Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dixie: I have just totally quit giving except what my child is required - one box of tissue.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Money and poverty is not the only two items on the plate. There are the grade point averages. Who can tell how they are calculated? Is the whole class lumped together as if everyone is college bound and an America Citizen?

Related post about a green card holder getting to go to college:
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-130211.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

As a former school employee I can tell you for a fact that many, many school lunch forms are falsified with incorrect info. A lot of people (including illegals) have figured out that the schools only audit a very small percentage of kids to make sure they qualify. If they are found to be giving incorrect info the only punishment is that the parents have to pay for their kids lunches the rest of the school year. A lot of the moms would pretend to be single with no dad around and a lot would say they aren't working but then they would bring and/or pick up their kids wearing their employers uniform.

Around here we also have the migrant program which most illegals are on. If the kids are considered migrants they automatically qualify for free breakfasts and lunches no matter what their parents income or citizenship status is.

Mayday:
    Around here we also have the migrant program which most illegals are on. If the kids are considered migrants they automatically qualify for free breakfasts and lunches no matter what their parents income or citizenship status is.
    LOL

That is not legal! Forget the citizenship - $$$$ doesn't count - part is not legal at all!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The entire school system across this country has become a mess when trying to be PC to accomodate non-English speakers. Subjects like English get warped (teaching "powergraphs" which MUST be 10 sentences long but if a kid delivers the idea in five or six sentences, they get a bad grade), kids not having access to computer labs because of overcrowding and computer printed papers are all the teacher will accept (and some teachers insisted on nothing produced on a dot-matrix printer.) School districts cutting budgets so teachers have to reach into their own pockets to supply their classrooms, and parents of excellent students having to reach into their pockets to subsidize the child's extra credit project.
    Budget cuts a few years ago in Lee County FL had the wisdom to pay a little less for substitute teachers by lowering requirements to the minimum requirements to a high-school graduate of 18-years old. Then they also decided to print helpful guides for parents to help with their children's education in English, Spanish and Haitian-Creole.
    As one can probably tell by now, I am beyond livid, but bordering on rabidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayday
    As a former school employee I can tell you for a fact that many, many school lunch forms are falsified with incorrect info. A lot of people (including illegals) have figured out that the schools only audit a very small percentage of kids to make sure they qualify. If they are found to be giving incorrect info the only punishment is that the parents have to pay for their kids lunches the rest of the school year. A lot of the moms would pretend to be single with no dad around and a lot would say they aren't working but then they would bring and/or pick up their kids wearing their employers uniform.

Yep! At my kids school they were only offering 1 PRE SCHOOL class for I think maybe 20-23 students, ONLY 1!!!!!!!! Then when word spread it somehow came to be 3 and I believe 1 is for spanish speakers (it's only a matter of guessing how many are IA and how many cross their kids every day to attend). The kids in my daughter's class mostly speak spanish and are talked to in spanish. How are they to learn english when they are continuously reinforced even at school in spanish? It does more harm than good not only for those kids but for OUR kids! And I'm sorry but just because a parent is too lazy to teach their kids english why do our kids have to suffer? It's appalling. If they want to be labor for the rest of their lives so be but blame the libs for telling them they can speak whatever language and collect welfare for their multiple kids with the belief the libs only want to "help" these poor souls when in fact they only see a labor class and voting class for the next few decades and salivate at the mouth when thinking of their new voters who are voting themselves in to what amounts to a caste system, one that will continue to force them to be nothing more than low paid servants (but they only have themselves to blame for not demanding change in their own countries and I for one do not feel the least bit sorry for these people). If the nanny state works then why is it 50% of "hispanic" high school students drop out of highschool? Wasn't forcing the IA children in to school supposed to squelch crime? If anything it has only allowed it to run rampant and fester. ANd look at the black community who historically has voted democratic, why are there so many in prison for life or on a continuous cycle of welfare? I'm sorry for the rant but I feel if I am to sacrifice a part of my children's american dream so that these people can come and share in the piece of this pie that is solely for those who are american citizens at least I would like to see some progress not people being givent he opportunity to better themselves and then pissing on it as though it meant nothing, as if no soldier or citizen had sacrificed life or limb to attain it for them.

Why don't 100,000,000 of us American Citizens go to the Border and SETTLE DOWN?

We could rent our homes to the illegals for a tax write off.

and Conquer a new territory on the other side; New America Settlement!

We could become DUAL CITIZENS, too.

gemini282:

Remember my post about GRADE POINT AVERAGES someday. You will actually have steam coming out your ears by then! LOL now!

Re: NYTimes-More Children Victims of Poverty Returning to Sc

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    In LAUSD about half of them are illegal
    That is just plain nuts and pitiful.
    We are American Saps.
    Do we not recognise when we are being used and abused?
    Thanks for the info.
    Well CA was first in the country to try and stop illegal immigration but went about it wrong, they went after the benefits and schools instead of the employers and arrested illegals. Other states have learned and are going after the employers and arrested illegals first, then maybe benefits for illegals. Hopefully after 30 or 40 states do this the SAVE act will pass and that will finally save CA, nothing else will.

"gemini282"
    It's the schools fault for not demanding the ssn be checked and a stop be put to educating anybody who can hop a border because look how OUR children are suffering.

Is it the schools or higher up like the Board of Education and NCLB

Don't you think that 443 million from Los Angeles spent on IA welfare could have saved those jobs lost in the school district?
    YES I do!!!!
    My friend in CA is a 5th grade teacher and she says that85% are Mexican. She can't ask if the are legal.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Money and poverty is not the only two items on the plate. There are the grade point averages. Who can tell how they are calculated? Is the whole class lumped together as if everyone is college bound and an America Citizen?
    I think everything about grades is dumbed down to hit the expectations needed.
    I know my state lowered the expectations when scoring the gains in our retarded community at the institution.
    The schools need the government money and don't they have to hit certain numbers? I'm assuming so ..
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast