing conditions occurs? I've always believed the existence of a unionized workforce is an indication of bad management, and this certainly supports that belief. Here's a news flash -- if you consider your employees to be as important as your customers, your workers won't see the need for self-defense and you won't have the combative environment and disruptions that result in a unionized workplace. "

Gary In Murrieta wrote on March 04, 2007 11:48 AM:"After the last grocery strike, I have yet to go back to an Albertsons Store, since the striking employees were so rude. Now I shop at the March Air Base Commissary, WalMart, Winco, or Samm's Club. I don't miss them a bit. We also shop at TraderJoe's on occassion."

Ask wrote on March 04, 2007 11:48 AM:"LOL, what a joke!"

Skip wrote on March 04, 2007 11:53 AM:"I have an idea. Since Illegal Aliens pick the food, and process the food, why not let them sell the food. I am sure they will work for dirt-cheap, not complain, and not get any benefits. Aside from us having to subsidize their education, health care, and other benefits, the price of groceries could actually go down. I am sure that they would be very polite, and helpful, and never go on strike. You do not have to speak English to scan the bananas."

To Joe : wrote on March 04, 2007 11:55 AM:"RE: They hire all part time to avoid overtime, they encourage illegal immigration to keep labor costs down, they outsource jobs to 3rd world immigrants >>>>> That sounds like Home Depot!"

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor