Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Members of Tennessee Senate Judiciary Committee Have Been Informed of the Corruption

Members of Tennessee Senate Judiciary Committee Have Been Informed of the Corruption

NOW WHAT WILL THEY DO?

The Tennessee General Assembly meets at the State Capitol in Nashville

Sent:Wed 12/21/11 10:51 AM

To: sen.stacey.campfield@capitol.tn.gov

Cc: sen.ophelia.ford@capitol.tn.gov; sen.brian.kelsey@capitol.tn.gov; sen.beverly.marrero@capitol.tn.gov; sen.ken.yager@capitol.tn.gov; Mae Beavers (sen.mae.beavers@capitol.tn.gov); sen.doug.overbey@capitol.tn.gov; sen.mike.bell@capitol.tn.gov; sen.tim.barnes@capitol.tn.gov

Subj: JUDICIAL CORRUPTION IN MONROE COUNTY‏

I am editor of the electronic newspaper The Post & Email (www.thepostemail.com) and have been actively investigating judicial and law enforcement corruption in your state for the last two years. I have contacted some of you by phone already.

There is smoking-gun evidence on my desk which demonstrates, without a doubt, the corruption of the judges, court personnel and sheriff’s department in Monroe and McMinn Counties. These are all federally-prosecutable offenses for deprivation of civil rights (Title 42) as well as violations of the TCA. I am contacting all of the members of the TN House Judiciary Committee and Senate Judiciary Committee to find out if any of you are willing to take action against the corruption.

I have already gone to the TBI and Knoxville FBI, but they have provided absolutely no response. District Attorney General Steve Bebb’s office does not return calls. I have also given the TBI credible information about the murder of Jim Miller in Madisonville on July 17, 2010, and no one has ever contacted the source or me about it and instead continue to prosecute someone who is likely innocent of the crime. The corruption is so deep that I am convinced it will take a federal prosecutor who is unafraid of the criminals to bring those responsible to account. I am determined to find that federal prosecutor if the Tennessee General Assembly does not act.

The hand-picking of grand juries and trial juries has resulted in scores, if not hundreds, of your citizens sitting in jails and state penitentiaries today who were denied their constitutional due process rights to a trial by an impartial jury. Moreover, their charges arose from tainted grand juries and were therefore illegitimate on their face. Their cases must all be retried.

I have reported the corruption to two local television stations which have done nothing. I have also called the governor and attorney general on multiple occasions, but they do not even respond. As public servants, they are failing the people miserably, in my opinion, and should be recalled for allowing these crimes to continue.

I have also called the Lt. Governor’s office who is supposedly looking into judicial corruption and received no response. I have also left messages this morning with Rep. Jimmy Matlock and Sen. Randy McNally, who I am told is recovering from surgery.

The solution is not to alter the Tennessee Court of the Judiciary, but rather, to abolish it and instead empower grand juries to perform the independent investigative work to expose corruption among public officials granted to them by the Fifth Amendment to the Bill of Rights. If the groups of citizens labeled “grand juries” are nothing but a government-run club which complies with the bidding of crooked clerks and judges to issue indictments against individuals regardless of the evidence, then all of their members have violated Tennessee state law and also need to be brought to account. TCA 22-2-314 dictates that a juror cannot serve again within a two-year period, yet in Monroe and other counties, they do so repeatedly. If jury selection is done by “totally automated means,” how could this be happening?

I have the documents in my hands which answer that question and am willing to testify by secure video hookup if necessary. I have hundreds of pages of evidence, testimony, and affidavits, with more people coming forward every day about the corruption.

Your committee could easily call together a special grand jury to investigate the evidence which I and others have to reach its own conclusion. Then those responsible for incarcerating innocent men and women, sometimes for life, would be brought to justice themselves.

Sincerely,

Sharon Rondeau
    Editor
    The Post & Email
    www.thepostemail.com
    editor@thepostemail.com
    203-987-7948

© 2011, The Post & Email. All rights reserved internationally, unless otherwise specified. To read more on our copyright restrictions, see our Copyright notice on the subheader of every page, along the left margin.

http://www.thepostemail.com/2011/12/...he-corruption/

Links and other info from this article at the link below

Monroe County Jury-Rigging Bombshell, Part 2

JUDGE AMY REEDY CAUGHT IN THE ACT OF HAND-PICKING JURORS?

by Sharon Rondeau

The Monroe County courthouse

(Dec. 21, 2011) — On December 20, 2011, The Post & Email reported an eyewitness account of alleged jury-rigging performed by a Monroe County, TN judge while court employees looked on. The judge reportedly chose the people she wanted, allegedly collecting much personal data about those individuals who would serve on the 2012 grand juries and trial juries.

But why were they “chosen?” Why weren’t the names put into a box and pulled out blindly, as they do in other counties in the state? Why are the names and other personal information known to the judge?

The state laws of Tennessee are contained in the “Tennessee Code Annotated.” Laws regarding jury selection begin in Section 22, which is then subdivided. Section 22-2-301 states:

22-2-301. Automated selection of names for jury list.

(a) The jury coordinator in each county shall select names of prospective jurors to serve in the courts of that county by random automated means, without opportunity for the intervention of any human agency to select a particular name and in a manner that causes no prejudice to any person. The names, which shall constitute the jury list, shall be compiled from licensed driver records or lists, tax records or other available and reliable sources that are so tabulated and arranged that names can be selected by automated means. The jury coordinator may utilize a single source or any combination of sources. The jury coordinator is prohibited from using the permanent voter registration records as a source to compile the jury list.

(b) The jury coordinator shall repeat this procedure as often as reasonably necessary, but in no event may a list be retained for more than two (2) years. Prior to repeating this procedure and compiling a new jury list, no person may add to or take from the existing list, except as provided in this part.

(c) Notwithstanding the provisions of title 2, chapter 2, part 1 to the contrary, any voter registration form created on or after January 1, 2009, by the state coordinator of elections shall clearly state on the registration form the following: “Names of persons selected for jury service in state court are not chosen from permanent voter registration records.”

HISTORY: Acts 2008, ch. 1159, § 1.

Even if, in this electronic age, a county cannot utilize “automated means” as set forth above, the Tennessee legislature allows for an alternate method which stipulates that only the names of prospective jurors are recorded and kept in a box “securely locked and under seal.”

Following the computerized selection of potential jurors, the law stipulates that final selection of jurors will still be made “by automated means” in Section 22-2-304:

22-2-304. Automated selection of names for jury pool.

(a) In any county in this state where the names of prospective jurors are obtained by automated means pursuant to § 22-2-301, the selection of names of prospective jurors to be summoned shall likewise be made by automated means in such a manner as to assure proportionate distribution of names selected without opportunity for the intervention of any human agency to select a particular name and in a manner that causes no prejudice to any person. It is the duty of the presiding judge of the judicial district to notify the jury coordinator of the number of names to be selected from the jury list, and these names shall constitute the jury pool.

(b) When the required number of names have been selected for the jury pool, the jury coordinator shall place a list of those names in an envelope, and with the list shall be enclosed a report prepared and signed by the jury coordinator. A copy of the list and report shall be retained by the jury coordinator for use under the provisions of this chapter, and the report shall provide substantially as follows:

© 2011, The Post & Email. All rights reserved internationally, unless otherwise specified. To read more on our copyright restrictions, see our Copyright notice on the subheader of every page, along the left margin.

The rest of the article can be found at the link below it wouldn't fit on the page

http://www.thepostemail.com/2011/12/...bshell-part-2/