Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    That chart didn't really answer any of my questions, did it?

Did you catch the small print at the bottom of the chart?

"The National Agriculture Statistics Survey (NASS) estimates 1.4 million livestock farms in the United States (premises more than $1000 in annual income)

In other words, if you produce a gross income of $19.23 a week from rabbits and/or chickens you are considered a 'livestock farm'. I raised rabbits for a while and this would translate into selling about 3 a week to exceed that limit.

Farm-fresh eggs were $1.50 a dozen in my area. Sell a baker's dozen of those each week and you're over the cap. Doesn't take many layers to do that, does it?

A buddy of mine raises goats. At $60 a pop for nannies and $30 for billies you wouldn't have to sell but 1 each once a month.

But that's just a side issue, because you wouldn't have to sell ANYTHING to still be required to chip every animal you got, right?

Did you read any of the stuff from of the links I posted above?

The program is 100% voluntary. The Program is beneficiary to every one.
    I know you are having trouble reading lately.

So here just watch this. It goes slow.

From The first week 2008.

mms://ocbmtcwmp.usda.gov/content/aphis/ ... ation7.wmv

Banned
    Mr. Straw here are a few other reading which will explain some answers to your questions

Business Plan

http://animalid.aphis.usda.gov/nais/nai ... s_Plan.pdf

2008 User Guide

http://animalid.aphis.usda.gov/nais/nai ... rGuide.pdf

Banned
    "This is a voluntary program at the Federal level."

They repeat that mantra several times but only once do they sneak in the phrase " states may make it mandatory."

In the 2005 Draft Implementation Plan they made the mistake of noting that by 2009 they had EVERY intention of making it MANDATORY. I believe this is why they turned it onto the states, to disguise the fact that it will indeed be mandatory for ALL.

They wait until page 11 of their business plan to let you know that it will be mandatory at some time in the near future.

After finding that I'm pretty sure the double talk is doing nothing but masking the same goals and desires that were up front in the 2005 Draft.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    They wait until page 11 of their business plan to let you know that it will be mandatory at some time in the near future.

I’m sorry I didn’t find that information on page 11 which provides information on the Business Plan to Advance Animal Disease Traceability.
    Maybe you’re reading some other information that I didn’t provide…there is a possibility that came a different page from some other site , from a Blog maybe ???
    or one of those 100 pages you spoke of. But that information is not in current business plan provided by the USDA 2008 .

There is a mandatory objective in the goals of the USDAID. Which are performance measure to gauge the progress being made towards obtaining the
    Participation levels necessary to achieve the optimum traceability goal. Specifically in the
    cattle industry where significant improvement are and have been necessary for some time.

There is no current or planed future mandated policy aimed at privet citizens to participate in this program.

If there is ever to become a mandated system here in the United States in the cattle and poultry industries, or even in the the privet pet industry for that mater, I say more power to them.
    It is about time people can go to the freezer as Joe P American, and know that meat is good.
    If they did the same thing in toy industry no one would complain, but that’s just somebody else’s kids right? Wrong!
    Well, the Food disease problems that have arose across this country and across the world is everyone’s problem. Wouldn’t you agree?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12