Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 28 injured and suspect in custody

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 28 injured and suspect in custody

Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 28 injured and suspect in custody

Published February 25, 2017 FoxNews.com

Car crashes into Mardi Gras crowd, injuring at least twelve

NEW ORLEANS – A suspect is in custody after 28 people were injured on Saturday night when a vehicle plowed into a crowd watching a parade in the Mid-City section of New Orleans, police said.

Police Chief Michael Harrison said in a press conference after the incident that the suspect, who was traveling in the opposite direction of the parade and struck two vehicles, veered off to the other side from the parade, hitting a number of pedestrians before coming to a stop.

The suspect was described by Harrison as "highly intoxicated"; he is being investigated and is at the DWI office.

Twenty-one people were hospitalized after the crash with five victims in guarded condition. Seven others declined to be hospitalized, city Emergency Services Director, Dr. Jeff Selder said.

One police officer stuck by a vehicle, but her injuries do not appear to be life threatening, according to Harrison.

When asked if this was terror related, Harrison said:

"Again, it appears it was a subject who was highly intoxicated who struck a number of vehicles and veered off hitting a number of innocent people."

A source in the parish government told Fox News earlier in the evening that the suspect was intoxicated and was shouting "kill me" as he was being taken away.

Emergency personnel tended to the injured as the parade rolled on nearby.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/25...n-custody.html
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Wow, that's just horrible. That's like what happened in Las Vegas not too long ago, I forget who that was or what the motive was, I think a hate filled person who did it on purpose there. Strange it would happen again at the Mardi Gras. I hope everyone pulls through. So sad. Everyone there for a wonderful time and to be run over like that is just unbelievable.

New Orleans police might want to look at closing off the streets with better barriers to prevent cars from being able to reach the crowds like this.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

When they have parades in Boston now they use the dump trucks along the route to prevent that from happening. The one in Las Vegas was intentional I remember that story I do believe it was a woman. Drunk or not that could have been prevented if New Orleans had taken further action to protect those people.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn