More Bad News For ObamaCare: Uninsured Americans Not Signing Up Either

By Joseph R. Carducci on November 10, 2013
Subscribe to Joseph R. Carducci's Feed

Well, I have something of an admission to make before continuing my ranting and raving against ObamaCare. The initial thought that many of us had was that the uninsured would be among the first to go and check out HealthCare.gov. After all, it is quite obvious that these are among the people most in need of the help. It stands to reason, therefore, that they would be willing to put up with the process, no matter how painful, and actually obtain their coverage through the exchange.
According to recent data, it looks like I was wrong. In fact, uninsured Americans are not actually going to the site, much less signing up. This is not just my opinion, either. According to a new Gallup poll it seems that only 22 percent of the people who are both uninsured and said they plan to get coverage through the online exchange have actually done so already. It looks like all the bad news about the poor performance of the website is even affecting these people, who should be among the top enrollments.
This presents an interesting problem for Obama. It seems that even the people who want to sign up for ObamaCare are staying away right now. They are worried that the site does not work, and perhaps have even been influenced by news that there are some pretty severe security breaches and risks right now.
What this means is that only people who are signing up are those joining Medicaid. You may not be aware but part of this new health law involved a pretty massive expansion of Medicaid. So, we can expect to see millions of new members in this federal program. Unfortunately, this does not provide more paying members for the ObamaCare plans. If this type of skewed enrollment level continues, then the program will quickly become something that cannot support itself. Then, we may see even more Democrats break ranks and publicly oppose the plan.

Despite all this, we are waiting for the actual October enrollment numbers. The HHS Queen herself, Kathleen Sebelius, has said that these numbers will be “very low.” Indeed. I mean we already know that several of the online state exchanges have enrolled as little as a single person the paying ObamaCare area. Still, the Obama Regime is promising us that there will be 7 million people enrolled by the end of March.
The situation is even worse for the administration, however. Previous Gallup polls have shown that as many as 69 percent of the uninsured were not even familiar with the exchanges. That is probably just as well, since it is not really functioning anyway. Maybe after they have done all their tinkering and have things working by the end of this month. Oh, wait, many experts have already predicted that it is still highly unlikely they will have all the kinks worked out and have the site working as it should by then. We will see.
After all, even if people knew about the site…or more people knew about the site, it really would not matter at this point. More people coming to HealthCare.gov at this point would be likely to crash the server again and not allow anyone to have access. Oh well.
So, what do YOU think? Is ObamaCare something that the Regime will have fixed by the end of the month? Do you think that there will be 7 million people signed up by March 2014? Will the currently uninsured by choice begin to flock to ObamaCare?

http://downtrend.com/jrc410/more-bad...ing-up-either/