Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New Orleans: Three People killed in Less Than 10 Hrs.

Six people shot, three killed in less than 10 hours

06:08 PM CST on Saturday, March 10, 2007

WWLTV.com

The city recorded its 37th murder of 2007 on Saturday as three people were killed in less than 10 hours.

Logan Banks / WWLTV.com

NOPD and FBI investigators on the scene of a murder in a Mid-City neighborhood.

The latest murder occurred in Mid-City, near the intersection of Esplanade Avenue and Columbus Street, shortly after 2 p.m., according to Joe Narcisse, an NOPD spokesman. A 23-year-old man was killed at that location. Police found shell casings covering a two block area and an AK-47.

Witnesses told investigators that a red Dodge Magnum pulled alongside a silver Dodge Durango and opened fire. However, the driver of the Magnum lost control and crashed into a parked vehicle. Three suspects got out of the Magnum, one of them wielding the AK-47 that was later found at the scene.

The driver of the Durango had been shot several times, Narcisse said. The victim made it to the intersection of Esplanade and N. Broad avenues before crashing his vehicle. He and a female passenger were transported to a local hospital. The driver died shortly after; police said the woman was unharmed.

Narcisse said both vehicles had Texas plates. Authorities hope this will help them learn more about those involved.

Investigators said they were still trying to determine if that murder was connected to any other crimes.

A short time after that shooting, police were on the scene of another shooting near the intersection of Foucher and S. Saratoga streets, Narcisse said.

Around 11 a.m., police received word of a shooting in the 7800 block of Venice Blvd, Narcisse said. Seventh District Officers found the victim lying in the street with gunshot wounds to his head and arm. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

The first shootings of the day took place around 5 a.m. as a 22-year-old woman and her male companion were shot while walking in a Treme neighborhood, Narcisse said. The woman was shot twice in the chest and died later at a hospital. The man, 25, received a gunshot wound to the ankle.

Detectives were called out to a sixth shooting in Hollygrove just before 6 p.m. Police have not released any further information on this shooting.

Family of man shot by National Guardsman claims racism caused shooting

Medical trailers sit while hospitals overflow with patients

Minister gets life sentence for third sex-related conviction

More...
    Most E-mailed News
    Six people shot, three killed in less than 10 hours

Dillard students upset over recent break-ins, attack

Fats says he's close to coming home to flood-ravaged 9th Ward

http://www.wwltv.com/local/stories/wwl0 ... 1cfa2.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Um... Im a little tired here but I did not see a single victim name in this report.

Am I seeing things or is the critical info of the names completely missing in this report?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ncm

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Um... Im a little tired here but I did not see a single victim name in this report.

Am I seeing things or is the critical info of the names completely missing in this report?

W
    The same thing went through my mind, I read it a couple times just to be sure. Makes me a little suspicious.
    Be careful what you wish for...you just might get it!

A finger points at the moon, the fool stares at the finger.