Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Microsoft wants refund from some laid off workers

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-10169 ... 47-1_3-0-5

February 21, 2009 8:35 PM PST

Microsoft wants refund from some laid off workers

by Steven Musil

Microsoft says it made an accounting error when it laid off some employees last month and now feels the best way to correct the error is with what will likely add up to a public relations blunder.

The software giant, which recently laid off 1,400 employees, sent letters
    this week to some of those former workers letting them know that their severance payouts were a bit too "generous" and respectfully requested that the former employees pay back that money, according to a report Saturday on TechCrunch.

"An inadvertent administrative error occurred that resulted in an overpayment in severance pay by Microsoft," the letter states. "We ask that you repay the overpayment and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience to you."

Microsoft told CNET that it was looking into the matter, but a Microsoft spokesman reportedly confirmed the authenticity of the letter to the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, calling it a "private matter between the company and the affected people."

The company declined to specify how many of these letters were sent out, and it's unknown how much the overpayments total, but it did indicate that some laid off employees were also undercompensated.

The letter failed to provide an explanation for the accounting error but did manage to add--with underlined emphasis--a veiled threat of monetary punishment if the money wasn't repaid, at least in the form of a tax impact.

Bill Gates releases mosquitoes into audience

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29022220/

Microsoft chairman makes demonstration during discussion on malaria

msnbc.com

updated 8:53 p.m. ET, Wed., Feb. 4, 2009

"Bill Gates just released mosquitos into the audience at TED and said, 'Not only poor people should experience this.'"

That was the post by Facebook's Senior Platform Manager Dave Morin on social networking site Twitter.

The event took place at the TED2009 (Technology, Entertainment and Design) conference on Wednesday in Long Beach, Calif., where the Microsoft chairman was delivering a presentation about malaria education and eradication. Malaria is transmitted from person to person via mosquito bites.

Re: Bill Gates releases mosquitoes into audience

Quote Originally Posted by millere
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29022220/

Microsoft chairman makes demonstration during discussion on malaria

msnbc.com

updated 8:53 p.m. ET, Wed., Feb. 4, 2009

"Bill Gates just released mosquitos into the audience at TED and said, 'Not only poor people should experience this.'"

That was the post by Facebook's Senior Platform Manager Dave Morin on social networking site Twitter.

The event took place at the TED2009 (Technology, Entertainment and Design) conference on Wednesday in Long Beach, Calif., where the Microsoft chairman was delivering a presentation about malaria education and eradication. Malaria is transmitted from person to person via mosquito bites.

WHAT?

I'm sorry, but couldn't this be considered an act of bio-terrorism?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No! He can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants to. He's got the dough to replace American workers, so why should he be stoppable on other fronts? If they do get Malaria, they are the dumb ones for following him. He probably paid some company to grow them in a lab somewhere anyway.
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyYuma
    No! He can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants to. He's got the dough to replace American workers, so why should he be stoppable on other fronts? If they do get Malaria, they are the dumb ones for following him. He probably paid some company to grow them in a lab somewhere anyway.
    It's like the Fall of the Roman Empire. The Emperors had so much power it drove them crazy and they went insane. They would start giving nonsense orders to their subjects just to see them make fools out of themselves. When they went to far someone would sneak in an assassinate them, get a new emperor, but the new emperor, would gradually go insane as well.

Bill Gates is completely off his rocker and he is using his power to destroy as many American jobs as he can because he feels American workers don't worship and adore him the way Indian workers do. So at the "stroke of a pen" there goes another American job to India. I guarantee that if Bill Gates makes good on his promise to move to India he will end up like one of those bloated patriarchs out of a William Faulkner novel, fat and obese while Indian servants feed him and push him around. And the crooks in Congress worship his behavior.

I would say too bad, It is mine now what r u going to do "fire me"

"An inadvertent administrative error occurred that resulted in an overpayment in severance pay by Microsoft," the letter states. "We ask that you repay the overpayment and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience to you."
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Moving to "Other topic" I see no illegal aliens here
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)