Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I think the worst problem will be that small business and and other lines of credit will be cut and business will not have the money needed to order supplies and to pay employees and bills.

Over 75% of America's workforce is employed by these small to medium sized business take away their lines of credit and take away those business ability to keep people employed. ifthe bailout does go through that might still happen though.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

If the bailout happens we will put off cleaning up this mess despite the pile of rubbage getting larger and more difficult to manage.

If the bailout does not happen we will start cleaning and work towards a clean balance sheet. This will be a monumental task in itself. JMHO

The house of cards is clearly visible to the world now, fear replaces confidence in the markets and the snowball will continue to roll towards hell. Faith in the dollar is the only thing that holds the house of cards together. Faith has taken a great blow with the disclosure of greed and corruption in the worlds banking sectors.

Neither scenario is pretty. Take the teaspoon of cod liver oil now or drink the entire bottle later.

Some people believe the end play will be a one world currency. All nations go broke, and out of the ashes comes the one world currency. A fresh start. A brave new world.

Quote Originally Posted by 93camaro
    I think the worst problem will be that small business and and other lines of credit will be cut and business will not have the money needed to order supplies and to pay employees and bills.

Over 75% of America's workforce is employed by these small to medium sized business take away their lines of credit and take away those business ability to keep people employed. ifthe bailout does go through that might still happen though.
    I THINK THIS IS TRUE FOR SOME SMALL BUSINESSES. BUT IT IS HARD FOR ME TO BELIEVE THAT NONE OF THESE SMALL BUSINESSES ARE MAKING A PROFIT AND ARE JUST SURVIVING ON CREDIT.

NEXT...I DONT BELIEVE THE BANKS WONT BE LENDING MONEY. THATS THE ONLY WAY THEY STAY IN BUSINESS IS BY LENDING MONEY. THEY WILL LEND MONEY. THAT IS THEIR BUSINESS. EITHER LEND MONEY OR YOU ARE NOT A BANK ANYMORE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353

I THINK THIS IS TRUE FOR SOME SMALL BUSINESSES. BUT IT IS HARD FOR ME TO BELIEVE THAT NONE OF THESE SMALL BUSINESSES ARE MAKING A PROFIT AND ARE JUST SURVIVING ON CREDIT.

NEXT...I DONT BELIEVE THE BANKS WONT BE LENDING MONEY. THATS THE ONLY WAY THEY STAY IN BUSINESS IS BY LENDING MONEY. THEY WILL LEND MONEY. THAT IS THEIR BUSINESS. EITHER LEND MONEY OR YOU ARE NOT A BANK ANYMORE.

Yeah you make a point but I think that we can't find any facts to the point that we know how many of these business are running on credit. Besides if business were doing that much profit right now a bailout wouldn't be considered since the rest of the economy would be profitable.

And the banks can pick and choose who and how they lend money and you can tell right now that they are just not capable of making the right choices, and that hurts those business the most. Its a ripple effect and it screws the hard working people the most, but either way were probably going to be paying for this greed for decades.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    I don't understand exactly what will happen.

It seems there were demonstrations in NY by the people who work in the industry - against the bail out.

Now I'm thinking if those people were against the bail out - they aren't afraid of total collapse without it. If the workers in the industry think they will fare better without a bailout - as in having a job - I'm thinking it couldn't be that disastrous.

The only one I have heard actually talk about the 'what if we don't' is Ron Paul and he says it will be bad times for a year - but if we get the bail out it will be bad times for about 10 years.
    Sen Tom Coburn released the following statement about the bailout. Sen Coburn is usually staunchly against any kind of unnecessary government spending of any kind:
    [quote]Dr. Coburn Says a Financial Stabilization Plan is Necessary
    Says political greed in Congress is root of the problem

September 29, 2008

(WASHINGTON, D.C.) – U.S. Senator Tom Coburn, M.D. (R-OK) released the following statement today regarding a financial stabilization plan Congress is expected to consider this week:

“Taxpayers deserve to know that there is no guarantee this plan will work, but there is a guarantee that we will face a financial catastrophe if we do nothing. If banks continue to fail and stop lending the average American could lose their job, be unable to secure a loan for a car, home or college education, and find their life savings and retirement in jeopardy. Our economy depends on having liquid assets available for credit and lending just as an automobile engine needs oil. If those liquid assets stop flowing, our economy will be seriously damaged and will require far more costly and lengthy repairs.â€
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

AE

What bothers me the most about this is that people like my husband and I, we are living on cash alone. We do not have one single credit card, no car loan payments and no mortgage. We are living within our means. This will in NO WAY do ANYTHING for people like us who have stayed debt free, and also who have never had stock in anything to do with Wall Street. We have just done what was necessary to pay our bills and keep up with our own needs.

I predict this bill approval for the bail-out is going to really hurt Americans like all of us for a long time.

BTW pkelly, welcome to ALIPAC!
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353

Yeah you make a point but I think that we can't find any facts to the point that we know how many of these business are running on credit. Besides if business were doing that much profit right now a bailout wouldn't be considered since the rest of the economy would be profitable.

And the banks can pick and choose who and how they lend money and you can tell right now that they are just not capable of making the right choices, and that hurts those business the most. Its a ripple effect and it screws the hard working people the most, but either way were probably going to be paying for this greed for decades.
    YES WE HAVE NO DEFINITIVE INFORMATION. WE DONT HAVE ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. WE ARE TRYING TO SEPARATE THE HYPE FROM VALID FACT WITHOUT ANY VERIFIABLE DATA.

BUT I STILL HAVE TO THINK THAT BUSINESSES RUNNING ON CREDIT WOULD BE MAXED OUT AT SOME POINT AND GO OUT OF BUSINESS. SO THIS IS WHY I DONT REALLY THINK THEY ARE ALL RUNNING ON CREDIT. AND SOME BUSINESSES THAT ARE NOT MAKING AN ACTUAL PROFIT WOULD JUST THROW IN THE TOWEL.

I AGREE THAT WE WILL BE PAYING FOR THIS GREED FOR DECADES.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AE
    What bothers me the most about this is that people like my husband and I, we are living on cash alone. We do not have one single credit card, no car loan payments and no mortgage. We are living within our means. This will in NO WAY do ANYTHING for people like us who have stayed debt free, and also who have never had stock in anything to do with Wall Street. We have just done what was necessary to pay our bills and keep up with our own needs.

I predict this bill approval for the bail-out is going to really hurt Americans like all of us for a long time.

BTW pkelly, welcome to ALIPAC!
    I really needed some opinions about this bailout and I'm very grateful for all the responses I've received so far! All we can do is expect the worst to happen, and hope for the best. I'm praying for the best to happen!

This bailout won't have any immediate impact yet, but the dollar will de-value against other currencies driving the price of comsumer goods up as well as everything else, this is just bad news either way.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

If there were no bailout, life would go on as usual. You might find the stock market flutuate, but its not going to crash. We have been in worse positions before. IMO, WE WERE SCAMMED.

The only people making out from this bailout are the rich elites, Wall Street Pigs, the Treasury Dept, Bush, Pelosi, Reid, Dodd, and several other traitors.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast