Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NY GOV. CUOMO: PRO-LIFE, PRO-GUN, PRO-MARRIAGE CONSERVATIVES 'HAVE NO PLACE IN THE ST

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Watch Glenn Beck’s Takedown of NY Gov. Cuomo – Plus, He Tells Megyn Kelly His Biggest Regret From His Time at Fox News

Jan. 21, 2014 10:59pm Jason Howerton

Video at the Page Link:

Appearing on “The Kelly File” Tuesday, Glenn Beck continued to rip New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo over divisive remarks he made about “extreme” conservatives having no place in the Empire State.
    Beck, who recently penned an open letter to the New York governor, argued Cuomo is attempting to assert a certain position in his state, which continues to move to the far-left. He said there is a “hostile takeover” by the radical left in New York, with progressive Bill de Blasio taking the reins in New York City.
    “It’s a position that’s going to leave him in the dust bin of history,” he told host Megyn Kelly. “He says he’s talking about politicians, but, OK. If we can’t have politicians who stand up for the Constitution, stand up because they have the point of view that you have the right to life as an unborn child. … Those two, in particular, those are essential for us to argue about and have debate about, especially in politics.”

Fox News

As Americans, Beck continued, we need to decide if we can live alongside people who have different points of view. “If we can’t,” he added, “we’ve seen that road in the 20th century over and over again, and it doesn’t end well.”
    Beck even went as far as to say Cuomo sounds an awful lot like the former governor of Alabama who told people who wanted to march with Martin Luther King Jr. and ride on the “Freedom Bus” to get out of town.
    “Where would the disenfranchised of the world in history be if we didn’t have that pushback?” he asked.
    Watch the latest video at http://video.foxnews.com Later in the segment, Kelly asked Beck to reflect on his time as a TV host at Fox News. His answer may surprise some people.
    Though he remembers the job being a lot of fun, Beck also revealed that he has some regrets about the way he handled himself on the air.
    “I remember it as an awful lot of fun and that I made an awful lot of mistakes, and I wish I could go back and be more uniting in my language,” he said. “I think I played a role, unfortunately, in helping tear the country apart.”
    “I didn’t realize how really fragile the people were, I thought we were kind of more in it together,” he added. “Now I look back and I realize if we could have talked about the uniting principles a little more instead of the problems, I think I would look back on it a little more fondly. But that’s only my role.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...e-at-fox-news/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo over divisive remarks he made about “extreme” conservatives having no place in the Empire State.

The Peanut Butter and Crack Samitch
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 01-22-2014 at 04:30 AM.

Texas Strikes Back at New York

Posted By The Common Constitutionalist on Jan 21, 2014 in Articles, Politics | 35 Comments

By now everyone, at least the geeks that follow this stuff (like you and me), have heard New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s recent speech regarding the few conservatives that may still reside in his state.
    For those who haven’t, here’s a quick recap: The governor stated that, “There is a schism in the Republican Party. They’re searching to define their soul… Who are they? Right to life, pro-assault weapons, anti-gay – if that’s who they are, they have no place in the state of New York because that’s not who New Yorkers are.”
    Now that sounds reasonable, don’t you think? It sure is nice to see the lefts tolerance and acceptance of others viewpoints and beliefs on display.
    Now rumor is that Rick Perry, governor of Texas is preparing a speech to counter Cuomo’s remarks. As luck would have it, I have obtained a draft copy of said speech. Let me reveal it to you now.
    “Conservatives, unlike liberals, are freethinkers and thus have varying opinions on many subjects. Normally we conservatives do not march in lockstep – but I, as the duly elected speechifier (got that word from “W”) do decree the following to all who reside in the state of Texas.”

“From here on, Texas will be an abortion free state. Anyone who wishes to have an abortion will be free to leave the state and will be denied entry if they choose to return. They are not welcome here.”

“Borrowing from the Swiss, every adult citizen of Texas will be issued an assault weapon and is required to keep it in good working order and present that weapon to authorities once a year for inspection. If you refuse the weapon, you will be removed from your home and deported to New York State. You will be denied entry if you choose to return. You have no place in Texas.”

“Borrowing from Russia, Texas will be a homosexual free state. If one is found to be homosexual, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered, multi-gendered, semi-gendered or any combination, you’ll be deported to New York State. You have no place in Texas.”

“Any citizen of Texas who is found to have voted for Barack Obama will be deported to New York State. You have no place in Texas because that’s not what Texans are.”

“Furthermore, any liberal who can no longer take the oppressive taxes, overregulation and political correctness gone wild of another state will be granted asylum in Texas. They must relinquish their right to vote in any state or local election for a period of five years. At the five-year mark, they will be given a test to judge their competency and make sure they have been deprogrammed.”

Now anyone who actually believes that a word of the previous Perry pronouncements are real needs to have their heads examined!

Of course, I made them up, and did so, as Rush says, to “demonstrate absurdity by being absurd.”
    Anyone who would say such things, as Goveronor Cuomo did, should be run out of town on a rail.
    In a just and civil society that’s what should happen to the not so “esteemed” Governor Cuomo.
    Does the phrase “recall petition” strike a chord? It should!

Shame on you New York and anyone who voted for the demagogue Andrew Cuomo.

Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, Tea Party Community & Twitter.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/01/te...back-new-york/

Gov. Cuomo Furiously Backpedals on Comments Saying Pro-Lifers Don't Belong in NY

Christine Rousselle | Jan 21, 2014

Following Gov. Andrew Cuomo's comments on a radio show suggesting that conservative, pro-life people have no place in New York, the governor's office has morphed into damage control mode, releasing a statement saying that it's "fine" to be pro-life in the state.
    The full text of the statement:
    The New York Post distorted Governor Cuomo’s words yesterday, saying that the Governor said "conservatives should leave New York." The Governor did not say that, nor does he believe that.
    If you read the transcript (below), it is clear that the Governor was making the observation that an extreme right candidate cannot win statewide because this is a politically moderate state (either moderate Republican or moderate Democratic).
    In the same response, the Governor went on to say "it is fine" to be anti-gun control, and anti-choice” – as he respects both positions.
    The Post can allow any person they want to publish in their paper but if they are to retain any credibility they cannot be entirely reckless with facts and the truth.
    Cuomo's remarks were widely criticized.
    Let's hope that Cuomo chooses his words a little better the next time he has to give a speech.
    Updated to correct the situation of Gov. Cuomo's initial remarks

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christi...campaign=nl_pm

Slander? Depends Who Says It

Mona Charen | Jan 21, 2014

Everyone knows by now that the governor (and possible presidential contender) can be a hothead. Some have called him a bully. Even if you think that's too strong, it's undeniable that a trace of bellicosity has been important to what the professionals like to call his "brand."
    Still, he shouldn't have said what he did in that radio interview. However strongly he may feel about those who disagree, and certainly he has his reasons for feeling aggrieved, he shouldn't have said that his opponents "have no place" in his state. It's understandable, considering the intemperance and intolerance he demonstrated, why the press is going wild with this story.
    What? Did you miss it? That's because it wasn't possible presidential candidate and Republican Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey who said those things about his opposite numbers, it was possible presidential candidate and Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo of New York. Speaking on WCNY radio, Cuomo told listeners that Republicans are in the midst of a civil war:
    "Who are they? Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that's who they are, and if they are the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that's not who New Yorkers are."
    Naturally, there has been no outcry in the press. With the exception of the vigilant Kathryn J. Lopez of National Review and a few other "extremists," the interview had all the impact of a feather floating onto a blade of grass.
    Let's put the equivalent words into the mouth of Christie. To do so, we must mischaracterize the Democrats' views as Cuomo was caricaturing Republican views. "Pro-assault weapon"? Few second amendment defenders see themselves as pro-assault weapon. The term "assault weapon" is inexact -- and can sometimes amount to a matter of cosmetics, not ballistics. In any case, people who resist gun control have solid arguments and can be found in all counties of the state of New York. Those who believe that the right to bear arms is a personal right that cannot be unduly infringed by the state also form a majority of the members of the United States Supreme Court. Are they not welcome in the state of New York?
    As for "anti-gay," it isn't clear how Cuomo would define the term, but he is presumably referring to people who oppose same-sex marriage. Again, people who believe that a traditional understanding of marriage is a key pillar of family and social life would not characterize themselves as "anti-gay." They would observe, for example, that they had also opposed liberalizing the divorce laws (New York was a "pioneer" in that, too), and opposed the normalization of unwed parenting. According to a 2012 Quinnipiac poll, "extremists" opposing same-sex marriage still comprise about a third of New York State's population. Are they "not who New Yorkers are"?
    Cuomo has grouped those who call themselves "pro-life" together with other "extremists." That's 48 percent of the U.S. population, according to a 2013 Gallup poll, and includes 31 percent of self-described Democrats, along with 46 percent of women and 51 percent of non-whites. Are they unwelcome extremists?
    People who call themselves pro-life do so because they believe that every human life, at every stage, is deserving of honor and human dignity. They hold this view though they know it to be unfashionable. Fifty-one percent of those surveyed told Gallup that they believed most Americans are pro-choice, while the actual number who describe themselves that way was only 45 percent.
    If Christie were to use comparable language about Democrats, he'd probably have to describe them as "pro-criminal, gun-confiscating, anti-Catholic bigots": "Pro-criminal" because some Democrats have been opposed to the death penalty; "gun-confiscating" because some Democrats have proposed gun-control measures; and "anti-Catholic bigots" because the Democratic party is responsible for Obamacare, which forces Catholic institutions and individuals to violate their religious beliefs.
    Obviously, such careless and inflammatory language from the governor of a state -- all the more so when he is being mentioned as a candidate for president -- would provoke a shrieking nervous breakdown by every on-air personality at MSNBC. The cacophony would be only slightly less pronounced on other outlets.
    Conservatives are accustomed to slander. But in this case, they should learn from the professional offense-takers on the other side and demand that Cuomo apologize.

http://townhall.com/columnists/monac...1910/page/full

Andrew Cuomo: Segregationist

Todd Starnes | Jan 21, 2014

Get out of New York!
    That’s the message Empire State Governor Andrew Cuomo is sending to pro-life, pro-gun, pro-traditional marriage conservatives.
    The Albany Times-Union first highlighted remarks the governor made during an interview with Susan Arbetter on “The Capitol Pressroom.” He was talking about a division within the state’s Republican Party and compared it to what’s happening in Washington, D.C.
    “It’s a mirror of what’s going on in Washington,” he said. “The gridlock in Washington is less about Democrats and Republicans. It’s more about extreme Republicans versus moderate Republicans.”
    And then he told “extreme” Republicans where to go.
    “Who are they?” the governor asked. “Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that’s who they are and they’re the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are.”
    Take that in for just a moment. New York’s Democratic governor believes people who are pro-life are extremists. Extremists.
    Donald Trump? Not welcome. Cardinal Dolan -- you're outta here, pal. Cuomo just can’t have those kind of people living on the streets of New York City.
    When did Governor Cuomo become Bull Connor -- trying to politically segregate the state?
    What's he going to do next, unleash the dogs and turn the hoses on conservative boys and girls?
    Even yours truly, could be forced find a new place to live. I live among the intolerant liberal people of Brooklyn. I'm also a card-carrying member of the National Rifle Association and an evangelical Christian.
    It's only a matter of time before the governor's foot soldiers knock on my door and give this gun-toting, Bible-clinging, son-of-a-Baptist the heave ho.
    That’s fine by me. I don’t want to live in a state where I’m not wanted. Besides, if my political views are too extreme for Governor Cuomo, my tax dollars must be, too.
    It seems the road to tolerance and diversity is a one-way street heading due west -- across the state line. As they say, the grass is always greener on the other side. Come to think of it, they do call New Jersey the Garden State.
    I just hope my U-Haul doesn’t get stuck in traffic on the George Washington Bridge.

