Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Laker's riots in downtown Los Angeles?

Is last night's behavior what you get from the children of a bunch of illegal aliens? They grow up with no sense of "this is my country" "my town" "my home" to be protected and taken care of...
    Instead any big event like the Lakers winning is just an excuse to act like animals and destroy things. You'd think they'd be a little embarrassed.

It's been found that this kind of behavior following sporting events has been found to have little to do with either actually celebrating a win or being unhappy about a loss.

Instead, it's more the manifestation of underlying social stresses, ills, and issues and the win, or loss, of the event is just the catalyst and justification.

In other words, what happened there was just indiciative of the anger, rage, resentment, hatred, etc. which is just bubbling under the surface and being barely contained.

"Celebrating" the win is just the excuse just as it would've been had they lost. And, if it hadn't been over the game, it would've been over something else.

And that's the scary part.....we're going to start seeing a lot of "something elses" touching off this kind of violence.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Should I be surprised that when I searched for stories on this the top results came back from the BBC and not the US media?

Tuesday, 20 June, 2000, 09:48 GMT 10:48 UK

Riots after Lakers win NBA title

Fans torched cars as they ran amok

Basketball fans celebrating the Los Angeles Lakers' first NBA title for 12 years went on the rampage, destroying vehicles, smashing windows and throwing missiles at police.

Twelve people were injured as some of the 10,000 fans who had gathered outside the Staples Centre arena in anticipation of a Lakers' win started rioting.

Two police cars were set on fire and two other vehicles wrecked as the revellers smashed windows, started bonfires and threw rocks and bottles at police.

The violence overshadowed the Lakers' 116-111 win over the Indiana Pacers to claim the NBA championship 4-2.

No arrests

Police said they had made no arrests after three hours of violence as fans were herded away from the Staples Centre.

Fans inside the stadium were kept inside as a precaution and the Pacers' team bus was not allowed to leave until two-and-a-half hours after game had ended.

Similar riots have also occurred recently in Denver and Chicago after football and basketball victories.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/sport/798383.stm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

For your viewing pleasure.....some photos of obama's "new Americans" demonstrating the superior values and ethics, rich cultural traidtions, and positive social and economic impact upon our society that they contribute

Everyone break stuff, flick your Bics and say "Chesse"!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath

...In other words, what happened there was just indiciative of the anger, rage, resentment, hatred, etc. which is just bubbling under the surface and being barely contained.
    I'm angry and resentful too... but I don't go around destroying other people's property. These people are just animals.

Quote Originally Posted by savecalifornia

...In other words, what happened there was just indiciative of the anger, rage, resentment, hatred, etc. which is just bubbling under the surface and being barely contained.
    I'm angry and resentful too... but I don't go around destroying other people's property. These people are just animals.

Oh, I definitely agree.....they are animals.

God knows I wasn't excusing the behavior, or justifying it either......just, rather, pointing out that if this is what that particular population is doing under the guise of being "happy", it should most definitely be considered a cause for concern in terms of the type of the violence they are capable of when they decide to finally grind their individual and collective axes.

And, I hate to say it, but I seriously think we're kidding ourselves if we think it's not going to eventually happen because it will and I think it's really gotten to an especially dangerous point in CA right now.

I would say that it's pretty fortunate that this didn't turn out much worse than it was actually.

God knows I wasn't excusing the behavior, or justifying it either......just, rather, pointing out that if this is what that particular population is doing under the guise of being "happy", it should most definitely be considered a cause for concern in terms of the type of the violence they are capable of when they decide to finally grind their individual and collective axes.

And, I hate to say it, but I seriously think we're kidding ourselves if we think it's not going to eventually happen because it will and I think it's really gotten to an especially dangerous point in CA right now.

I would say that it's pretty fortunate that this didn't turn out much worse than it was actually.
    Absolutely. You could not pay me enough to be near downtown LA on Wednesday during the "victory parade" Some people have been wondering why the route has the parade starting at the Laker's home court the Staples Center and ending at the coliseum. I think it's no accident at all. The Staples Center doesn't want a "rally" of a hundred thousand rowdy destructive people descending on them. Let them have their big finish in the crappier part of town.

Absolutely. You could not pay me enough to be near downtown LA on Wednesday during the "victory parade" Some people have been wondering why the route has the parade starting at the Laker's home court the Staples Center and ending at the coliseum. I think it's no accident at all. The Staples Center doesn't want a "rally" of a hundred thousand rowdy destructive people descending on them. Let them have their big finish in the crappier part of town.

LOL....yes, I read about the "victory celebration" Villaraigosa was busy planning it even as all of this was going on and escalating while he and Bratton were denying that a riot was even taking place.

They chose to call it an "unlawful gathering" and claimed that it was never, at any point, out of control

I don't blame you for steering clear, nor do I blame Staples Center for wanting to keep these people heading in the opposite direction.

There was a piece I read earlier.....an Inquisitor staffer was posting live, play-by-play coverage in the UK via Twitter and live video feeds from news choppers over LA and at one point the fire department was sent to Staples Center because it evidently had a fire going there which had been set.

Of course, no confirmation of that was provided by Mr. Mayor or LapDog Bratton

So, do we think that Tony the Weasel will now be demanding federal disaster relief because his illegal aliens and anchors tore up his kingdom?

MW
    savecalifornia wrote:

Is last night's behavior what you get from the children of a bunch of illegal aliens?
    What evidence do you have that identifies those involved as the children of illegal aliens?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast