Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: McCain - he's a PHONY "hero"!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shotgun
    I know in a politically correct world he's 'all that'.... but here's the facts:
    1)McCain LOST/got shot down in 3 FIGHTER JETS!!!!
    2)He got captured!!!
    3) He's the pilot that "accidentally" almost sank OUR OWN Aircraft Carrier when he was preparing for take off and accidentally fired his under-wing missles and toasted a bunch of jets,,, killed scores of sailors onboard & literally almost sank the carrier!!!
    I dont want this guy anywhere near the Commander-in-Chief --- let alone BEING the C-I-C!!!!
    Look at him,,, he an angry, emotionally crippled wack job!!! He deserves our sympathy --- not our vote - even if by proxy via R. Paul or Huckster!!!

Yeah, i love R. paul,,, but--- GET WITH ROMNEY -- or pay the piper for 8 years or more. We can get Paul a position w. Romney --- and who knows....
    I will defend him to a degree. He was shot down, injured, and received above average treatment.

He NEVER should have been allowed to fly a plane. His father, and Admiral at the time, obviousy pulled some strings for the cadet who had too many accidents.

His accident on the Forestal was not his fault. As alluded to in your comments. Yes, it was his plane that erupted and caused a serious loss of life, but he was not the one to accidently fire the missile which caused all of the problems. My issue with the Forestal is the McCain did NOTHING to help prevent further damage. I was in the Navy and saw that footage at least 50 times. Having no clue about McCain's aircraft being a part of this. Regardless, McCain did NOTHING to help during this situation. It was an all hands situation. For that, I have no respect for the constipated man.

He was a privileged prisoner of war. No doubt. He also is one of two Senators who have caused a lot of problems for the Korean and Viet Nam vets in their quest for truth. The other Senator was John Kerry.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

MW
    ArticleIV wrote:

My issue with the Forestal is the McCain did NOTHING to help prevent further damage. I was in the Navy and saw that footage at least 50 times. Having no clue about McCain's aircraft being a part of this. Regardless, McCain did NOTHING to help during this situation. It was an all hands situation. For that, I have no respect for the constipated man.
    How exactly do you know what he did and didn't do during the disaster? I'm sure there were around 3,000 sailors on board. It's my understanding everyone was involved in someway. Basically, there was no where to hide. You're right, it was an all hands effort. With that said, what exactly are you accusing McCain of doing or not doing? He certainly didn't go to his stateroom to hide. All compartments below the flight deck were full of smoke. I find it difficult to believe he stood around with his hands clasped behind his back while the rest of his shipmates were fighting for their very lives. That just doesn't make logical sense.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    ArticleIV wrote:

My issue with the Forestal is the McCain did NOTHING to help prevent further damage. I was in the Navy and saw that footage at least 50 times. Having no clue about McCain's aircraft being a part of this. Regardless, McCain did NOTHING to help during this situation. It was an all hands situation. For that, I have no respect for the constipated man.
    How exactly do you know what he did and didn't do during the disaster? I'm sure there were around 3,000 sailors on board. It's my understanding everyone was involved in someway. Basically, there was no where to hide. You're right, it was an all hands effort. With that said, what exactly are you accusing McCain of doing or not doing? He certainly didn't go to his stateroom to hide. All compartments below the flight deck were full of smoke. I find it difficult to believe he stood around with his hands clasped behind his back while the rest of his shipmates were fighting for their very lives. That just doesn't make logical sense.
    Hey MW..I wasn't there so bear with me a moment. I had seen the footage more than enough times. An aircraft carrier at that time carried just over 5000 people. Among those people there was a flight deck crew and a fire crew. I would say only about 500 people took after the fires and explosions. All of those close to the incident died. They died. But not McCain. His plane, and yet he had nothing happen to him?

It was an article (I believe Newsweek) that McCain talked about his escape from his plane. A pilot who had drugs in his berthing was the one to launch the missile into McCains plane. McCain barely escaped (according to McCain).

