Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    clinton did that for show
    in my opinion

Of course he did - and he realized we knew it also.

How do you think President Bush's 'faith' has affected his governing?

I remember when John Kennedy was running for PResident, there were papers floating around, saying if we elected a Catholic, the Pope would be ruling America.

Yes, a Muslim would bother me - and I'm not sure Obama is really a Muslim - but a Mormon doesn't bother me.
    Some fool on cnn just called Obama as the next JFK
    Ya right lol

See the media is pushing him far too much -
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie

See the media is pushing him far too much -
    I didnt catch who said it but im sure we will read it all in the AM

Mormons are a peaceful religion. I have lived around Mormons and have all my life. I have Mormons as family members. Mormons have values. They are told to follow all 10 commandments. Mormons are very conservitive. They do not believe that God is married and has children.
    Mormons believe in helping thy neighbor. This neighbor does not have to be Mormon to be helped by a Mormon neighbor.

I live in a close knit neighborhood and have been helped in time of need by my neighbors and I in turn help them when it is needed. It could be that there father is out of town and we are hit by a snowstorm. Everyone will know this and will take care of that yard till the man of the house returns. We watch out for each other.

We help by bringing meals into a home that a mother in that family has fallen ill or has just had a child. Our children play together and laugh together. I am non Mormon and live peacefully amongest my Mormon neighbors. My husband being from Florida was amazed at how neighbors help each other here. It is like this in every neighborhood. He says that back east it isn't like that.

One thing I can tell you is that our neighborhoods here are now being torn apart. We have illegals moving in. Illegals do not share those values and do not want anything to do with an American Citizens. We do not even know their names or know the owners of the illegals immigrants homes.

Mormons are not odd, have horns, have multiple wives or any of the things that circulate around on the web. Mormons are simple. I find it funny that americans try to make them out to be something they are not.

I for one would never want to leave this state for this reason. If we had a terrible tragedy here, there will always be someone around willing to help you with whatever you need.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Paige The Mormons I have know have all been very nice, kind, resourceful people.

They do have a different religion, but some other Christian sects seem just as different. I find myself at odds with my own Southern Baptist more often than not.

There are quite a few in the Phoenix area. I enjoyed going to their garage sales because they quite often had great canning, food preservation and storage items. I believe they are admonished to keep food on hand for a certain period of time - a year or two. That's not a bad idea for all of us.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Two year supply of food at all times. A 72 hour kit that is full of things to keep you alive for 72 hours in case of an earthquake or other bad event.

The Mormon church has their own welfare system. If a family needs help you do not have to be Mormon, they will give you food. However you need to earn that food by having one family member once a week go to the food supply warehouse and work. I think as a nation we would do better if we went along the same guidelines as the Mormons.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Paige That's a fact.

I don't know as much about it as I would like, but what I know I respect very much. As I said, any religion leaves me with a lot of questions, so I can't fault theirs.

My neighbors are Mormons. They work hard, go to church every sunday, have great kids that are involved in alot of community efforts, are active and participate on alot of committees, and have alot of friends in the neighborhood. They are good people just like any other good people. And he doesn't have several wives either. Haha.

Not that this has anything to do with it, but I like the show "BIG LOVE" which is on HBO.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It amazes me that people find Mormonism so objectionable but yet are silent and complacent about the growing of Islam in the U.S. and around the world. Last I checked, Mormons weren't enaging in suicide bombing missions, hijacking airplanes or demanding that everyone bow to their customs and beliefs. I do realize that all Muslims are not radical and that there are many Muslims who wish to live peacefully with others; however, the radicals of that religion should cause much more pause to us all than the relatively few Mormons in this country and around the world who live peacefully and constructively within the greater society. Pitting Christians against Christians will get us nowhere in the big scheme of things and plays into the hands of radical extremists who relish such infighting.
    <div>"The making of an American begins at the point where he himself rejects all other ties, any other history, and himself adopts the vesture of his adopted land."**
    -James Baldwin, American Writer</div>

I have many Mormon family members, and lived amongst many growing up in Orange County. Mormons tend to be successful, hard-working, family oriented, and VERY conservative and patriotic.

Some claim they are not Christians. Well, they worship Jesus, follow the New Testament, have babtisms and sacrament, celebrate Christmas and Easter. If they are not Christians, then they are the most Christian non-Christians I have ever heard about.

I have NEVER understood the vitriol against Mormons -- especially from evangelicals. They agree with every political principal that evangelicals and other mainstream Christians do. They have the exact same views about abortion, homosexuality, family values, patriotism, work-ethic....To me, it is insanity for a conservative movement to pick such an unlikely enemy, when for all intents and purposes, they are a natural ally.

Are there some strange things in the Book of Mormon?

You betcha.

Are there strange things in the Old and New Testaments?

Without question.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123