Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Let's all do this!

Let's all do this!

In our current economic situation, every little thing we buy or do affects someone else and perhaps even their job. So, after reading this email, I think this lady is on the right track. Let's get behind her!!

My grandson likes Hershey's candy. It is marked made in Mexico now. I do not buy it any more. My favorite toothpaste Colgate is made in Mexico now. I have switched to Crest. You have to read the labels on everything.

This past weekend I was at Kroger. I needed 60W light bulbs and Bounce dryer sheets. I was in the light bulb aisle and right next to the GE brand I normally buy was an off brand labeled, "Everyday Value." I picked up both types of bulbs and compared the stats - they were the same except for the price. The GE bulbs were more money than the Everyday Value brand but the thing that surprised me the most was the fact that GE was made in MEXICO and the Everyday Value brand was made in - get ready for this - the USA in a company in Cleveland , Ohio .

So throw out the myth that you cannot find products you use every day that are made right here.

So on to another aisle - Bounce Dryer Sheets....yep, you guessed it, Bounce cost more money and is made in Canada . The Everyday Value brand was less money and MADE IN THE USA! I did laundry yesterday and the dryer sheets performed just like the Bounce Free I have been using for years and at almost half the price!

So my challenge to you is to start reading the labels when you shop for everyday things and see what you can find that is made in the USA - the job you save may be your own or your neighbors!

If you accept the challenge, pass this on to others in your address book so we can all start buying American, one light bulb at a time! Stop buying from China, etc.

(We should have awakened to this a decade ago......)

Let's get with the program.. Everyone help our fellow Americans keep their jobs and create more jobs here in the U.S.A. !!!

AE

It's a good reminder to keep looking at labels. Lately, we have been seeing seedless watermelons that are labeled "product of Mexico". I was used to seeing ones that said "California" and am wondering why none on the shelves from California anymore?

When the season is upon us up here, we buy local ones, from Hermiston, Oregon, the best I think, but after the first one from Mexico, and wondering why we did it, we decided not to buy one again.

What is hard, is to convince ENOUGH people to boycott non-American products. People are so used to having stuff they want, at a cheap price and also year around, that getting them to do it, is sort of difficult. As for people here at ALIPAC, yes, many do all they can to buy all American.

I would certainly encourage us all to pass along this email to remind people that many budget friendly products, also might be U.S., or locally made....good for us all.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

You go your way I will go mine.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes, I will definitely start paying closer attention. I've been boycotting spending in general but for necessities such as these, I will definitely start checking the labels for made in the USA.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Except, when you do like I did and bought a fan.....in big bold letters on the box it said "Made in the USA".......till I got it home and opened the box, and stamped in the metal on the fan......"made in China".

So the fan must have been made in China, and packaged and boxed in the US? Needless to say it ticked me off.

Some of the food marked in the store I go to....says product of Mexico, US and/or Canada. I remember with the tomato scare, they had to admit the companies mixed them together when they sold them. I've seen the multi-labeling to where YOU don't know exactly where they came from....hopefully they have some other method to track it, but then again maybe not. Can't sue or specifically hold anyone responsible.

It's a good reminder to keep looking at labels. Lately, we have been seeing seedless watermelons that are labeled "product of Mexico". I was used to seeing ones that said "California" and am wondering why none on the shelves from California anymore?
    I saw on TV where Florida tomato growers were plowing their crops under, because we were getting so many tomatos from Mexico that it cost too much to bother to grow them. Our costs and restrictions basicly put them out of competition......maybe the same thing is happening with the watermelon.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Except, when you do like I did and bought a fan.....in big bold letters on the box it said "Made in the USA".......till I got it home and opened the box, and stamped in the metal on the fan......"made in China".

So the fan must have been made in China, and packaged and boxed in the US? Needless to say it ticked me off.

Some of the food marked in the store I go to....says product of Mexico, US and/or Canada. I remember with the tomato scare, they had to admit the companies mixed them together when they sold them. I've seen the multi-labeling to where YOU don't know exactly where they came from....hopefully they have some other method to track it, but then again maybe not. Can't sue or specifically hold anyone responsible.

I saw on TV where Florida tomato growers were plowing their crops under, because we were getting so many tomatos from Mexico that it cost too much to bother to grow them. Our costs and restrictions basicly put them out of competition......maybe the same thing is happening with the watermelon.
    Could be. Free Trade Sucks, always has, always will. Founders knew it, Republicans knew it, everyone with 2 live brain cells connected and a whit of concern for the economic viability of the American People knows it. Hopefully the rest will wake up soon enough.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thank you for posting this American-ized. I knew that Hersey was made in Mexico now and I dont buy it anymore. It makes me laugh whenever I see Glen Beck eating M&M's on his show and I wonder if he knows where they come from.

I have seen lots of produce marked "product of Mexico" and I wont buy it no matter how good it looks. I didnt know GE lightbulbs were made in Mexico. IT PAYS TO READ THE LABEL.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I won't buy Chinese products BUT also won't buy GE ones as well. The CEO's an ass!

AE

It has become very frustrating to go grocery shopping and find almost all of the more affordable products being made elsewhere. When you are on a tight budget, it can be a tough choice to buy the more expensive product, but at this point in my life, I'd rather give that money to American farmers and American workers.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

The thing I worry about is that even American-made food products have ingredients from all over the world. Even now the majority of our vitamin C comes from China, and while it may say "product of USA", where did all the ingredients come from--especially in the case of chocolate. (I buy Endangered Species Chocolate for my elderly mom and the grandkids at the local health food store. A part of the price goes to helping sustainable organic farming and contributing to wildlife funds.)
    Reading the outside of boxes gives few clues, as one small humidifier I bought said nothing more than "printed in America." Cool, we still can print things in America.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast