Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AE

Here in Oregon, they finally got their act together on child support. A little late for me and my oldest daughter (she is now 25), but have been seeing some back support and it always helps too.

Here is an example of what the old "ways" of dealing with child support did to single parents such as myself then. I was working full-time, and earning just over $800.00 a month from a salaried position in a large credit union (this was in 198. My rent was just over 400 and then I had electricity, transportation costs and day care, by the time I was done with just those three, there was nothing left for food.

I applied for help, but the worker had told me that I did not qualify by my income. I asked her to explain this. She said that with my income alone, I would have, but the court had ordered child support, so they counted that as part of my income. I told her I had never received that child support, but she insisted they counted it and so I would not qualify for help.

Now finally they have a system that works and does not penalize the child and the mother anymore, but a little too late for me and others like me. It is a shame NC has yet to get where Oregon finally is.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Report: Edwards' Ex-Mistress Held Particular Scorn for Elizabeth Edwards

Monday, August 11, 2008

Elizabeth Edwards has "bad energy," claimed the woman who had an affair with two-time presidential candidate John Edwards, according to Monday's online edition of Newsweek magazine.

Rielle Hunter, the mistress at the center of the political storm around Edwards, held the former North Carolina senator in high regard. However, the party girl-turned-healer-turned-videographer was apparently less generous with her former paramour's wife.

"I've only met her once," Hunter told Newsweek reporter Jonathan Darman in late 2006 during a lunch in which she mistakenly cast him as a friend. "She does not give off good energy. She didn't make eye contact with me."

Weeks later, Hunter was fired from her job documenting Edwards on the campaign trail. She called the reporter to tell him, saying Edwards did not defend her when she was relieved of her $1114,000-plus job. But her scorn for Elizabeth Edwards was evident, blaming her for her misfortune.

"Someday, the truth about her is going to come out," Hunter told Newsweek.

Darman, who first met Hunter in Iowa in July 2006 while she was filming the documentary series for the Web, said the woman described Edwards as an old soul who had barely tapped into his potential, but had the power to be a "transformational leader" on par with Mahatmas Gandhi and Martin Luther King.

"He has the power to change the world," he quoted her as saying.

Hunter's affair with Edwards was busted open last month when he was caught visiting Hunter and her baby at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Hunter gave birth in February 2008 to Frances Quinn Hunter, but no father is listed on the birth certificate. Edwards denies the baby is his and an Edwards aide, Andrew Young, claimed paternity last December. Hunter, her baby, Young, his wife and their three children currently live in Santa Barbara.

While the affair had been alleged by the tabloid papers as early as October 2007, the July 22 visit was confirmed by FOXNews.com days later. Last Friday, Edwards admitted he had had an affair but denied that he went to the hotel to meet Hunter and their alleged love child.

Edwards has said he would take a paternity test to prove he's not the baby's father, but Hunter has said she won't submit her child to a DNA test. A close Edwards ally, attorney Fred Baron, has been paying Hunter a reported $15,000 per month despite the relationship having allegedly ended in late 2006.

Hunter told Newsweek she believed Edwards to be a man fighting between his ego and his desire to serve the world.

In admitting his affair, Edwards told ABC News last week that his "becoming a national public figure" created "a self-focus, an egotism, a narcissism that leads you to believe that — that you can do whatever you want. You're invincible. And there — and there will be no consequences."

In late spring 2007, Darman met with Hunter again, who when asked if she were dating anyone, said, "I'm in love." She would not say with whom, but told Darman, "Maybe someday we'll all be friends."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,401324,00.html

Affair ---baby; child support; that is it; maybe?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Butterbean: both parties have had their scandals. I could find several example for each party if need be.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    The madame who killed herself would probably be a great starting point for both parties; her books still need to be opened.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Go and look at Bush and the beach volley ball player pictures. And just other week post were being made about the President and other women.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-744885.html#744885
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

50% of first marriages end in divorce; 65% of second; 75% of third - why get married the fourth time?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AE
    I gotta ask...........

What is it about these Democrats and extramarital affairs?

Kennedy, Clinton, many more, and now Edwards.......
    They are all "pretty boys" who think it is their exclusive right to have these women as their play things. Never mind how many people they hurt along the way. And the whole thing about it is, their wives forgive them. WHY?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

AE

BB, I simply cannot understand that one. Haven't we married all forgiven our spouses for goofing up and hurting us from time to time (oh say, things said, maybe being treated less than lovingly, and such), but to me the affair would be my breaking point.

I sometimes think for some of these women, they stay with the men for the power it brings (such as with Hillary) and for some, it is afraid of being alone (in other words, lack of self-esteem).
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12