Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Iraq War -Should We Stay or Should We Go?

I know this is a highly emotional topic. However, since ALIPAC has such a diverse group of Americans here (as well as the most intelligent and articulate compared to other forums!), I am truly interested in where you stand on this issue. My friends, family and I are all conflicted about it.

Personally, I think it's time to come home. Besides all the deaths, our economy is going to tank. Did you know the American dollar is now worth less than the Canadian dollar? If this country goes under economically, how will we be able to afford anything? If we can no longer afford funding for the military, how are they going to protect us?

Where do you stand?

Has your position changed since the start of the war? Why?

What are your concerns? Fears?

Any thoughts???

Should have never went in the first place until our borders were secured
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

We should bring the boys home and "redeploy" them to the border.

No, I never supported this war......I was part of that 20% who thought it was a bad idea at the outset. And I have always hated Bush. Before he was elected. When he was elected. Immediately following 9-11. Leading up to Iraq. And now. ALWAYS.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

No matter the reason we went to Iraq ,I think we have to stay now,especially now that the "surge" is really making a difference.To leave now would be worse than when we left Vietnam,in that what little respect we have would collapse.I believe at least one more year will be needed to prevent Iran,Syria,and possibly Turkey from setting their sights on Iraq.To leave now would possibly result in a blood bath for those who have helped us (of course most would be given refuge here just like those who sided with us during the Vietnam War).I wish we could just leave but I regretfully don't think it is possible to do it without collapsing the whole infrastructure of the middle East at this time.JMO. Its a massive mess with no reasonable alternatives and no easy answers.

There is already a blood bath going on there and you only have the generals word for it that their surge is working and then again for how long. WE should leave now. IF not, when will be a good time? There will always be a question on how soon is too soon, so why not make it now. Our government doesn't intend on ever leaving. When have we ever gone ino a country and left? They built a consulate there larger than the Vatican and are building a huge base there. So come on. We need to bring our troops home now!!!!!!!! Right now there is no end in site.

When we went into Iraq, I as many others were completelly confiant on Booshe's words.
    I trusted our president and thought the others just wanted to make opposition to him.
    I never trusted the United Nations.As I don't trust them now.
    THEN CAME MAY 1st 2006.
    Until then I didn't care about politics, I cared about the news, and I knew the MSM was aginst the president. I was affraid of the terrorist, Boosh was protecting all of us. and all other propaganda around...
    ON May 1st 2006
    I've heard about the boycott, I saw the foreign flags on the streets, I saw all those invaders marching on our streets demanding rights and nobody in power to defend our country against them...
    I was remodeling my kitch so I had to buy some appliences, I didn't have to buy that day but as they were asking for a boycott on the business I went out and I bought 1 refrigerator, 1 cooktop, 1microwave, 1 oven, 1 sink and faucet, Oh I forgot 1 TV because mine wasn't OK. THIS WAS MY CONTRBUITION TO THE BOYCOTT
    After that I, who always hated computer, came home and started looking for news on the internet, cause as always I could;n find on TV.
    I started ggoglin illigal immigration, illegals,etc... That's how I found ALIPAC
    From that time until now, I have to thank a lot Alipac,W. for everything they have been doing and for the lessons I've learned in these very educative forums and with such a huge library. Also to many Alipacers who unfortunatelly are not posting any more, their knowledge expertise are respectable and desirable. (If you ever read this post I want to thank you)
    If you are in a process of learning, of course , you go search for more. Tha's how I started learning more and more about the war , when I couldn't read I bought DVD's or books, so if you combine everything you get to your conclusions.
    Are these conspiracies ? when you find the same fact on several places and you start comparing what is going on in the MSM news and what you read some time ago MATCHES, although in differents interpretations but the things start happening.
    You start believing.
    THAT"s why my opinion : There are no "terrorist",this war is a war for greed not for the oil but to take control of the Iraq central bank in order to manipulate large ammounts of money and to plunge the American dollar because the amero and also to financial gain
    (it's happening . I could talk about many more facts that are going on and it was antecipated but this is not the case.
    In my opinion, bring back our people not only from Iraq but all over the world. The Iraq goverment know how to take care otherwise they would be helping us to stbilize. I also find incredible how suddenly the surge is working (the candidate who gets elected has to be in an agreement to keep on the war in Iraq,It's important for the globalist, America has to be broken or the people will not accept the SALVATION THE AMERO ).
    Let's take care of our country for a while our veterans, our children, our hard working class who send help all over the world in detriment of their own.
    Americans are good at heart, God bless you.

I never advocated for invading Iraq. I think we should bring all our troops home NOW and forget about that stinkin' hellhole of a country.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

MW
    agrneydgrl wrote:

There is already a blood bath going on there and you only have the generals word for it that their surge is working and then again for how long.
    Are any of us in a position to question Gen. Petraeus? Should folks call him a liar and question his integrity just because they disapprove of the war?

I pretty much support what Chromedome said:

No matter the reason we went to Iraq ,I think we have to stay now,especially now that the "surge" is really making a difference.To leave now would be worse than when we left Vietnam,in that what little respect we have would collapse.I believe at least one more year will be needed to prevent Iran,Syria,and possibly Turkey from setting their sights on Iraq.To leave now would possibly result in a blood bath for those who have helped us (of course most would be given refuge here just like those who sided with us during the Vietnam War).I wish we could just leave but I regretfully don't think it is possible to do it without collapsing the whole infrastructure of the middle East at this time.JMO. Its a massive mess with no reasonable alternatives and no easy answers.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Iraq War -Should We Stay or Should We Go?

Quote Originally Posted by chloe24
    I know this is a highly emotional topic. However, since ALIPAC has such a diverse group of Americans here (as well as the most intelligent and articulate compared to other forums!), I am truly interested in where you stand on this issue. My friends, family and I are all conflicted about it.

Personally, I think it's time to come home. Besides all the deaths, our economy is going to tank. Did you know the American dollar is now worth less than the Canadian dollar? If this country goes under economically, how will we be able to afford anything? If we can no longer afford funding for the military, how are they going to protect us?

Where do you stand?

Has your position changed since the start of the war? Why?

What are your concerns? Fears?

Any thoughts???
    Bring them all home for Christmas! Bush lied to get us there and they are lying about the surge. Sure it works in one part of the world while another area, Afghanistan falls apart. There is NO winning this middle East War. It's their country's they have to fix it. We are enabling them. we need to do what Ron Paul says, close ALL 700 bases over seas in other countries and put them here on the border or to take care of our own problems, like gangs taking over cities and towns across this country. This country is/has fallen apart. We are broken in spirit and monetarily. We are no example of a powerful nation anymore. Take my money and "fix" America.
    We might need the troops to over throw our own government at this point!

Obviously the idiot failed math........

Oh, AND quit giving our money to Mexico too!!! I don't care if Bush's Mexican daughter-in-law was neighbors with the Mexican President! If Bush likes Mexico so much, he can get a ranch there and leave us true Americans to America. Impeach the bastard for so many things I can't keep up with them all. He's taking this last year to charge forward with so much crap, thinking we won't be able to tackle everything until he's out of office. He might be right....
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeDome
    I agree with chromedome. I think the war was all about "that man tried to have my daddy killed". However, now that we are there, we need to somewhat stabilize the region. I am totally against going into Iran.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast