Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lou Dobbs Takes Free-Trade Attack to Capitol Hill

Lou Dobbs Takes Free-Trade Attack to Capitol Hill
    Deborah Solomon reports on the free-trade debate.

Lou Dobbs hasn’t been shy about voicing his opinion that free trade comes with “exorbitant” costs and hurts American workers. He’s written two books and talks regularly about the “war” on the middle class.

Dobbs
    This week, members of Congress will get to hear his riff on free trade when Dobbs, anchor and managing editor of CNN’s Lou Dobbs Tonight, testifies Wednesday before a House subcommittee on Trade, Foreign Policy and the American Worker. The committee will also hear from a host of union groups — most of whom are generally critical of free trade — as well as Carla Hills, U.S. Trade Representative in the George H.W. Bush administration.

The hearing comes as Congress is in the midst of a debate over whether to extend President Bush’s authority to negotiate trade deals that Congress can accept or reject but not amend. Many Democrats campaigned in 2006 using antitrade rhetoric, arguing it leads to job loss and stagnant wages, and are skeptical about extending Bush’s authority without beefing up programs to aid workers hurt by trade. Chairing the hearing will be California Rep. Brad Sherman who has referred to U.S. trade policies as “disastrous.”

Readers: Do you mostly agree or disagree

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2007/03/2 ... itol-hill/

You can comment on this at the above link.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Many Democrats campaigned in 2006 using antitrade rhetoric, arguing it leads to job loss and stagnant wages, and are skeptical about extending Bush’s authority without beefing up programs to aid workers hurt by trade.
    I'm not a Dem and it is not Rhetoric. These trade deals have all but destroyed our manufacturing base, something we need to be a self reliable self sustaining country. If NAFTA and CAFTA had been in place during WWII, we'd all be speaking Japanese right now.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

And these blowhards haven't lifted a finger to do anything about it.
    The most they do AFTER VOTING FOR THIS CRAP is to blow tons of hot air.

Just how stupid do they really believe Americans are?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I left my opinion...

It’s no surprise to see the majority of opinions on this blog running against Lou Dobbs. I’d bet dollars to doughnuts that NONE of you ‘Free traders’ has EVER worked in the manufacturing sector. Odds are you don’t even have DISTANT relatives who actually sweat for a living. Your sanctimonious attitudes about American workers and work ethic make me ill.

Merchants, we were warned about your ilk by our Founding Fathers. It’s time that warning was heeded.
    Comment by Jeff H. - March 28, 2007 at 8:29 am

Good comments PinestrawGuys. I don't see you comment up yet, but your right, most of these comments are from NAU supporters I bet. They don't seem too interested in keeping their fellow American's jobs.

The ones that are concerned for the poor of other countries should be concerned for their OWN COUNTRYMEN!

Do they think our poor or SOON TO BE POOR are insignificant?!

We have to keep our manufacturing here in the US. We must be self-reliant in manufacturing as well as energy self-reliant.

These bloggers only care for themselves not their country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)