The Impeachable Offenses of Barack Hussein Obama Part 5
by Terence James Mason (One American Voice)

tjmason@oneamericanvoice.me

Attribute to L. Neil Smith's The Libertarian Enterprise

Part 1: http://www.ncc-1776.org/tle2013/tle705-20130113-00.html

Part 2: http://www.ncc-1776.org/tle2013/tle706-20130120-00.html

Part 3: http://www.ncc-1776.org/tle2013/tle707-20130203-00.html

Part 4: http://www.ncc-1776.org/tle2013/tle708-20130217-00.html

Introduction:
The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things...

My mundane life has intervened with updating (and consolidating) this series as I had originally hoped to, but not only has that situation changed a bit of late, but the situation on the national and world stage is such as to demand commentary. The numbering below continues from the original series.
I will note that other authors have now published whole books on the subject of impeachable offenses.

3 (updated) Obamacare (Updated from Parts 1 and 4)
There have been several developments in the Obamacare saga this week:

a. In Part 4, I wrote "The true costs are becoming apparent, and it's going to be expensive. Much more expensive. This means that more people will be forced out of the private insurance market and into the federal exchange system..."

b. Everyone with a body temperature of more than 50 degrees Fahrenheit and two functioning synapses between their ears now realizes that Obamacare was sold on criminally fraudulent pretenses. Over 4 million individual insurance policies have already been cancelled because of non-compliance with Obamacare, exposing the President's oft-repeated claim of "If you like your coverage, you can keep your coverage" as a blatant falsehood (and he's so sorry that you believed him). Either he is guilty of deliberate fraud, or he is so incompetent that Iranian-born shadow president Valerie Jarret's main job must be wiping the drool off, and I will note that those are not mutually exclusive propositions. The promise "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" is also exposed as a lie because the new Obamacare-compliant policies are not even transportable between counties of the same state, much less between states, as evidenced by the California cancer victim who wrote in the Wall Street Journal last week. The promise that "you will save $2500 per year" has become "you will pay $2500 more per year for every member of your family"—someone, after all, has to pay Sandra Fluke's $300 per month (her estimate) contraceptive bill. Alabama Congressman Mo Brooks has revealed that Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama will be paying more than $200 million per year in new taxes to help fund subsidies to persons who can't afford the higher costs of mandatory insurance. That's money that is evidently coming out of the increased fees charged to those who can pay.

Even worse, estimates are that by the time the delayed Employer mandate kicks in next October (just in time for the 2014 Congressional elections, which is one reason DemoRats are scurrying to abandon the sinking ship like the Rats they are), the combined loss to the individual and employer-paid health insurance market will be between 90 and 120 million individual policies.

Thus Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Reid, AND every other Democrat who voted for this atrocity are guilty of criminal fraud and should be impeached, except that there are no Constitutional provisions for impeachment when more than 1/3 of both houses of Congress are equally guilt and equally committed to not acknowledging, much less voting for, their own impeachment. (Not even Mark Levin, in this summer's excellent book The Liberty Amendments, addressed this issue—although I did, in my set of proposed amendments in No Loopholes: Getting Back to Basics, available from Twilight Time Books and on Amazon Kindle and Barnes and Noble Nook.). One could further make the case that they are accomplices to attempted murder of those people for whom health insurance is essential, whose policies have been cancelled (such as the lady noted above; there are other cases in the news). And the civil liability if some brave soul should bring a class action lawsuit for damages is already on the order of $40 billion (4 million people, $2000 in increased costs per year for five years, excluding punitive damages and court costs/legal fees) and can be expected to increase to almost $1 trillion by the end of next year.

7. Excesses and consequences regarding the War Power Act

The original discussion in Part 3 centered on the conduct of the air battle against Libya and briefly alluded to the developing discussion of the attack on the consulate in Benghazi. The continued obfuscation regarding what happened in Benghazi, and in particular the use of intimidation to prevent persons knowledgeable of the situation from testifying before Congress, should itself be considered an impeachable offense, as well as a disqualifier for the then-Secretary of State ever becoming president.

Despite the cover up, it now appears likely that what happened in Benghazi was related to efforts to provide arms and support to the Syrian rebels. Since both the government of Syria and the majority of the rebel forces are inimical to the United States, supporting either side is, unambiguously, providing "aid and comfort to an enemy," and is thus directly a "high crime" under the United States Constitution. Only the President's and current Secretary of State's ineptness, the advantage taken of that failure by the President of Russia, and the near-universal outrage at intervention by the People and the Congress (the liberals for the usual reasons, and the Conservatives for the reason I cited) prevented the Administration from straying directly into that conflict.

One other note: in the present imbroglio regarding nuclear negotiations with Iran, my sentiment is with the President of Israel, who apparently is not at the table and whose country has the most to lose if the negotiations fail or if Iran negotiates in bad faith (which I would anticipate). The same considerations outlined above regarding the Syrian rebels, some 70%+ of whom are affiliated with either the terrorist organizations Al-Qaeda or the Moslem Brotherhood, apply to Iran.1

9. Foreign use of drones as a tool for assassination.

The President has said "I've become very good at killing." Enough said?

Terence James Mason is the author of No Loopholes: Getting Back to Basics, an assessment of the meaning of the Bill of Rights and a suggestion of additional Constitutional Amendments to restore the Framer's vision for the Republic. No Loopholes is electronically published by Twilight Times Books in Kindle, Nook, and other popular electronic formats. Mason tweets on the need for #NoLoopholes @OneAmericanVoice. Web site: www.oneamericanvoice.me

Notes

1 One cannot assume that the only danger foreign tyrants pose to the United States, its interests, and its citizens, is as foils that potential American tyrants can use to justify curtailing American liberties.

http://ncc-1776.org/tle2013/tle745-20131117-00.html