Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NV-Day laborer arrested, accused of murder

Day laborer arrested, accused of murder

KVBC-TV
    updated 9:00 a.m. PT, Mon., July. 7, 2008
    An arrest has been made in the murder of 61-year-old Otilia Soares.

On July 3, Metro's Criminal Apprehension Team took 32-year-old Yiorkis Pineda-Laurencio into custody without incident. Pineda-Laurencio was interviewed by homicide detectives, and a search warrant was served at his residence.

As a result of the investigation, Pineda-Laurencio was booked at the Clark County Detention Center for one count of Murder with a Deadly Weapon and one count of Robbery with a Deadly Weapon.

An autopsy determined that Soares' cause of death as blunt force trauma resulting in a cervical spine fracture. Pineda-Laurencio was working as a day laborer at Soares' home. According to Metro's arrest report, Pineda-Laurencio was alone with Soares when he hit her over the head with a crowbar and stole her jewelry. Less than a week later, detectives found the jewelry at a couple of local pawnshops.

Pineda-Laurencio is currently in jail, charged with robbery and murder with a deadly weapon. According to police, he's also been previously arrested for burglary and larceny.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    July 2, 2008

Jesse Corona reporting

We're learning more about the 61-year old woman killed Friday at her home in east Las Vegas. Otilia Soares died after police say she was hit several times on the back of the neck with a crowbar.

Police believe the killer came to the victim's home a day laborer. Detectives say 61-year old Soares was killed after her husband left to get supplies from a hardware store. Neighbors say the couple was getting some work done on their home.

"To me he looked more Cuban than Mexican or Hispanic," neighbor Jesus Lamas tells News 3. Lamas says he saw the man doing the work a few days before the murder. "I remember him staring at me, looking at me as I drove into the driveway."

Police believe the man was a day laborer. They say Otilia's husband briefly left the handyman at the house. When he returned, he found his house ransacked and his wife beaten to death in the backyard.

"I knew he used a lot of day laborers because he did a lot of work on his house," said Lamas.

Metro says the day laborer they want to talk to is a Hispanic male, 5'8", last seen wearing a jeans and riding a black bicycle. Detectives say he may go by the nickname "Bork" or "York". If you have any information contact Crime Stoppers at 385-5555.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25570866/

Inmate In-Custody Status
    ID Name Age Race Sex
    Case Charge Status
    Related Case Arrest Date Detainer Cash Bail Surety Bail
    Housing Sched Department Sched Action Sched Date Sched Time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    01970794 PINEDA, YIORKIS L 32 Unknown Male
    08F13818X ROBBERY WITH A DEADLY WEAPON Active
    7/4/2008 N $0.00 $0.00
    6M17S OTHER 7/7/2008 7:30 AM

01970794 PINEDA, YIORKIS L 32 Unknown Male
    08F13818X MURDER WITH A DEADLY WEAPON Active
    7/4/2008 N $0.00 $0.00
    6M17S OTHER 7/7/2008 7:30 AM

Visiting Hours - You need to come an hour ahead of Visiting Hour to preregister.
    For Housing Unit : 6M
    Monday 9:30 PM
    Tuesday 9:30 PM
    Wednesday 9:30 PM
    Thursday 9:30 PM
    Friday 9:30 PM

Searched On
    Defendant's ID: 01970794
    Defendant's Case No:

Records Found: 5

http://redrock.co.clark.nv.us/ccdcincus ... rence.aspx

(Is the detainer an ICE hold?)
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

To me he looked more Cuban than Mexican or Hispanic," neighbor Jesus Lamas tells News 3. Lamas says he saw the man doing the work a few days before the murder. "I remember him staring at me, looking at me as I drove into the driveway."
    Yea, sure he looked Cuban! Jesus Lamas wouldn't be a little biased now would he...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)