Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Are our American Sons Expendable?

I was driving to pick my son up from school this afternoon.
    He is twelve and amazing.
    And I heard on the radio an advertisement that I have heard thousands of times before.
    It was about registering for the draft. As I always do when it comes on, I counted the years....six years left. Six years left till they can take him.
    And as always my stomach did a flip flop.
    But this time I heard something I hadn't really paid attention to before.
    The female announcer said in a bright motherly voice, with not even a hint of a threat that failing to register for the draft at 18 in some states could cause you to lose your licence, be unable to go to college or in some cases not get a job.......................

(I bet I don't really have to finish now...I bet you are already there..but just in case, I will finish.....)

It hit me like a ton of bricks. Today, just today.....Illinois congress passed a bill onto Senate that will potentially give legal driving papers to illegals.

So let me get this straight.

Price of a job, a licence, or an education for a young American Citizen...
    the possibility that he may someday have to spill his blood on foreign soil.

The price of a job, a licence, or an education for a young illegal alien....
    well, nothing. In fact for not registering for the draft, for not obeying our laws, for not respecting our country, the young illegal will get a job with no taxes, social services, and if he has his way, that most highly prized priviledge of any immigrant ever coming to America in all of the years of this country..
    Citizenship.

Which leads me to ask. Are our young American sons expendable?
    Are they replaceable..in the work place, to the banks, to businesses, and to this government as voters?

Just do the math. I think the answer is pretty obvious.

But they are not expendable to us. Mine is not expendable to me.
    My post isn't a condemnation of war. I am a military vet as is my husband.
    It is more about the inequity forced onto the American citizen on our own soil by our own government and it is a travesty.

I understand how upset you must feel, and it upsets me too. Boys of 18 with green cards (the cards might be pink now, I think) also have to register for the draft. I suspect if a draft were announced, we would see a lot of pink card holders decide to return to Mexico, or whereever. I have read documents that purport to be ready when US reinstitutes the draft. As I recall, all people, boys/girls, men/women, up to age 42 would have to serve two years. Not that all females would go to foreign land--might be some
    sort of community service that would be "required". However, personally,
    I don't think a draft will be reinstituted, unless govt has access to the anchor baby boys (which they do now), and more to come. I have read that Latinos account for a large percentage of our current military, with the percentage
    expected to increase dramatically.

If there is a draft, and the police pick up someone and he isn't registered for the draft, I suspect he would either be inducted or jailed. Maybe I'm wrong. If there is a draft and the alien invader boys aren't drafted, it would be
    so they can be on drugs and provide money to drug lords who seem to
    be getting more and more power over our govt.

If I had a son, I think I might prefer he be drafted into the military rather
    than sacrificed to feed the cartels.

Banned
    Having 2 teenage boys myself, this post hit very close to home with me.

I've raised them to be willing to sacrifice themselves for this country, but I've also raised them to be able to tell the difference between one's country and one's government. As a parent, I've tried to teach my boys to use the brains God gave them. For the most part, they've listened.

Put it on my headstone.

I have 3 boys one of which is 14 now. In fact, my eldest is going to have ROTC next year in High School. My sons are very patriotic and would serve to defend our country from all aggression. I would rather have loyal Americans serving than illegal aliens who's loyalty is questionable and have little or no respect for our laws in America.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    I would rather have loyal Americans serving than illegal aliens who's loyalty is questionable and have little or no respect for our laws in America.
    Oh that is an absolute must!
    But I still think it is sad that there is such a backwards attitude about who should be given the best that America has to offer. Jobs, Education, and even the ability to drive.
    How can you deny an entire group of Legal American young men those opportunities if they don't register (I don't support not registering)
    and be so constant in telling the Americans how important it is that Illegals should get these things at no cost to them?
    It is that desparity that makes me so angry. If young American men do not follow the law, they are punished. If illegals do not respect the laws of this country, we ought to reward them? How does any of this backwards thinking make sense?

I agree ProudAmericanFamily. The illegal aliens should not be rewarded with anything except a one way ticket out of our country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)