Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: It's Happening!! Confiscation and Door to Door Compliance Checks

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

jtdc wrote:

They were invented by gun-nuts like you.
    So was America.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    So was America.
    Does that mean we are to be perpetually at war?

The fact was guns were used to free this nation, but that war ended. Guns were common for hunting for food. But the Second Amendment addressed the need then for an armed militia. The Second Amendment did not say unlimited guns for everybody, it was directed to the militia.

Many read it the way I do, that it was about defense of this country, not paranoid individual vigilantes who wanted to overthrow the government.

I have noticed that a lot of people who want guns are the wimps who were beat up on in school and such. They feel the gun makes them a man. And they are the ones who want arsenals and fear government taking their guns away. Is that you?

Guns were used for far more than militias. Guns were used to defend yourself, to defend your family, to defend your property, to hunt for food, to kill animals and predators, to defend others, to kill warring invaders, bandits and marauders, no different then than today. Guns are an essential part of American life, an essential right of the people, and have been since long before this country was founded and we even had a 2nd Amendment, which is why the 2nd Amendment not only acknowledges the right of the people to keep and bear arms, it protects it with the very strong and powerful words "shall not be infringed". Separately for different reasons, the Commerce Clause allows for the regulation of interstate commerce which would include firearms like any product, however even those regulations can not violate the 2nd Amendment and infringe upon the right of a person in the United States to keep (possession) and bear (carry) one or multiple ones.

But it's been an interesting conversation with you to find out what side of this important issue you're on. Disappointing, but still interesting.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It has been somewhat of an education to me. I learned that you will ask my opinion, then you don't respond to the answer I give. Later you will again ask the same question you seem to have ignored before.

Guns were used for far more than militias. Guns were used to defend yourself, to defend your family, to defend your property, to hunt for food, to kill animals and predators, to defend others, to kill warring invaders, bandits and marauders, no different then than today.
    What a revelation! Didn't I just say that when I wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by jtdc
    Guns were common for hunting for food.
    Then you add
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Guns are an essential part of American life
    Say what? What percentage of our society use a gun on a daily basis? Many people go through their whole life without using a gun. This isn't the Wild West. But we are getting there.

an essential right of the people, and have been since long before this country was founded
    Of course we would be just like England where everybody carries a gun, right?

it protects it with the very strong and powerful words "shall not be infringed".
    Words you take out of the context in which they were written so you can distort their meaning.

You're anti-gun, anti-2nd Amendment. There's nothing new about anti-gun people, that's why we have a 2nd Amendment to begin with, to protect our country and people from people like you. the Founders were very smart.

You're anti-gun, anti-2nd Amendment.
    NO THAT'S YOUR LIE TO PUSH YOUR AGENDA!

You have repeatedly ignore my statements before that I am for the right for legal citizens to keep and bear arms for self defense. YOUR LIE IS THAT IF I AM NOT WITH YOU FOR NO RESTRICTIONS, I AM FOR TOTAL GUN BAN, WHICH IS NOT TRUE!

Facts don't support your position so you lie about my position.

There's nothing new about anti-gun people
    Of course! There is little that everybody agrees on. So there is no surprised that there are extremists on both sides of the issue.

that's why we have a 2nd Amendment to begin with, to protect our country and people from people like you.
    "To protect our country", YES!

But I'm not a gun-nut running around threatening people or challenging them to take my gun from my cold, dead fingers!

the Founders were very smart.
    Yes, but there were extremists like you among them. Fortunately the result was a compromise that has proved successful.

You are so desperate that you claim that guns are "essential". You probably sleep with yours. But how did the human race survive before guns were invented?

Pathetic.

Pathetic.
    Yes you are! Completely blank on evidence to support you agenda.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456