Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Levi Strauss closes last two U.S. plants

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member 6 Million Dollar Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Exactly. So the talking points from the EU about putting tariffs on Levis is a false narrative because Levis aren't even made in the US to begin with, not a one of 'em. The other false talking point is from the free traders who claim tariffs will raise prices, Levis prices are higher since they went to cheapo Mexico than they were when they were made by well-paid Americans in the US. Globalists are liars, tricksters, fools and idiots.
    I didn't even think of that Judy. That's right, these black-mailers are threatening to not buy Levis, but Levis aren't even made here anymore. Good, let the traitor Levis take this hit for being traitors.

And yeah, the price for Levis is outrageous. And this blows the theory out of the water that making our goods overseas will lower prices. Bulls**t! How come Levis prices haven't gone down, but rather just keep getting more expensive? I hope Levis takes an enormous hit for leaving the U.S. And we need to boycott traitor companies who leave the U.S. I am never buying Levis ever again after knowing that they moved out of the country. I am looking at American jean companies to support by giving them my business. And there's plenty of them. I just posted 2 links to 2 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Oops, made that response prior to reading the entire thread. Just got to your first post and responded 6 million dollar man. Sorry, guess I should have read the entire thread before responding.
    No problem bud. You can make it up to me by stopping to buy jeans made outside of the U.S., like Wrangles and Levis, and start buying American made jeans.

MW
    6 million dollar man (excerpt):

Here's one site:

https://www.allamericanclothing.com/...usa/jeans.html

Here's another one:

http://www.texasjeans.com/made-in-the-usa.cfm

If you google "American made jeans", you'll find a bunch.
    Unfortunately I'm one of those tweener guys that has to try on his pants before he buys them (between 34" and 36" waist). So the pants have to be offered in my area. Furthermore, considering the price we pay for pants these days, I wouldn't buy a pair online unless I was familiar with the brand and how it fit. I'd much rather buy American, but they've got to be sold locally and offer the fit I'm looking for.

You go ahead and purchase me a pair of those 'made exclusively in the U.S.' jeans and I'll let you know if they work for me. If they work, I'll send you the money for them, if not, I'll just throw them in the trash and we'll both be losers ..... one more than the other.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by 6 Million Dollar Man View Post
    No problem bud. You can make it up to me by stopping to buy jeans made outside of the U.S., like Wrangles and Levis, and start buying American made jeans.
    I believe Wrangler does still have some manufacturing here in the United States. Perhaps the ones I've bought were actually made here. Seriously though, I understand where you're coming from and agree that we should buy American whenever possible.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

6 million dollar man (excerpt):

Unfortunately I'm one of those tweener guys that has to try on his pants before he buys them (between 34" and 36" waist). So the pants have to be offered in my area. Furthermore, considering the price we pay for pants these days, I wouldn't buy a pair online unless I was familiar with the brand and how it fit. I'd much rather buy American, but they've got to be sold locally and offer the fit I'm looking for.

You go ahead and purchase me a pair of those 'made exclusively in the U.S.' jeans and I'll let you know if they work for me. If they work, I'll send you the money for them, if not, I'll just throw them in the trash and we'll both be losers ..... one more than the other.
    Maybe you can email them and either ask them to provide stores in you area with their jeans, or you can ask them if they can send you a sample pair.

Also, ask clothing stores in your area which jeans they have that are American made. And if you really want to get ornery with them, tell them that you will be taking your business elsewhere until they stock American made apparel.

I'm just throwing a couple ideas out there, but I think we need to start a movement to get everybody to only buy American-made products. I'm getting really sick and tired of not seeing the "Made in U.S." label on hardly anything anymore.

I believe Wrangler does still have some manufacturing here in the United States. Perhaps the ones I've bought were actually made here. Seriously though, I understand where you're coming from and agree that we should buy American whenever possible.
    See, I did the same thing too. I posted my last post before reading your last post. Ok, deal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12