http://townhall.com/columnists/todds...campaign=nl_pm

working4change
    $1.00 dollar from everyone could end the funds drive and get us back into the fight! Please consider helping today. Please don't wait!

http://www.alipac.us/donations/

Jan 22

Cuomo can kiss my Conservative extremity…

Culture, Email Featured 18 comments

America’s cities may have pretty skylines, but big cities are armpits.

Sure there are some sight-seers’ trappings in the Big Apple — like Broadway, the Empire State building, and so on. However those famous sights are only for the Chamber of Commerce to brag about and to attract capitalists’ money.

Leave downtown [insert armpit here], and you are in the underbelly of evil, where your life expectancy drops dramatically.

You’re not going to see Brady, TX on the list of 25 most dangerous cities or neighborhoods any time soon.

How often do you hear about crime in rural areas? Outside of somebody’s car being vandalized or a mailbox smashed by rowdy teens, rural America is mostly cow-tipping and the occasional meth lab. Rural America is like living in a church, compared to America’s big cities.

But Conservative-loathing Democrat, New York Governor Cuomo, wants no part of Bible-thumping, gun-toting, America-loving, military-supporting, independent-thinking, hard-working, tax-paying extreme Conservatives.

We are a scourge on society, according to Cuomo, the ruination of America.

Cuomo prefers Liberal intelligentsia; the ones who live conservative lives privately. Those who put their kids in private school, and get their concealed weapons permits through high-power government officials, aka the hypocrites.

And Cuomo also prefers the high-crime-creating, no-tax-paying, lower class deadbeats who vote for him, because they are easily led.

It’s not Conservatives filling the jails in these urban indoctrination centers, it’s the “easily led.” And it’s not Conservatives passing laws that punish the poor in these cities.

Liberal voters in these metropolises complain about Republicans in Congress, however their real problem is their local Liberal gangsters.

New York state is phenomenal, and chock full of Conservatives. But New York state suffers at the hands of New York City: the tail wags the dog.

The Mayor of New York City is more powerful than the governor of New York. That’s why Cuomo is content to denigrate the great state of New York, most of whom are Conservatives. Cuomo caters to New York City, because he know where there is corruption, you will find the power.

Cities are run by Liberal mobs, and Liberals know it.

“The Chicago Way” happens in cities all over this country, and should be called “The Liberal Way.” New York is no different. The very people Cuomo derided in his comments represent his tax base in New York, and are the state’s most productive and law-abiding citizens. Yet Cuomo wants them gone.

Supporting life is extreme? Wanting to protect oneself with a gun is extreme? Cuomo has described “extreme Conservatism,” but what is “extreme Liberalism.”

I bet you will find ALL governors are against extreme Liberalism, whether they admit it or not.

Without extreme Liberalism, we would need fewer cops, since the crime rate would drop to almost nothing. Yes, Liberals commit the most crime. And with less crime, America could get rid of lots of prisons.

Without extreme Liberalism the graduation rates for high school would be in the 98 percentile, and we would have the smartest college graduates in the world. And those college grads would have jobs. Their jobs would be at corporations focused on quality products, not diversity of employees, because last time I checked, corporations were not in the business of social engineering.

Without extreme Liberalism, cities would be able to pay their bills, and the family and the church would become the centerpieces for society’s charity, not government.

Without extreme Liberalism, America would be racially tolerant, because Conservatives don’t care about race; we care about character.

So yes, I for one am all for ridding America of extreme Liberalism, and I say let’s begin with Cuomo.

http://theblacksphere.net/2014/01/cu...ive-extremity/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast