Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Petition against blasphemy of Islam in Holland

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/3150 ... html?p=3,1

partial translation of article:

PvdA council member supporting radical club

Now it has become evident that also PvdA council member Hatice Can-Engin [her turkish name] from Gilze-Rijen [the name of the dutch town] has signed a radical petition against blasphemy of islam. The Hizb ut-Tahrir [HuT] organisation which is behind this petition has supporters who think Holland is ripe for a bomb attack.

Burgomaster René Roep (CDA) of this Brabant town confirms that Can-Engin put her name on this petition, according to De Pers. Earlier, this turkish-origin council member denied to have signed the petition. In the meantime, Can-Engin has expressed her regret.

Last weekend, the Het Vrije Volk website announced that her name was on the signees' list. 'She is totally flipped out', says Roep. On his behalf, the police do research in direction of the organisation behind it.

Hizb ut-Tahrir ('Liberation Party') thinks the entire world must end under
    the flag of islam. The AIVD [secret service] has communicated earlier that
    the organisation consists of moslem radicals.

Chairman Okay Pala said recently vis-a-vis the Telegraaf: 'All those guys
    insulting us hide behind freedom of speech. Exactly this is the problem. We do not agree with freedom of speech, for we reject democracy! Our
    alternative is islam. There is no middle course: We choose absolute truth,
    Allah's word.'

The petition which HuT is circulating contains many radical statements, like the remark 'that Holland needs a bomb attack'. Can-Engin was director of Inspraakorgaan Turken [= turkish participation institution] for years, but says not to know HuT.

According to De Pers, also PvdAers Najia Siamari (IJsselstein) and Bouchra Ismaili (Rotterdam) committed the error to sign the petition.

Ehsan Jami had to leave the party for criticising islam. De Pers asks: 'How
    about a club like Hizb ut-Tahrir then?'

Can-Engin has in the meantime distanced herself from her signature. 'I
    signed this message because I attach much importance to dialogue and harmony in dutch society. Because I attach so much importance to democracy, dialogue and harmony, I now distance myself totally from that organisation', according to the PvdA politician.

According to the PvdA, the matter is closed with this statement.

------------------------

'All those guys insulting us hide behind freedom of speech?' If you don't like criticism of Islam then move back to the backwards, 7th century, third world, Islamofacist theocracy you came from. Don't try to eliminate free speech to protect YOUR faith from being insulted.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Osama bin laddin once told his followers "may you each have a camel in your bedroom for your pleasure""