Every inch of the footage I saw had enlisted people fighting, retreating, and fighting again against the raging ship.

After my time in the Navy, a few wars, onboard issues, etc. I can feel comfortable saying that I do not believe McCain helped. I have seen plenty of people cowar in times of stress and do believe that McCain is one of these people. He was the one and only person that was in the middle of the explosions and if you could see how everyone who ran to the incident got blown away, there is no doubt McCain fled.

I would also like to add that he was a total a@@ about getting any legislation through for AGENT ORANGE, DEPLETED URANIUM, MIA, POW, etc. He blocked all of it. Sound like a good shipmate?

And how come he was not Court Martialed for his aiding and abetting of the enemy? After his propoganda tapes? Or his interview with the French reporter? Many enlisted and officers paid for a lot less. If I read the Geneva Conventions correctly, McCain is a traitor and should be treated thusly.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Quote Originally Posted by ArticleIV
    [
    It was an article (I believe Newsweek) that McCain talked about his escape from his plane. A pilot who had drugs in his berthing was the one to launch the missile into McCains plane. McCain barely escaped (according to McCain).
    The History Channel ran an episode of this incident and they interviewed McCain. The missile from the other plane hit the drop tank under McCain plane and it exploded, spreading flaming jet fuel on the deck. McCain climbed out of his cockpit, walked along the nose and then the refueling probe that sticks out past the nose and then jumped down onto the deck and ran away from the flames. It is all on the flight deck video.

Of course right away McCain's plane and others start to catch fire, not long afterwards bombs start to go off.

What I don't understand is how the missile went off in the first place, there is supposed to be a safety pin preventing accidental launching. The pin is removed just before takeoff.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    ArticleIV wrote:

An aircraft carrier at that time carried just over 5000 people.
    Aircraft carriers still carry around 5,000, however, I believe that includes airwing detachment personnel, marines, LCU (marine transports) crews, etc. Ship company is normally around 3,000. Honestly, I'm not sure of how many were on board at the time. Therefore, we'll say anywhere from 3 to 5 thousand.

I would say only about 500 people took after the fires and explosions. All of those close to the incident died. They died. But not McCain. His plane, and yet he had nothing happen to him?
    Yeah, but that doesn't mean McCain was a coward and sought out a place to hide. Not everyone died in the fire parties either. Do you recall the CPO that attempted to save the pilot of a burning aircraft with a fire extinguisher? Now that was an heroic act (unfortunately he was blown up along with the pilot). My point is, unless you were there I doubt you would have any knowledge of how the various individual airwing pilots reacted to the fire. McCain was fortunate to survive, but so were a lot of other folks. I would hesitate to brand any of the survivors as cowards. I too have seen the USS Forest Fire (CV-59) film.

The flight deck damage control team personnel have personal responsibility for mishaps on the flight deck. They have been specifically trained to fight fires and deal with mishaps on the flight deck. I seriously doubt McCain had serious training in this area. The disaster was compounded by a lot of mistakes, one of which was the involvement of personnel who had no business attempting to help. While their motives were pure, their actions actually made matters worse. That was one of the many mistakes that was brought to light on the film.

Believe me, I'm sure I personally despise McCain as much, if not more, than you do. However, IMO, attacking his military service is not the way to go, especially when using the argument that he didn't serve his country well because he survived the USS Forestall (CV-59) disaster and the Hanoi Hilton.

I have seen plenty of people cowar in times of stress and do believe that McCain is one of these people.
    Anyone that takes off of and lands on a flight deck is not someone who would typically cowar in the face of danger. It takes a special breed of person to do that job. It is considered one of the most dangerous jobs in the military. Now, you could argue that the stress McCain experienced as a POW has somehow altered his thinking and ability to manage our country as President of the United States.

McCain has a lot of problems and issues, however, nothing good can come from attacking his military service. The mans actions as a US Senator has proven time and time again that he is not fit to serve his country in the political arena. Let's just leave it at that.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12