Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Police combat toddler ID thefts

Police combat toddler ID thefts
    June 25th, 2008 @ 2:15pm
    by KPHO.com

Increasing numbers of Valley children are becoming victims of identity theft and families often don't find out until it's too late, police said.

In one instance, Vagillian Walters, 19, a student at the University of Arizona, had her Social Security number stolen by the time she was 6 years old.

"It's shown that I've been working since I was 6 years old, which is not the case," Walters said.

Walters said she's found getting a job is tough.

"People would show up using my number and name, and I'm being questioned," she said. "But in reality, it's my number. I'm the real Vagillian Walters."

Detectives said more than a dozen names are attached to Walters' Social Security number. One woman, Martina Gutierrez, appears to have used it for years, police said.

"It was actually a bold move, to continue a lifestyle using someone else's Social Security number without worry about ever being stopped," said Detective Steve Woytus of the Phoenix Police Department.

Investigators said they followed the paper trail and found Gutierrez opened checking accounts, credit cards, purchased two trucks and a car, and bought a house in Phoenix, then sold it and upgraded to another house in El Mirage.

"I was pretty upset," Walters said. "I wanted to know, 'Why my name? Why can't they go get their own?'"

Detectives said they are still looking for Gutierrez. They said they don't know yet how Walters' Social Security number was stolen.

http://ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=878260
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Police combat

Illegal Aliens steal social security numbers because they can and there is not much threat of getting caught, as this story proves.
    Until those who are sworn to protect American citizens DO SOMETHING to protect Social Security numbers, this will continue.
    Even the Social Security administration refuses to notify someone if their number is used in numerous locations. How stupid is that? Who are they protecting? The privileged Hispanic illegal immigrants who are above the law? Certainly not legal citizens.

I have been told that many of these illegals will simply use the social security number of their anchor babies. I'm not sure how it works, but I suppose there are plenty of companies out there who simply want you to provide a number and have no intention of verifying the number.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)