Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Inexpensive Food For ALL of Us - NO Income Limit!

About a month ago, I was told about Angel Food Ministries by another family member. Well, I just got back from picking up my food and I have to say it has more than exceeded my expectations.

I orderd $70 worth of food and I have no doubts that it could easily feed a family of 4 for at LEAST 3 weeks! I got the Regular food box for $30 a 6 lb asst meat box for $22 and a Fresh Fruit and Veggie box for $21. The meat box looks good - the cuts are great, the meat is not fatty, and it is packaged generously and well.

There is also a food package for Seniors or just people on the go of pre-packaged frozen meals you can just pop into the microwave. I have not tried this yet, but will see if I can get my brother to since he is newly divorced and living in a trailer.

One thing I was worried about was having to stand in line like a hobo at the soup kitchen with a bunch of IA's. NOT so! Everyone there was nice, helpful, kind and spoke English. The whole process took me less than 15 minutes and was very organized and dignified. They will even help you bring your "bounty" out to the car!

The next order date for March is the 15th and you pcik your food up two weeks later on the 28th. It takes a bit of planning ahead, but I will be spreading the word about this to everyone I know. I hope this helps and now that I can speak from experience I can tell you all it is well worth your time.

I don't see things getting any better in the near future and with my state's inept Govt taxing us to death, this is something I will probably keep doing.

Here is the link: www.angelfoodministries.com
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hey Sic!...just checked on the site you posted and found out they're a 5 minute walk from my home in Baltimore county!...you cant beat the menu...I'm guessing what they offer in a box deal for $30 would cost me twice that in the supermarket...thanks for the heads up...god bless...Ede

Thanks Sic! I've got one about 10 minutes away and will be checking it out. Passed along to friends who I know are having a hard time too and they were almost in tears. Probably the reason not many IAs going is because it's not FREE food.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Thank you so much for the info. This would really help.

Thanks Sic! I've got one about 10 minutes away and will be checking it out. Passed along to friends who I know are having a hard time too and they were almost in tears. Probably the reason not many IAs going is because it's not FREE food.
    It looks like a good deal.....alot cheaper than I can get at the store for sure. And boy will it help!

Your all very welcome. If it only helps one person it's worth it. I still cant get over how nice the meat looks.

I just wish I'd posted this a few weeks ago because now we have to wait another month. I just wanted to be sure that no one would have that "hobo" feeling - and thankfully, that was not the case.

One thing also is that sometimes there might be foods in there that you would not normally buy from the store - like cabbage or yams. So now I will have fun finding out some new recipes to try.

MW
    Angel Food Ministries: Yah or Nay?

http://frugalliving.about.com/b/2008/11 ... or-nay.htm

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We have one in my location, I think I will call Monday.

I was so thrilled about this at first.........but not anymore.

My ex accused me of wanting to kill my kids by supporting this place!!!

Guess it depends on where you live and what's next.

Seriously, I was shocked......

wanting to kill my kids by supporting this place!!!
    Can you elaborate on this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast