Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Police: Armed man arrested during Obama address

Police: Armed man arrested during Obama address

The Associated Press
    2:47 p.m. September 10, 2009

WASHINGTON — U.S. Capitol Police have arrested a Virginia man they say tried to drive into a secure area near the Capitol with a shotgun and rifle in his car as the president gave his health care address to Congress.

Joshua Bowman, 28, of Falls Church, Va., was arrested around 8 p.m. Wednesday and charged with two counts of possession of an unregistered firearm and one count of unlawful possession of ammunition. Each carries a possible one-year jail sentence and $1,000 fine.

Bowman's intentions were unclear, said police spokeswoman Sgt. Kimberly Schneider, but the U.S. Attorney's Office in Washington decided against prosecuting him on more serious charges, said spokesman Benjamin Friedman.

Schneider said Bowman approached a security checkpoint near the Cannon House Office Building in a four-door Honda Civic and told officers he wanted to park.

People who want to drive into the area must have a permit and have their vehicles searched. The timing of the request raised an officer's suspicion, Schneider said, and Bowman consented to a vehicle search.

A shotgun, rifle and 500 rounds of ammunition were found in Bowman's trunk, said Erica Stanley, a spokeswoman for the District of Columbia mayor's office.

A telephone directory lists a Joshua Bowman in Falls Church, but the telephone rang unanswered Thursday afternoon.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/ ... dex=163629
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

No one can be that stupid to attempt to go thru a checkpoint with unlicensed weapons in their car, can they?

There's got to be more to this story.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

It's hunting season down here and maybe he just got lost.

What kind of charge is unlawful possession of amo?

Maybe something, maybe nothing.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dixie wrote: "It's hunting season down here and maybe he just got lost."

OMG, Dixie, I'm rolling on the floor and my stomach hurts from laughing!!! You always have just the "right touch of humor"!!!! Thank you for brightening my day!

oh oh i hear the foot steps coming...

oops, its the ADL and the SPLC coming out to spew hate again

Quote Originally Posted by American-ized
    Dixie wrote: "It's hunting season down here and maybe he just got lost."

OMG, Dixie, I'm rolling on the floor and my stomach hurts from laughing!!! You always have just the "right touch of humor"!!!! Thank you for brightening my day!

Dixie