Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Muslim graves could displace 350,000 bodies

Muslim graves could displace 350,000 bodies

A third of a million bodies could be dug up from a historic east London cemetery to make way for a new Muslim burial site.

Tower Hamlets council is considering reopening its Cemetery Park in Mile End in response to a long-running campaign for a Muslim graveyard in the area.

The park, off Bow Common Lane, was deconsecrated as a Church of England cemetery by Parliament in 1966, after being deemed full with about 350,000 bodies buried there.

Environmentalist and broadcaster David Bellamy is leading calls for the park to be kept as a wildlife haven. The botanist is patron of a charity that acts as the guardian of the graveyard.

The other options are to find land outside Tower Hamlets or redevelop the Bow Common gas works.

Councillors had asked officers to find ways of opening a Muslim-only cemetery but lawyers warned them that would be illegal. The authority then examined the possibility of a multi-faith site, clearing existing graves to create a new cemetery with an area set aside for Muslim burials.

The Rev Alan Green, chairman of the Tower Hamlets Inter-Faith Forum and dean for the borough, has warned of the "emotional, practical and ecological issues of removing thousands of bodies".

Link to:
    Reader views (3) Add your view
    Here's a sample of the latest views published. You can click view all to read all views that readers have sent in.

As a practicing Muslim I am aware of the need for burial grounds for Muslims. But I can't condone digging up existing graves to fulfil this, both from a personal and theological perpective.
    I'm sad to hear that this was even suggested by the council.

I hope common sense prevails.

- Max, London

Leave it alone!

- Steve Evans, Malta

There is no way this should go ahead!

People are still lying underground, and although some of the tombstones are crumbling, it's an amazing place to see. (Sounds creepy I know, but it's not, trust me!)

But the place is a haven for all kinds of wildlife, plus it's big enough to jog or cycle through or around.

As a resident of the borough I hope they don't go in with the diggers.

- Scott, London

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/ ... article.do
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DIG UP BODIES SO MUSLIMS CAN BE BURIED THERE? NO. THE ANSWER IS NO. THERE IS NO ROOM IN EUROPE FOR ANOTHER BURIAL SITE? OH PLEASE. MUSLIMS WILL HAVE TO FIND ANOTHER SPOT...THEY CANT DIG UP OLD BODIES. OMG. WHEN YOU GET BURIED YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO BE LEFT AT PEACE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This story makes me so mad and sick.
    Where are they going to put the bodies they are moving?Don't tell me I don't really want to know.
    I agree with RedPony,once someone has been buried LEAVE THEM IN PEACE.
    There has got to be somewhere else to make a burial ground for the muslims.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    I think it was sick that it was even suggested

Just wait until the Muslums are in charge in the US. They will be digging us up too. I am not trying to be funny either.

We need to look at England because they are totally being overtaken and they are planning the same for the US. It is already starting, no Chriistmas or Halloween in schools, no jello in cafeterias. Muslum cabbies don't have to p/u passengers with booze or dogs-not even service dogs that are protected under Amer with Disabilities act. Wake up people or we will all be living under Sharia law.

Remember there have been many articles about partnerships between Radical Islam and the Mexican /Aztlan crowd.

Old Mc Donald had a farm

The Brits are nice people people but it looks like they have lost the will to survive.All their history will just be flushed away,what a shame.!I agree with you Nicole it looks like we are headed in the same direction unless we dump
    politicians who have sold us out.

As for the Muslims the British should buy farms and bury them in the pig pens. Say to them, that will be their fate or they can choose to return home .

Here is a link to Old Mc Donald -
    http://songsforteaching.com/s/hap/OldMacDonald.mp3
    Thomas Jefferson said: When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty !

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole
    Just wait until the Muslums are in charge in the US. They will be digging us up too. I am not trying to be funny either.

We need to look at England because they are totally being overtaken and they are planning the same for the US. It is already starting, no Chriistmas or Halloween in schools, no jello in cafeterias. Muslum cabbies don't have to p/u passengers with booze or dogs-not even service dogs that are protected under Amer with Disabilities act. Wake up people or we will all be living under Sharia law.

Remember there have been many articles about partnerships between Radical Islam and the Mexican /Aztlan crowd.
    Nicole-do muslims hate dogs? I am curious because I've been having some problems w/ a neighbor who from almost the time they moved in have been complaining about my dogs.

Rawhide!

You're right Nicole. Loretta Sanchez (D, CA) even has ties to CAIR (Council American Islamic Relations). The Voz de Atzlan even has pictures of their trip to visit Yasser Arafat in the Palestinian state.

It's sick the way Xmas and Halloween have been eliminated, but the Empire State Building is being lit up for Ramada and we have muslim footbaths being installed in airports and universities.

It really makes you wonder WHO runs this country? We HAVE to vote all the traitors in not only the senate and congress but in our local state legislatures as well, before it's too late.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide

Nicole-do muslims hate dogs? I am curious because I've been having some problems w/ a neighbor who from almost the time they moved in have been complaining about my dogs.

Rawhide!
    Rawhide,

They are considered "dirty" in their religion and that is the reason that they do not want them in the cabs.

Nicole