Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New York Democrats Indicted in Alleged $30 Million 'Pay-to-P

THIS SCHEME GOES INTO THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES AND THE SENATE.... THEY'RE ALL IN IT, PELOSI INCLUDED....

New York Democrats Indicted in Alleged $30 Million 'Pay-to-Play' Scheme

A Democratic consultant and state official were indicted Thursday for allegedly receiving $30 million in kickbacks, as New York's attorney general accused them of using the state's pension fund investments as a "piggy bank."

FOXNews.com
    Friday, March 20, 2009

Democratic political consultant Hank Morris and a top lieutenant to disgraced former New York Comptroller Alan Hevesi were indicted Thursday in a scheme to trade lucrative investments in the state pension fund for more than $30 million in kickbacks, gifts and campaign contributions, the New York Post reported.

The 123-count indictment against Morris and former state pension-fund manager David Loglisci stems from a two-year pay-to-play probe by state Attorney General Andrew Cuomo.

"Morris used the fund as his own piggy bank," Cuomo said in announcing the bombshell indictment. "The indictment charges crimes that go beyond the grossest manifestations of pay-to-play."

The indictment charges that Morris used his access to the Comptroller's Office to direct more than $4 billion from the pension fund to private equity firms, venture-capital funds and businesses in exchange for bogus "placement fees" and other payoffs.

In exchange for signing off on the dirty deals, the indictment charges Loglisci received hundreds of thousands of dollars in payoffs, including some $290,000 to help his brother film and distribute a poorly received comedy, "Chooch," about two Italian-Americans.

"You couldn't make this up," Cuomo said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/03 ... ay-scheme/

Corruption is rampent......I swear I hope they have a nice hot seat reserved.....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: New York Democrats Indicted in Alleged $30 Million 'Pay-

THIS SCHEME GOES INTO THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES AND THE SENATE.... THEY'RE ALL IN IT, PELOSI INCLUDED....

What do you mean? They are involved or affected?
    I would love all of them to lose everything in another Ponzi scheme!!!!!!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Would you expect any different from these people?
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou