Marine banned from wearing uniform at graduation killed in Afghanistan

Posted by Rottdawg on Jun 21, 2014

May god rest your soul Lance Cpl. Brandon Garabrant… for the people that made the decision to not let this proud marine wear his uniform, I hope you are tormented all the remaining days of your life.
Story form CBS Boston:
A Marine from New Hampshire has been killed in Afghanistan.
Lance Cpl. Brandon Garabrant, 19, was one of three U.S. service members killed by a roadside bomb Friday morning.

“The entire State of New Hampshire is devastated by the tragic loss of Lance Corporal Brandon Garabrant, who was bravely serving his nation in Afghanistan,” Governor Maggie Hassan said in a statement. “Our service men and women courageously sacrifice every day to protect their fellow citizens and defend the enduring value of freedom that is our very core, and in doing so, Lance Corporal Garabrant made the ultimate sacrifice.”
Garabrant graduated from ConVal Regional High School in Peterborough last year. He had requested to wear his uniform during graduation, but the school did not allow it.
The school has released a statement reacting to Garabrant’s death.
“On behalf of the entire ConVal community I extend my deepest sympathy to Brandon’s family and friends,” Principal Brian Pickering said. “We are all shocked and deeply saddened by his passing and we are incredibly grateful for his service to our country.”
Garabrant was also a volunteer firefighter in Temple, New Hampshire.

Read more at http://joeforamerica.com/2014/06/sol...yEQirFrJfwt.99