Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

You guys are the best! I truly appreciate the kinds words and prayers being offered for our Bubby. Called the vet this morning, and Bubby is running a fever of 103.9. Normal cat temp. is 102.5. He is not eating and they did begin a medicine for his liver. He can't come home until the fever is normal and he eats a little. Maybe tomorrow, he can come home. I don't know what the future holds, but I am trustng God to bring something good out of all this mess. I tend to hold everything in, a trick I learned taking care of my dying parents because I was the caregiver and the "strong" one. It is good to unburden ones self and share we such terrific people like yinz. I will keep updating as I get more info. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerbabe
    He is not eating and they did begin a medicine for his liver. He can't come home until the fever is normal and he eats a little.
    Have you asked your vet about inserting a feeding tube? They make a small incision in the side of the neck, then you feed your cat by liquifying the food and using a large syringe to move it through the tube into the stomach.

It's not as bad as it sounds, and it gets your cat home sooner. You don't want to have your cat go without eating for very long. My cat didn't mind the tube at all.

I hope all goes well for you.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Spoke with vet at 6:30 tonight and Bubby is still running a fever. It got up to 104.2 today. When they cool his fluids, his temp. starts to go down but if they give him regular fluids the temp spikes. They suspect a liver infection. One of his liver counts should be 100 and it's 269. On Tuesday, he had a high whie blood cell count indicating infection. He is on two different antibiotics. Still not eating but the vet said he is a little perkier today. Hasn't vomited today either. He might be able to home come tomorrow if he progresses. The meter just keeps going ka-ching, ka-ching I feel like crawling into bed and sleeping 36 hours straight and I'm not much of a sleeper. Thanks again and hopefully I will have good news tomorrow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12