Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Out of State Tuition Overcharge

I wanted to share my news that after fighting with the college since February, they refunded the out of state portion of my tuition.

If you have attended Georgia colleges where they allowed illegal aliens to have in state tuition, I would encourage you to also get your refund. I'd be happy to share any info I have with anyone who needs it.

They will at first tell you no, they don't base it on residency....but when you see the actual policy..there isn't one. INSIST on your money back.
    We are entitled to be treated equally.

WELCOME, JanInGeorgia, appreciated the info, those lowsey skunks!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Jan,
    You should write a letter to the eidtor of your local paper and tell your news stations about it as well. Spread the Word.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

you've got to be joking. He wouldn't print anything about this. This is DALTON -

But I did send a copy of the letter from the school to several members of the press who I had spoken with during the fight. If I see anything in print from it, I'll let you know. My story was printed in the AJC comparing it to an illegal alien a few weeks ago. I sent it to the reporter. News media doesn't want to hear about this...unless its an illegal alien who is paying 4 times as much as an American.

PS: The story ran in in Metro section of the Atlanta Constitution Journal of 5-29-07 or 5-30-07 but it doesn't appear to be online any longer so I couldn't include the link.

I wanted to share my news that after fighting with the college since February, they refunded the out of state portion of my tuition.
    ...nice work JanInGeorgia. I hope the word gets out to everyone. These victories all add up. BTW, send your story to any talk conservative show hosts you'd like. I'm sure they'll be interested.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Looks like there's going to be lots of reporters around here real soon!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,192616,00.html

We are praying for the success of the Mohawk employees as well.

I had a problem with Miami Dade Community College involving my relative who was under her mom's visa. They first wanted to charge her out of state fees and when they found out dad had residency and mom a work visa they changed it to international student fees but the illegal Columbian who followed got the same fee as Americans. We were disguisted by this. I am contemplating trying to go with her and hiding a tape recorder in my purse and see if the same things occur again. It would be excellant proof for the media if it reoccurred.

Does Florida have a written law regarding tuition for illegal aliens?
    Ask to see the college's written policy. And the Board of Regents policy.
    Don't take anyone at their word. Here, they had openly stated in the press that they provided in-state tuition to illegal aliens. Are there any records of something like that?

You are entitled to be treated equally to someone who isn't supposed to be here in the first place. At the very least, you should pay the same amount. Don't take no for an answer!