Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar

Jessica Alba can't speak spanish???

Could they be any more hypocritical???

Alba’s Spanish inquisition

Jessica Alba can’t speak Spanish, and she’s being criticized for it, says Mimi Valdés Ryan in Latina. The 26-year-old actress is Mexican on her father’s side, but she’s not bilingual. That has prompted some Hispanic commentators to complain that she has neglected her heritage, and she has not been welcome at some Latino-themed events. Alba says the cold shoulder hurts. “I always took pride in being Latina, it’s something I always embraced,â€

Please.....

Living in the USA? Getting benefits and freedoms from here? Speak English or move to Mexico and get a full dose of your "culture".
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I know I should be concerned since this is indicitive of the false sense of heritiage these people try to promote on not only their own, but the rest of society.

However, I have little sympathy for some overpaid, Hollywood Starlet that is being turned against by her own people!

Hollywood in general is one of the biggest opponets to immigration enforcement and I find it amusing that some overpaid millionare is being critized for not being able to speak Spainish. My sympathies are with the American Citizen who is having a difficult time finding a decent job because he isn't bi-lingual!

However, not all is lost as it appears as Jessica is more than willing to make up for the "cultural connection" that was denied her as a child when she goes on to say:

Alba, who is pregnant with her first child, says she wants her kids to have the cultural connection she missed as a child. “I want my kids to speak Spanish. I don’t even want them to learn English for maybe the first two or three years, until preschool
    I'm sure she will have the best, Spanish Tuitors that money can buy to help her child realize this lost "cultural connection."

LOL!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

this "miami vice" culture that seeks parity with ours needs to be exposed, denounced, ridiculed.

I read an article a few years ago where she was interviewed and she stated that she moved around a lot when she was growing up because her father was in the military.

Her father is of Mexican ancestry, but her mother was French/Danish ancestry. Here's the interesting part: she stated that she was bullied in school by the "raza" kids because of her non-Mexican ancestry from her mother. At that time, she was very defiant of these ethnocentric Latinos as she felt that she had been rejected as a child due to being bi-racial. I guess that the bullying she thought she left behind growing up reappeared in the form of bigoted, ethnocentric adult Latinos and so now she is changing her tune. What a future we all have to look forward to.

Why do these people think they are so special? We all have our own ancestral languages and culture. There is NOTHING special about Spanish language or the Latino culture over and above any other ethnic group in this country but they seem to believe that there is.

Why do these people think they are so special? We all have our own ancestral languages and culture. There is NOTHING special about Spanish language or the Latino culture over and above any other ethnic group in this country but they seem to believe that there is.
    Exactly.....it's not like they are a "lost" culture trying to revive a lost art or something. They've always been here and always been a part of this culture. They just don't want to be a part of anything.....they want to dominate it. If their culture was so great and wonderful.....why leave the homeland? If Mexico is the "prime" example of the wonders of their culture....they should be hanging their heads in shame.....not shoving it down our throats.

I have no idea who Jessica is but her grandparents would be ashamed and very disappointed in the way she turned out.

That just shows that not all Latinos speak spanish, nor should they.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Exactly.....it's not like they are a "lost" culture trying to revive a lost art or something. They've always been here and always been a part of this culture. They just don't want to be a part of anything.....they want to dominate it. If their culture was so great and wonderful.....why leave the homeland? If Mexico is the "prime" example of the wonders of their culture....they should be hanging their heads in shame.....not shoving it down our throats.
    Mexico is not a multicultural society as is the case in the United States. Mexico is for the the most part a homogenous society which promotes a strong sense of nationalism in its citizens. One only has to read the Mexican Constitution to get an understanding of how this nationalism is not only promoted, but somewhat denotes all non-Mexicans as second class citizens.

I suspect this is where much of the Hispanic Bravado and a sense of superiority orginates from.