Kansas Police Shoot Unarmed White Teen 16 times As By Standers Beg Them to Stop Shooting (Video)

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 11:32
(Before It's News)

Day after day police seem to feel using excessive force is the way to protect the communities they serve. Joseph Jennings is the latest example, on Aug 25th Joseph Jennings was brutally shot by police in The Orscheln Farm and Home parking lot on 2008 Princeton St in Ottawa, Kansas. Joseph Jenning’s aunt Brandy Smith and her husband were present. Mr Smith was a arms lenght away when the police threatened to shoot him if he didn’t back off. Brandy Smith told KCTV 5, that her husband backed off and police attention turned back to Jennings, that’s when one officer yelled “Bag Him” and proceeded to shoot.

Ottawa police were called about 7:50 p.m. Saturday to Orscheln Farm and Home at 2008 S. Princeton St. on a report of a person reportedly armed with a gun.

However, the family of deceased 18-year-old Joseph Jennings, said there was no gun. Ottawa Police have not confirmed that Jennings was armed either.

Ottawa Police Chief, Dennis Butler, said the officers did what they were trained to do. ”They reacted based upon the training that they’ve been given from the academy,” Butler said. “We were thankful that no officer was injured from protecting themselves from risk of great bodily harm.”

Jennings was described as a “really good boy” by family members. But he also suffered from depression, anxiety, and had horrible seizures which led to him becoming suicidal.

Two days before being shot 16 times by police, he tried to take his own life. He released the following statement on his Facebook page prior to ingesting 60 pills.
“Tonight is the night goodbye everyone!!!!! It was truly a good ride! And I’m sorry for who I might of hurted (sic) and people that I may of offended, But I love all my family and I hope you don’t hold this against me.”

Coincidentally, the two officers that were involved in the shooting of Jennings were also present when Jennings was taken to Ransom Memorial Hospital to be treated for the overdose, according to Jennings’ aunt, Brandy Smith.

Only 3 hours after leaving the hospital Jennings walked to Orschein Farm & Home. Smith said he was there on a suicide mission and when she saw how officers were handling the situation she immediately tried to intervene. ”I told them it is Joseph Jennings. He is suicidal. He is upset, don’t shoot him,” she said.

My husband was going to tackle him. He was within arms reach. They said to get back or they were going to shoot him, Too” Smith said.

Today in America you are 29 times more likely to be murdered by a cop than a terrorist!

Why all of a sudden is there so much of the same story playing out across cities all over America? When did we submit to living under a police state where our public servants seem to be out side the law? The streets of America are changing, it would appear that life no longer viewed as sacred as it once was. Protect and Serve?

Critical Reads: More News Mainstream Media Chooses To Ignore By Josey Wales, Click Here!

http://beforeitsnews.com/police-stat...o-stop-42.html