Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    I think if Thompson gets out before Florida, that's good for us as it will mean less splitting of the conservative vote.
    Agreed.

Paul & Thompson

Although, I don't believe Ron Paul would throw his support behind anyone if he pulled out, I do believe Thompson will.

Latest on Thompson:

January 19, 2008

(CNN) — After a weak showing in the South Carolina primary, Fred Thompson gave a wistful speech to supporters, telling them "we'll always stand strong together."

Thompson had staked his campaign on a strong finish in the Republican primary here.

While he remains in the race, two sources told CNN that "it was abundantly evident to all of us" that the bar was a win or a very competitive second place in South Carolina to continue to be viable in the GOP presidential race.

Thompson has no public schedule Sunday, and is planning to consult with campaign manager Bill Lacy and other top advisers about the next move.

"We are not blind to the obvious," said one senior campaign adviser.

But, given the muddled course of the Republican race so far, both aides said Thompson and his advisers wanted to watch the results come in tonight before making a final decision.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... e-for-now/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne
    Only because his closest friend Thompson pulled Huckleberry's votes. Those two are so close that the McCain's spent the week with Thompson on his honeymoon.

This thing is so set up and rigged !!! Thompson can pull the evangelical vote from Huckleberry, while McCain works on the veterans and business owners that hire illegals. A vote against Huckleberry is a vote for McCain.

See what Karl Rove can do for a campaign? Rove is a brilliant manipulator. I just wish he was on the side of America.
    I think you hit the nail on the head as to why McCain won. I was thinking the same thing all evening as I watched the returns. I have no doubt that Thompson will endorse McCain.

97% reporting

JM 33
    MH 30
    FT 16
    MR 15
    RP 4
    RG 2
    DH 0
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    The plain facts are that Romney still has more than double
    McCain in delegates who is now in second

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primar ... orecard/#R

Will the waning economy pull McCain forward even more? Exit polls showing economy and immigration concerns of the voters.

Ephesians 4:32
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    Will the waning economy pull McCain forward even more? Exit polls showing economy and immigration concerns of the voters.

Ephesians 4:32
    In closed election states where indys can't vote in repub races
    McCain won't even see the light of day just on the illegal
    immigration issue

I think McCain is reading a teleprompter!!!

Another legitimate issue which can and should be raised (and has not) is McCain's age. Would he be able to handle the rigors of the presidency? The MSM has largely ignored this, but this question should be asked and we should know the results of a recent physical.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast