Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Las Vegas Publisher Stands By Claim That Reid Threatened Emp

Las Vegas Publisher Stands By Claim That Reid Threatened Employee

FOXNews.com
    Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Las Vegas Review-Journal publisher Sherman Frederick first accused Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of "bullying" in a column Sunday, claiming Reid told an employee he wants the paper shut down.

The publisher of the Las Vegas Review-Journal on Tuesday stood by his claim that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid threatened one of the newspaper's employees, after Reid's office claimed the alleged threat was meant as a joke.

Publisher Sherman Frederick first accused Reid of "bullying" in a column Sunday. He said Reid told his paper's ad director, "I hope you go out of business," at a local Chamber of Commerce luncheon a few days earlier.

After the column generated a lot of controversy and attention, Reid spokesman Jon Summers claimed the newspaper misinterpreted the remark.

"Clearly he wasn't serious," he said. "Once again, the editors at the Review-Journal got it wrong."

But Frederick told FOX News that Reid's trademark dry wit was not at play here.

"We were there. We heard it. He was mad," he said. "No matter what angle we look at it, it's pretty darn ugly."

An article in the Review-Journal Tuesday said the original column generated thousands of reader comments and dozens of letters. Frederick told FOX News, though, that his complaint about Reid was in no way a publicity stunt.

"We're not making this up. We're worried. I mean, Senator Reid is not just any U.S. senator," he said. "The only way I know to deal with a bully is to not necessarily beat him up but just to simply stand up to him and shine the light of day on him. And it's my only defense."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09 ... latestnews

Mafia scum & Islamocommie must go!

Reid: I was only joking.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0809/26653.html

Harry's just a joke-loving guy who even sees the silver lining in a colleague's death

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09 ... re-debate/

Reid: Kennedy's Death Is 'Going to Help Us' in Health Care Debate

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid gives an unusually blunt assessment of the impact Sen. Edward Kennedy's death will have on the health care debate.

It's no secret that lawmakers on both sides of the aisle have been gauging how Sen. Edward Kennedy's death affects the health care debate.

But Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid gave an unusually blunt assessment in an interview with a local newspaper.

"I think it's going to help us," the Nevada Democrat told the Reno Gazette-Journal.

Democrats generally have used Kennedy's death as a rallying cry for health care reform, urging their colleagues to push through legislation that was Kennedy's life work. Republicans and Democrats have tried to shape the health care debate by speculating on how Kennedy would have wanted it handled.

But, aside from Reid, they've steered clear of saying outright whether Kennedy's death puts them up or down.

Reid made his comments Friday, the day before Kennedy was buried. He offered two reasons for the assessement. One, Kennedy's death clears the way for a new chairman on the Senate health committee. Two, Kennedy serves as an inspiration.

"He hasn't been around for some time. We're going to have a new chairman of that committee. It'll be, I don't know for sure, but I think Sen. (Chris) Dodd," Reid told the news paper. "He has a right to take it. Either him or (U.S. Sen. Tom) Harkin, whichever one wants it can have it. I think he (Kennedy) will be a help. He's an inspiration for us. That was the issue of his life and he didn't get it done."

Unfortunately for Reid, Kennedy's death also deprived Democrats of a 60-vote, filibuster-proof majority. It's a problem Democrats are trying to fix, by pushing for an interim appointment before Massachusetts voters choose Kennedy's successor in a special election, set for January.

Reid also told the Gazette-Journal that the August recess, which was marked by town hall meetings where constituents fumed about the legislation, ultimately would help the health care reform push.

"For one thing I think the American people have seen the wrongness of trying to interrupt meetings and yell and scream at people. That's lost a lot of its pizzazz," Reid said.

Reid hired a video guy to track the Tea Party Express buses as they make stops around Nevada.

http://teapartyexpress.wordpress.com/20 ... y-express/

[quote]When the Tea Party Express rolled into Winnemucca, NV on our 2nd day of our national tour we saw a young man in the crowd sitting on the ground with a video camera rolling. Our communications director, Levi Russell, greeted the man and inquired to find out if he was with a media outlet (and if so to invite him to travel along on one of our buses to cover the tour).
    The individual identified himself as being an aide/representative of Sen. Harry Reid, and politely declined the offer to travel on board the “Tea Party Expressâ€

Reid needs to be put out of business - vote the scum out.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "