Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AE

Mob of bicyclists injure motorist in Seattle

http://www.katu.com/news/local/25946309.html

Mob of bicyclists injure motorist in Seattle

A May 2008 Critical Mass gathering at Westlake Center in Seattle
    Story Updated: Jul 26, 2008 at 5:09 PM PDT
    By Associated Press

SEATTLE (AP) - A mob of bicyclists riding in Seattle with the monthly Critical Mass demonstration injured a motorist after an altercation.

Seattle Police spokesman Mark Jamieson says that on Friday between 100 and 300 bicyclists were riding down a street in the Capitol Hill neighborhood, blocking traffic on both lanes, when a man and a woman in a Subaru station wagon tried to pull out of a parking spot.

But some of the bicyclists blocked them, sat on the car and began banging on the vehicle. Words were exchanged between the male driver and the bicyclists.

The driver feared being assaulted and backed up, but bumped a biker and enraged the group. In response, some of the bikers smashed the windshield and rear window. He tried to drive away but hit another bicyclist.

The car stopped a block down and the bicyclists surrounded the car. One biker punched the driver through an open window and another used a knife to slash the tires.

When the driver got out of the car a male suspect struck him with an unknown object in the back of the head. The driver was later taken to the hospital. His female companion was not injured

Jamieson says two men were arrested and police are looking for the suspect who struck the driver in the back of the head. He added police know the man's identity.

According to the Critical Mass web site, every month, bicyclists ride to promote bicycle use and assert cyclists' right to the road among many reasons.

This is a prime example of the level of extremism that has invaded this country. We also have had a few incidents in the Portland area, but this one takes the cake.

I have seen these people, zooming in and out of traffic, not at all obeying any laws or traffic signals.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Run them over and get to safety . A bicycle is no match for a car . If you injure enough maybe they will get the message that they do not own the road .

Man, thats scary! The woman in the car must have been terrified watching all this unfold. Im glad no one got killed.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

More third world Mentality entering our Nation with the influx of third worlders here illegally.
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

According to the Critical Mass web site, every month, bicyclists ride to promote bicycle use and assert cyclists' right to the road among many reasons.
    Shame they don't realize with those rights comes responsibilities and it doesn't include bike rage.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AE

This is the anarchist type mentallity. They believe in something and expect everyone else to not only agree with it, but to abide by it. If you don't you will be harassed and possibly even beaten (as with these several incidents in our NW news has shown).
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Quote Originally Posted by AE
    This is the anarchist type mentality. They believe in something and expect everyone else to not only agree with it, but to abide by it. If you don't you will be harassed and possibly even beaten (as with these several incidents in our NW news has shown).
    The mob mentally. They won't be happy unless/until we are all riding bikes. They don't understand that is not Freedom. What happens if you need to move something larger than yourself and a loaf of bread? I don't understand that mentally. Their Utopian world is a failure already!
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

AE

I am all for making oneself independent and self-sufficient, but there is a real side to life which does not involve being stuck living in some inner-city neighborhood where people ride their bikes everywhere and buy only organic stuff.

Reality is we simply have to live and do the best we can with where we are and who we are, and be able to live our own lives without someone attempting to force their chosen lifestyles down our throats.

Quote Originally Posted by AE
    I am all for making oneself independent and self-sufficient, but there is a real side to life which does not involve being stuck living in some inner-city neighborhood where people ride their bikes everywhere and buy only organic stuff.

Reality is we simply have to live and do the best we can with where we are and who we are, and be able to live our own lives without someone attempting to force their chosen lifestyles down our throats.
    I agree. I own a truck that I use 95% of the time for business. That is how I make my living. Therefore, I need this truck to survive. I worked hard to get and keep this vehicle and resent the liberals who in their delusional world think I should just ride a bike and stave to make them happy. I can just see it- I'm on a bike or in a hybrid trying to move something large but then I have to hire someone with a truck. The liberals have no idea how ignorant they look and act. I can only tell liberals: live your own life, worry about yourself instead of trying to control and ruin mine.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

AE

So true AmericanPatriot.

There is this woman who works in my husbands department. She is about the age of my oldest one, she has the dreadlocks, eats nuts for lunch and ride the bus or bike. She is the quinteesential liberal from Portland. Now mind you she is nice and does not talk about her stuff at work, other than trying to wear a sweatshirt that says "Animal rights now!".

She overheard my son saying he likes to go to this one reclamation place for lumber and hardware, as well as the Habitat for Humanity reclamation store too. She perked up and acted surprised. He told her he thinks it is good to not waste stuff and also saves money.

What these people forget in their zeal is that although we do not share their way of doing things and mostly not their core beliefs, we all care about where we live and of course not being wasteful. They have this image that those of us who live "normal" and not like them are somehow these walking garbage dumps, spewing toxic waste where we go.