Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

How To Make Congress Read Their Bills Before Voting!

Please go to the following link and watch the brief video from Ron Paul on how the Stimulus Bill was passed. He says it was 1,000 pages long, had to be read over night, and there were only 4 hard copies available making it impossible to know exactly what was being voted on! This has been done many times before and Americans cannot allow it to continue!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hlszHekH6I

After you've watch the video, please go to:
    http://www.downsizedc.org/etp/campaigns/27

NO LEGISLATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION!

Support the "read the bills act" which would require Congress to actually read their bills before voting! Duh! You think they were supposed to be doing this all along!

TAKEN FROM WEBSITE DOWNSIZEDC.ORG:

They carelessly pass mammoth bills that none of them have read. Sometimes printed copies aren't even available when they vote!

Often no one knows what these bills contain, or what they really do, or what they will really cost.

Additions and deletions are made at the last minute, in secrecy.

They combine unpopular proposals with popular measures that few in Congress want to oppose. (This practice is called “log-rolling.â€

Re: How To Make Congress Read Their Bills Before Voting!

Quote Originally Posted by chloe24
    Duh! You think they were supposed to be doing this all along!

Thank you for posting this, chloe24! I was literally in the process of contacting my congressman to ask him to sponsor such a bill when I read your post. Pelosi, Reid, et al will most likely fight it since this is the tactic they use to try and ram bills through, just like the immigration bill!

Re: How To Make Congress Read Their Bills Before Voting!

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamtnwoman
    Quote Originally Posted by chloe24
    Duh! You think they were supposed to be doing this all along!

Thank you for posting this, chloe24! I was literally in the process of contacting my congressman to ask him to sponsor such a bill when I read your post. Pelosi, Reid, et al will most likely fight it since this is the tactic they use to try and ram bills through, just like the immigration bill!
    It saddens me that there is even cause to bring up such a bill, it should be a no brainer.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It saddens me that there is even cause to bring up such a bill, it should be a no brainer.
    You'd think wouldn't you. Have to make it a law so you do the job you were hired to do.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Even if they did read it they wouldn't understand or care anyway! Toss em all out their all bums!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!