Our Teflon Secretary of State

By Marilyn Assenheim / 15 November 2012

Unsurprisingly, The New York Times published yet another love letter to Mrs. Clinton on Sunday. They covered such hard hitting issues as: 1.) What career will Mrs. Clinton pursue next (reportedly, getting some sleep or “a decorating show” is a strong contender)? 2.) Whether, for a busy person like Mrs. Clinton, her “ride” (airplane) is plush enough? 3.) A scintillating account of her most recent one-day tour of Peru (she gave “many speeches and many television interviews” and had “a really long dinner but good… there were only, like, 8 or 10 people there”) 4.) The continuing importance of the “empowerment of women” in South America and elsewhere. 5.) What are her favorite TV shows? “Love It or List It” is, apparently, very “Clintonesque” and the top contender. None of that is a joke. You get the picture. In a two-page, on-line article, not once was there even a whiff of a Benghazi related question.

The “main stream” media is doing its dead-level best to wipe Benghazi from the public’s consciousness. It shouldn’t be too difficult a task since they’ve been fairly successful in keeping this disgraceful scandal out of the public’s eye in the first place. The latest swill that is supposed to occupy the public’s attention is Mr. Petraeus’s extra-marital affair.

As most of the civilized world now knows, Mr. Petraeus, in an astounding feat of convenience to the administration, resigned his post as head of the C.I.A. because of it. The resulting stink, an accurate description in more ways than one, is kept front and center. The current and impending administration contends that Mr. Petraeus, because he is no longer in the employ of the C.I.A., cannot testify. Mercifully, the House seems to be insisting that he does testify. We’ll see how that plays out. But what of our Secretary of State?

Mrs. Clinton has refused to appear in front of the Congressional committee investigating Benghazi. The reason? She has a “prior commitment”, a “very important” conference taking place in Australia. This fact was listed on The Drudge Report for exactly one day.

Despite her disastrous tenure as Secretary of State Mrs. Clinton has been acknowledged as the most traveled Secretary of State in America’s history. Frequent flyer miles alone are considered to be another enhancement of her phantom achievements.

Perhaps this would be good time for a quick refresher of Mrs. Clinton’s genuine resume: Travelgate, Filegate, criminal activities regarding cattle futures and her activities in the Rose Law Firm. It has been stated that had Hillary Clinton not been First Lady at the time she would not have escaped prosecution. Mrs. Clinton’s carpet- bagging term as Senator of the state of New York. She has been cited by those closest to her as a “monster.”

While her husband occupied the White House as president, Mrs. Clinton said “We are the President.” In short, her … um … binder, contains nothing. Yet, Mrs. Clinton is told that she has an obligation to be the nation’s first, female president. She apparently responded with her “trademark, H.C. chortle”. That would be the sound most of us know as her “grating whinny”. Mrs. Clinton’s verbal responses? “I have no idea what I’m going to do next” and “Oh, I’ve ruled it out but you know me.” Yes, Mrs. Clinton, some of us know you all too well.

The result of the presidential election last week demonstrates how far the electorate’s reasoning ability has fallen. Instead of being stripped of any credibility, The New York Times article contends that Mrs. Clinton would be “the most prepared candidate for the presidency in American history” and that, according to Politico, her chances for election in 2016 have a 58% favorability rating. The great Mark Levin recently suggested that, instead, Mrs. Clinton and our president should be wearing orange jumpsuits. No argument here. But how to stop that annoying horselaugh from being on us, is the real question.

We are informed that Mrs. Clinton has a “responsibility” to run for president in 2016, to be the first female president. In response to these assertions Mrs. Clinton apparently responded with her “patented HC chuckle”. Most of us know that chuckle as Mrs. Clinton’s grating bray. Her verbal responses? “I don’t know what I’m going to do next” and “I’ve ruled it out but you know me.” Oh, yes, Mrs. Clinton, we certainly do know.

Image: courtesy of www.securityconference.de; author Frank Plitt; Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Germany license.

Read more: Our Teflon Secretary of State

Oh my!!!! The Goose and the Gander.....I Guess their gooses aren't cooked after all....
58% favor-ability rating , now who do you suppose took that one!!!! The goose or the gander...