Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AE

I started thinking about Mary Jo Kopechne, all the brutally murdered Vietnamese and Cambodians as well as all the murdered babies in this country all due to legislation that Senator Kennedy helped craft. Over the last three decades I have watched as he tore down all the values I try to aspire to. I hope he does not suffer through the last years of his life and the only judgment that really matters for him is the one that will ultimately come from God.
    Bulldogger, I agree with you. Illness can just be illness, and happens to the best, but when someone like Kennedy has been in the position of power that he has, and has used it to punch holes in the fabric of America, we have to feel that his illness is from God and is some sort of punishment. I was taught in church that God, however, rarely uses this kind of judgement while we are here on earth, He reserves it for after and that can potentially (depending on you being redeemed, or not) be the ultimate punishment.

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is, as far as I know, the main and only reason for swift judgement and removal from this earth, used sparingly.

In our finite condition on earth, it is hard not to think that he is being judged in how he has mis-used his privelage and power though.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

I don't wish suffering on anyone . But i also know we are all going to die and death does not excuse our actions . Render unto Ceasar 'or the people' the laws broken on earth, and God will judge the spirit . God sets up kingdoms and takes down kindoms . IMO, the people of the kingdom decide who they will obey, man or God.

Most of my faith is gone, but I am trying to get closer to God again, so this is not preaching, it is just repeating what ' I understand ' the Bible says .

The race card , taking from the labors of one man and giving to another , making victims out of criminals and criminals out of some victims should be punished to fullest extent of the law, so ,imo, Ted should have been tried for treason long ago, not to speak of manslaughter for that woman he left to die .

If life was fair, most of our leaders would be in jail ,not making millions off the destruction of this country . But I think the silence of the people is even greater sin than their acts .

Bulldogger, I agree with you. Illness can just be illness, and happens to the best, but when someone like Kennedy has been in the position of power that he has, and has used it to punch holes in the fabric of America, we have to feel that his illness is from God and is some sort of punishment. I was taught in church that God, however, rarely uses this kind of judgement while we are here on earth, He reserves it for after and that can potentially (depending on you being redeemed, or not) be the ultimate punishment.

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is, as far as I know, the main and only reason for swift judgement and removal from this earth, used sparingly.

In our finite condition on earth, it is hard not to think that he is being judged in how he has mis-used his privelage and power though.]
    This is crazy talk, from good religious people! He's old !!!! PEOPLE EVENTUALLY DIE!!! What the heck kind of religion/church would believe this crap? Wouldn't "God" be judging you now?

His tumor will take him quickly. Where's the "evil" done to him??? My mom suffered for about 4 years with lung cancer and she was a wonderful person. Your theory has holes.

He's been a drunk for most of his life. That catches up with you.

This is what I can't stand about people who've "got" religion. I would expect a person that reads the bible to be kind, BUT, that's just what I think.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

AE

Worried, you apparently were quick to judge what I said yourself, read closer. I said in our FINITE CONDITION here on earth it is hard not to think that he is being punished, meaning that as faulty and limited in our thinking, beyond obviously the scope of God's perfection, that we would tend to believe that Ted is being punished, but we do not adhere to that as we know that as I said in the first paragraph, often more than not, an illness is just and illness, not matter how bad we perceive that person to have been and my, and millions others belief is that the judgement comes directly from God, afterwards.

Instead of jumping to conclusions by skimming over something I have typed, please read the first paragraph carefully. You will see I have not said anything near what you have imagined.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

I read it thoroughly:

"we have to feel that his illness is from God and is some sort of punishment."
    ????? There is no other way to read this.

"I was taught in church that God, however, rarely uses this kind of judgement while we are here on earth"
    "Rarely" is not doesn't, it's occaisionally.

SNIP
    " Blasphemy, the main and only reason for swift judgement and removal from this earth"
    He's around 76 years old! Everyone dies sometime, somehow. How swift is that? No answer needed it's not a real question to you, just my thought.
    I think he's lucky to have held up for so long, considering his weight and drinking ...

I don't like him either but to think God did this as a way to get "back" at him? You don't have to fel sorry for him, I'm not saying that. Be glad he's got a brain tumor, that's not my issue. It's the God did it to him, that I was posting about.
    Dick Morris

I'm thinking God is kicking Ted Kennedy's arse
    When Kennedy crokes it will be a great day for the Americans. Thank God!
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

AE

You can read into that I was making a statement that I believed Kennedy deserved this, but that is not what I said, and you are pulling snipets out and taking it for what you want, I cannot help if you do that. BTW, no I do not believe Kennedy is being "punished", my statement was that it would seem to us (as a whole people tend to think this way at times, although we are wrong in doing so as it is not for us, but for God to decide).

BTW, nice to have you here at ALIPAC, we need people that like to start inner turmoil, it keeps us on our toes (~sarcasm~, and yes, I DID mean it this way this time).

Quote Originally Posted by Americanpatriot
    I'm thinking God is going to kick Ted Kennedy's arse
    When Kennedy crokes it will be a great day for the Americans. Thank God!
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Quote Originally Posted by AE
    You can read into that I was making a statement that I believed Kennedy deserved this, but that is not what I said, and you are pulling snipets out and taking it for what you want, I cannot help if you do that. BTW, no I do not believe Kennedy is being "punished", my statement was that it would seem to us (as a whole people tend to think this way at times, although we are wrong in doing so as it is not for us, but for God to decide).

BTW, nice to have you here at ALIPAC, we need people that like to start inner turmoil, it keeps us on our toes (~sarcasm~, and yes, I DID mean it this way this time).
    Hey, I don't care IF you do say you hope he dies. At least that honestly what you think. That's not what I was talking about. My problem was you insinuating that God did it.
    The snipets were accurate, they are yours that you denied. You said prove it, I proved it, you denied it??? I'm surely not the only one that read what you meant to say. Enuf said.
    Dick Morris

AE

No, I DID not say God did this:
    I was taught in church that God, however, rarely uses this kind of judgement while we are here on earth
    Meaning, I do NOT believe that Kennedy is being punished I said God rarely used it, which does NOT insinuate I presumed He did, only that it has happened.

Like I said, argumentive folks have come and gone on ALIPAC, I have seen it for almost three years now. People come in here with a huge chip on their shoulder, take something out of context and put into what they want to have a reason to argue and stir up trouble.

If you are here to discuss illegal immigration, then why would this so upset you (this has been a side discussion, and you have pulled ONLY my one comment out to pick it apart), although I have clarified to you many times, and you simply want to make nothing more than a huge argument over something you see in just my post?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast