Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just for me..

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Just for me..

Say, how many of you feel as I do on this evacuation from Lebanon issue?

I do not agree that we tax payers have to pay these vacationers way out of Lebanon, then put them up in a hotel somewhere.

Anyone visiting a country that houses Hezbollah, knows there may be problems somewhere along the way.

Heck, I haven't had a vacation since the year O.J. was riding on the L.A. highways with a gun to his head! What year was that? 1994?

And then we see them being interviewed on TV crying around that America was too late, not enough food for them...blah, blah, blah!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

I, personally, agree with you.

Stupidity is it's own reward. And, American citizens or not, stupid is stupid.

Like you, I haven't had a real vacation for eons.

But, in all honesty, living here in Colorado, I can take one/two day trips to various parts and consider myself on vacation.

If these vacationers in Lebanon paid to get there, I would assume they also had a ticket to come home. So, yes, why are we, the taxpayers, paying for this?

Darn good question

You know they had to have a ticket home!

Friends on Fox this morning had several interviewed...they all were complaining....America was too slow to get there......well why didn't they ask their host country to help them out?

Bet they would have gotten a lot of help out of them...yeah, right!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

moosetracks.......since 1994? got you beat........I haven't had a vacation since 1963. No kidding.
    But no, if they are dumb enough to go to places like that, I hate to say it, but they get what they deserve. They know the risks before they leave and go there. We shouldn't have to pay for them "getting caught." They really shouldn't have been there to start with.
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

agreed

something that I am keeping in mind with all of this going on is to try and watch the shell game. You know with our attention diverted this gives the elites cover to pull more wool over our eyes. Keep your eyes on those shells people!!!!!!!!!!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

I disagree somewhat......it's one thing if they were there vacationing like visiting relatives. I felt more I guess for the people in Israel. My sympathy quickly leaves if they have been living there for years......have dual citizenship, etc. and are simply using their American Citizenship as a means to get out of where they chose to live. That's just another reason I'd add to why no dual citizenship.

I'm like you guys.......I can't afford a trip for a vacation...would be nice but I can't even afford local attractions. But I do realize, from desires my parents had, that they had always hoped to see the Holy Land just once. Never made it......but I would hate to think if they were stranded there. I'm sure many had tickets......but you couldn't leave that way and that money would have been spent already on the ticket. For many I'm sure nothing was going on at the time they left and even though the entire area is in turmoil.....it always has been. Again.....my sympathies lie mostly in Israel because I know diddly squat about the rest of the area. It's been right above Mexico on my list of places to visit. But for many.....it's more and if it was a long saved-up for trip.....I'd hope they'd get them out.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

1. ruthiela, you really need to take a vacation!

2. We need to get the US citizens outta there before they start getting snatched for hostages.

3. I believe that people being evacuated should pay the military/US government back for the expenses or at least some portion. I know the military sends out bills for certain services such as bomb dog support. These people should have reasonably known of the risk of where they were going. We can't keep slinging money around like we'll never run out.

My sympathy quickly leaves if they have been living there for years......have dual citizenship, etc. and are simply using their American Citizenship as a means to get out of where they chose to live. That's just another reason I'd add to why no dual citizenship.
    DITTO

We have a huge country, with lots to do. Visit the USA!

On one newscast last night...I believe MSNBC, but I was all over the place...trying to keep Mom from seeing the bombing & hospital pics, yet trying to get a sense of what was happening politically (NEVER THOUGHT I'D BE INTERESTED IN POLITICS~ ), to try to get a sense of how it might affect our issue...I heard that the evacuees were being required to sign a responsibility of payment form.

I'll go see if I can find the story in print. If I do, I'll post it here.

Vacation? What's that?
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Forgot,

Don't have my audio stuff (techie word) for my computer moved yet! Arrrghh. The airlines thought it funny enough that I had a computer (CPU?) surrounded by towels!

Could someone please check and see if this story has the reference to which I was referring above???

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13929959/

2nd box on right side of page...US picks up Lebanon evacuations.

thanks!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast