Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJustice
    With the Huckster thinking he is going to win this election, Mormanism is the last thing on my mind. I don't know why this keeps popping up in so many threads. Is this the basis on which we are to vote? I don't think so. In fact, it is not even a consideration to me.

Guiliani is now going to be pushing hard......as he indicated in several interviews tonight.

What year are we going to get together on a candidate??????
    Actually, I agree. Romney's Mormonism should not be an issue. I don't understand why it is for so many. Now, if he were a Muslim ...... THAT'S an issue!!!
    so whats the differance !!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by imblest
    Some good info on Mormons here--
    http://www.bpnews.net/BPSearch.asp?s...imageField.y=7

The main thing is that Mormons don't believe that Christ is fully man AND fully God, and they claim Satan is His brother. They have more faith in their feelings than in the Word of God.

CitizenJustice, this thread IS "Other Topics" and it is a concern for some of us. I do NOT want to vote for Romney as I think he is DEEP in the global/New World Order stuff. That is my main objection to him, not his Mormonism, although that does concern me somewhat.
    Thank You

Banned
    I always see the TV adds for the morman church

I think that many people go to a specific church or belong to a certain denomination without any idea of what the church doctrine is or what the denomination truly believes.

John 8:32
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

GeorgiaPeach, I think you are right. I hadn't thought about that before. I guess some people find a church group where they feel comfortable, and don't really think about what that group actually believes. I couldn't do that myself; I need to know who I'm standing with and what I'm standing for.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Not sure what his being a Morman has to do with it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Not sure what his being a Morman has to do with it.
    Has America ever had a mormon president ???

I don't think so - but we have had Mormons in the government - although the only one that comes quickly to mind was head of Agriculture - but Mormons have been very influential in government for quite some time.

There is nothing wrong with your post - I didn't mean to imply there was - just don't know what relevance it has.

Remember, we have a very religious man who 'talks with his other father', so he said, about invading a sovereign nation - that had nothing to do with 9/11. So could a Mormon be worse?

Remember Bill Clinton received religious counseling from the Rev. Jesse.

I am pretty sure I don't want Romney as President - but the field is narrowing and Huckabee's 'born again' and his brand of 'Jesus juice' scares me more than Mormonism.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    I don't think so - but we have had Mormons in the government - although the only one that comes quickly to mind was head of Agriculture - but Mormons have been very influential in government for quite some time.

There is nothing wrong with your post - I didn't mean to imply there was - just don't know what relevance it has.

Remember, we have a very religious man who 'talks with his other father', so he said, about invading a sovereign nation - that had nothing to do with 9/11. So could a Mormon be worse?

Remember Bill Clinton received religious counseling from the Rev. Jesse.

I am pretty sure I don't want Romney as President - but the field is narrowing and Huckabee's 'born again' and his brand of 'Jesus juice' scares me more than Mormonism.
    He dosent have a snow balls chance in a summer snow ball fight of making it past Feb. In most people opinions
    I try and not question any mans faith but
    clinton did that for show
    in my opinion

clinton did that for show
    in my opinion

Of course he did - and he realized we knew it also.

How do you think President Bush's 'faith' has affected his governing?

I remember when John Kennedy was running for PResident, there were papers floating around, saying if we elected a Catholic, the Pope would be ruling America.

Yes, a Muslim would bother me - and I'm not sure Obama is really a Muslim - but a Mormon doesn't bother me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast