Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

related

Huckabee Dismisses Birthers' Claim

Updated: Tuesday, 01 Mar 2011, 4:12 PM CST
    Published : Tuesday, 01 Mar 2011, 4:12 PM CST

(NewsCore) - NEW YORK -- Former Arkansas Governor, and potential 2012 presidential candidate, Mike Huckabee said Tuesday that he was confident that President Barack Obama was born in the United States, mainly because if he wasn't, Hillary Clinton and her husband Bill would have exposed it during their hard-fought 2008 Democratic primary battle against Obama.

"The only reason I'm not as confident that there's something about the birth certificate ... is because I know the Clintons well, and believe me they had lots of investigators out on him, and I'm convinced if there was anything they could have found on that they would have found it, and I promise they would have used it," Huckabee said on "The Steve Malzberg Show" on New York station WOR.

However, in the same interview, Huckabee inaccurately stated that Obama's worldview was affected by being raised in Kenya.

The president's father was Kenyan, but the 44th president was raised in Hawaii and Indonesia.

"If you think about it, his [Obama's] perspective as growing up in Kenya with a Kenyan father and grandfather, their view of the Mau Mau Revolution in Kenya is very different than ours because he probably grew up hearing that the British were a bunch of imperialists who persecuted his grandfather," Huckabee said.

Huckabee made the comments while discussing "Birthers" -- people who believe that Obama was born outside the country and is therefore not eligible to be president. During his 2008 campaign, the Obama camp released his birth certificate and his birth announcements from 1961 to two Honolulu newspapers to prove that he was born in the US.

Huckabee, who has said he will make a decision on running for president some time this summer, currently hosts a weekly show on Fox News Channel. Fox News Channel is owned by News Corp. which also owns NewsCore.

Source: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpps/news/hucka ... 1_12117504
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote="oldguy"][quote="Pisces_2010"][b]A (“Birth Certificateâ€
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces_2010
    We cannot get this done if we are distracted by old news to draw attentions away from the main subject.
    =================================

This is EXACTLY what Huckabee (and many within the GOP) have been and are doing (and will do all the way up to November, 2012).

Huckabee has been a DISMAL, DISMAL, DISMAL failure on illegal immigration as the governor of Arkansas. And now he wants everyone to simply act as if it never happened.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY2BME
    We cannot get this done if we are distracted by old news to draw attentions away from the main subject.
    =================================

This is EXACTLY what Huckabee (and many within the GOP) have been and are doing (and will do all the way up to November, 2012).

Huckabee has been a DISMAL, DISMAL, DISMAL failure on illegal immigration as the governor of Arkansas. And now he wants everyone to simply act as if it never happened.
    Bingo!! I see you have your hat on right!! Lol,
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

Bingo!!
    ===================================

http://arkansasfreedom.com/2007/08/22/s ... -less.aspx

Governor Huckabee risks political fortunes to denounce immigration raid By Melissa Nelson Associated Press August 5 2005

Huckabee, a Baptist minister, said his support for the state’s growing Hispanic population has to do with compassion, not politics…Hugo Juarez, deputy consul general for the Mexican Consulate in Dallas, called Huckabee a good friend of Mexicans and the Mexican government.

The governor’s pro-immigrant stance was also praised by LULAC president Hector Flores, who called Huckabee’s efforts for the children a testament to progress in racial attitudes.

“I marvel at the changes in a Southern state like Arkansas where the governor actually called out the troops to keep the schools from being integrated in 1957. What a turnaround and especially for it to come from a Republican,â€

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12