Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    [b]First off, how in the world was Saddam the biggest threat to us? He had nothing to do with 9/11, even Cheney finally admitted that. From what I heard he didn't get along with Al Queda and it wasn't in his country to any extent - until we opened the borders and let the problem in. (Seems to be something we are very good at doing.)

Anyone who thinks our presence in the ME, militarily and interference in governments over there, is not the reason they hate us, really needs to sit down and think about it.
    Saddam was financing terroist who would blow things up. Via those terrorist he could finance terrorist acts in the US. When they said 9/11 has taught us a lesson, they didn't mean Saddam was a force behind 9/11 and we needed to retaliate. What they meant is that it taught us that waiting for them to hit us first is stupid. What would happen if a nuke went off in New York? Should we wait until after it happens before doing anything about it? Doing that would be the same as playing Russian Roulette. It wouldn't be if it happens, but when it happens. Sooner or later you run out of empty chambers.

They hate us because of our freedom. They hate us because our women are hot looking and flaunt it. They hate us because we don't follow Sharia law. Nothing we can do will change that. Giving in to their demands won't placate them, for long. Things won't change until all the extremist are dead. We don't actually have to kill them all. Look at Iraq. We only have to kill a large enough percentage that the non-extremists would then be comfortable enough to start pointing out where the terrorist are. Most people just want to pay their rent and live their lives. Can't do that with these terrorists about.

Don't forget to read my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by kniggit

I don't keep up with Israel a lot - but when did Muslims take over most of Israel? Real question - not baiting and how did it happen?
    About 2000 years ago Israel was ruled by the Roman Empire. After the Romans crushed one of their revolts and destroyed the Temple, they cast the Jews out of Israel across the then known world. I guess Arabs migrated to Israel/Palestine in the interum. Since then most Jews have lived in what is called "diaspora," -- most living in Europe and the United States today. In 1948 the UN granted the land to European Jews who wanted a Jewish state in the region.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

US Declaration of War against Germany

December 11, 1941
    The President's Message

To the Congress of the United States:

On the morning of Dec. 11 the Government of Germany, pursuing its course of world conquest, declared war against the United States. The long-known and the long-expected has thus taken place. The forces endeavoring to enslave the entire world now are moving toward this hemisphere. Never before has there been a greater challenge to life, liberty and civilization. Delay invites great danger. Rapid and united effort by all of the peoples of the world who are determined to remain free will insure a world victory of the forces of justice and of righteousness over the forces of savagery and of barbarism. Italy also has declared war against the United States.

I therefore request the Congress to recognize a state of war between the United States and Germany, and between the United States and Italy.

Franklin D. Roosevelt
    The War Resolution

Declaring that a state of war exists between the Government of Germany and the government and the people of the United States and making provision to prosecute the same.

Whereas the Government of Germany has formally declared war against the government and the people of the United States of America:

Therefore, be it Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, that the state of war between the United States and the Government of Germany which has thus been thrust upon the United States is hereby formally declared; and the President is hereby authorized and directed to employ the entire naval and military forces of the government to carry on war against the Government of Germany; and to bring the conflict to a successful termination, all of the resources of the country are hereby pledged by the Congress of the United States
    So you see Ron Paul would have fully backed the invasion of Germany. These kinds of mistruths and twisted information is what I don't understand from Paul detractors.
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic

I don't keep up with Israel a lot - but when did Muslims take over most of Israel? Real question - not baiting and how did it happen?
    About 2000 years ago Israel was ruled by the Roman Empire. After the Romans crushed one of their revolts and destroyed the Temple, they cast the Jews out of Israel across the then known world. I guess Arabs migrated to Israel/Palestine in the interum. Since then most Jews have lived in what is called "diaspora," -- most living in Europe and the United States today. In 1948 the UN granted the land to European Jews who wanted a Jewish state in the region.
    Was the Roman era before or after the Jews had lost that big war vs Muslims in Jeruselum I've seen in a tv movie. Wish I remember the name, the king who became a metalsmith?

Quote Originally Posted by kniggit
    US Declaration of War against Germany

December 11, 1941
    The President's Message

To the Congress of the United States:

On the morning of Dec. 11 the Government of Germany, pursuing its course of world conquest, declared war against the United States. The long-known and the long-expected has thus taken place. The forces endeavoring to enslave the entire world now are moving toward this hemisphere. Never before has there been a greater challenge to life, liberty and civilization. Delay invites great danger. Rapid and united effort by all of the peoples of the world who are determined to remain free will insure a world victory of the forces of justice and of righteousness over the forces of savagery and of barbarism. Italy also has declared war against the United States.

I therefore request the Congress to recognize a state of war between the United States and Germany, and between the United States and Italy.

Franklin D. Roosevelt
    The War Resolution

Declaring that a state of war exists between the Government of Germany and the government and the people of the United States and making provision to prosecute the same.

Whereas the Government of Germany has formally declared war against the government and the people of the United States of America:

Therefore, be it Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, that the state of war between the United States and the Government of Germany which has thus been thrust upon the United States is hereby formally declared; and the President is hereby authorized and directed to employ the entire naval and military forces of the government to carry on war against the Government of Germany; and to bring the conflict to a successful termination, all of the resources of the country are hereby pledged by the Congress of the United States
    So you see Ron Paul would have fully backed the invasion of Germany. These kinds of mistruths and twisted information is what I don't understand from Paul detractors.
    I heard a rumor that Al Gore's father voted against this resolution. I wouldn't have been surprised if Ron Paul would've to if given the oppertunity. Not everyone was convinced that Germany was in fact out to control the world. We had a huge ocean between us and them and many in Congress would've voted against that resolution had Japan not bombed Pearl Harbor.

I don't think Ron Paul would have fully backed that war vs Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by slyhunter
    Was the Roman era before or after the Jews had lost that big war vs Muslims in Jeruselum I've seen in a tv movie. Wish I remember the name, the king who became a metalsmith?
    I think after. Was the war in the Old Testament era? Israel did not exist from the time the Romans cast the Jews into Diaspora (2000 years ago) until 1948. Islam did not come until I think several hundered years after the Romans crushed Israel. Wars before that time were with Arabs but not Muslims.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Actually the vote was unanimous in both houses
    December 11, 1941 88-0 393-0

But! There was one dissenting vote against the Declaration of War on Japan
    December 8, 1941 82-0 388-1
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

I would vote for Paul. No doubt about it. I am a strong supporter.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast