Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Greg,

The Patriot Act is 132 pages long (in 10 point type), and was passed by both Houses of Congress and signed into law within 45 days of Sept.11, 2001. The Bill was voted on without any of our Senators or Congressmen having the time to even read it, let alone comprehend it's sweeping Executive Branch power grab.

In fact, the speed at which this bill was produced leads me to believe that it was already written, (a fantasy fulfillment piece for the neo-cons) and waiting only for our own version of The Reichstag Fire to become a VERY BAD law.

You really should read it before spouting it's 'benefits', somebody might then be able to take you seriously.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    Greg,

The Patriot Act is 132 pages long (in 10 point type), and was passed by both Houses of Congress and signed into law within 45 days of Sept.11, 2001. The Bill was voted on without any of our Senators or Congressmen having the time to even read it, let alone comprehend it's sweeping Executive Branch power grab.

In fact, the speed at which this bill was produced leads me to believe that it was already written, (a fantasy fulfillment piece for the neo-cons) and waiting only for our own version of The Reichstag Fire to become a VERY BAD law.

You really should read it before spouting it's 'benefits', somebody might then be able to take you seriously.
    The reason that the bill was basically ready-made was that it was introduced in nearly identical form by the Clinton administration as the Clinton Antiterrorism Bill. At that time, it was rejected by the Republicans but gained almost unanimous support from the Dems. Unfortunately, the Republicans were able to be duped into voting for the damned thing in the wave of patriotic fervor that followed 9/11. I will never forgive those who voted for this disastrous piece of unconstitutional nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Greg,

The reason that the bill was basically ready-made was that it was introduced in nearly identical form by the Clinton administration as the Clinton Antiterrorism Bill. At that time, it was rejected by the Republicans but gained almost unanimous support from the Dems. Unfortunately, the Republicans were able to be duped into voting for the damned thing in the wave of patriotic fervor that followed 9/11. I will never forgive those who voted for this disastrous piece of unconstitutional nonsense.
    I Agree with both of you,
    That was the excuse to start implementing Mr. Boosh and his thugs, reigned .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by minnie
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Greg,

I Agree with both of you,
    That was the excuse to start implementing Mr. Boosh and his thugs, reigned .
    Remember that Clinton tried the same thing with the first WTC attack and later the Waco situation and the Murrah Building attack (if it was in fact an attack). If there is one trick that has been used consistently by tyrants throughout history, it is the manufacture of a ruse or the manipulation of events in order to justify the disarming of the populace and the restriction of rights along with the expansion of governmental power.

More voices about the case..

http://www.policestate21.com/index.html

The BBC Joins The Ranks Of The Untrustworthy United States Media
    More than five years after the disaster of September 11, 2001, England’s BBC stepped into the ring of media outlets airing programs about the tragedy that is now referred to as “9/11” on February 18, 2007. The program, entitled “9/11: The Conspiracy Files,” took the time to interview some well-known Americans on both sides of the 9/11 argument. The hour-long program looked as if it might reveal something worthwhile, for about nine minutes. Guests like the outspoken Alex Jones, 911 Scholars for Truth Co-Founder Dr. Jim Fetzer, and Loose Change producer Dylan Avery actually got to make several excellent points before the real conspiracy was revealed

it is the manufacture of a ruse or the manipulation of events in order to justify the disarming of the populace and the restriction of rights along with the expansion of governmental power.
    Amen! Why does what is "good for us" or "safe for us" many times clamp down on OUR freedoms.

This is one reason this Internet thingy is so valuable. Their willing accompliches , the MSM, can't quite so easily help dictate "national" stories or events as easily.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Banned
    Greg,

Comparing this Patriot Act to the Nazi Germany, what ever. No comment
    Thanks for the advice I take it under advisement and file it away somewhere. At this point I don’t really know you, so where I file it hasn’t been decided yet. A maybe the file after 12 … who knows….

I wasn’t spouting, I meant maybe just maybe, Id missed something more important,something other then some extreme liberals assumptions. I’ve have read it three times now, and Yes I have read the Act, All of It. I have a copy of it on my desk.

The bill entirely, what’s the big stink all about???
    Other then people might get inconvenienced at the airport from time to time.
    I say great. I agree that parts off the Bill may indirectly affect you, me, and the rest of America. putting us out from a time with out good reasoning or cause, is better then being killed at the hands of someone we don’t catch before its to late….

It’s the guys that certain parts of the Patriot Act catch, that I would believe is effected mostly. And in a positive way. they arer stoped tried, and convected.
    IF YOU DO NO WRONG, WHY WORRY.

It works, I cant listen or take the stuff about the prewriting of the bill and our government knew about 9-11 first before hand, yada- yada- yada.
    It may have been pre written, but big deal. Maybe we should have had it before;
    maybe just maybe, no body would have died that fateful day in September.

Hind sight is twenty twenty, thinking along the lines that the government has it in for us cause someone says the Patriot Act was a ploy to turn our country in to a police state is more noise than I’ll listen too. Thinking along the lines, we will never trust any form of our government. Has any body been picked up and held on this stuff, unjustly, I haven’t been and I don’t believe any one I know has been. But a lot of bad people have been jailed for violation of serious crimes due to the Act.

Most conservatives and liberals feel the way you guys do barking out about this..... so I’m good with your opinions and we can agree to disagree. I will agree only, if the Patriot Act is misused it violates Americans rights and cause mass problems.
    Proper use on other hand, if we follow it protects us. I don’t know any thing about it being written before 9/11 or any other BS. Stuff, which is what that is, BS.

I can feel confident and safe in my opinion, and walk away from this thread. Knowing I’m right , nothing new has come up to change my mind. I don’t agree with Ron Paul, and I didn’t agree back then. Its for the most part stoping crimes of terror in this country we should be glad we have it..... What is actully done by the good guys with it, is another issue...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GREG
    IF YOU DO NO WRONG, WHY WORRY.
    Why worry? Because every populace eventually elects a tyrant or a criminal. If you would not want the mafia to exercise the powers granted by the Patriot Act, then it's a bad idea. If you think of the worst person you can imagine winning the Presidency and you wouldn't want that person wielding these poswer, then it's a bad idea. If you hold your courage for defending your liberties is greater than your cowardice in the face of terrorists, then it's a bad idea. If you have the intelligence God gave a grapefruit, then it's a bad idea.

GREG, maybe you should try reading some of the writings of the nation's founders in answer to your question.

What, me worry?

Quote Originally Posted by GREG
    Knowing I’m right , nothing new has come up to change my mind.
    The only thing worse than "knowing" you're right when you're dead wrong is declaring your intransigence in that opinion. You can call all contrary opinions "BS" until the cows come home, but the fact of the previous attempt to pass most of the provisions of the PATRIOT Act as the Clinton Antiterror Act is a matter of historical record.

PINE
    the Patriot act, if memory serves {I've READ THE MASSIVE BUNCH OF CRAP} is almost 500 pgs.

greg
    it would behoove you to back off of the insulting drivel such as you directed towards PINE.

You want to file something in the trash, go for it. It's your perogative.
    However, having read your little jibber jabber up there, it smacks of a back door, poor attempt at ridicule. As I remember, you've pulled that little cutesy trick several times with others that you might not have agreed with.

What makes it even more disturbing is that you have the audacity to direct that attitude towards an Alipac Mod who's been around a fairly long time, unlike yourself, and has a very honorable reputation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AlturaCt
    Amen! Why does what is "good for us" or "safe for us" many times clamp down on OUR freedoms.

This is one reason this Internet thingy is so valuable. Their willing accompliches , the MSM, can't quite so easily help dictate "national" stories or events as easily.
    ALTURA
    on the light side........I just want you to know that I'm a very happy camper to see that I'm not the only one to use the word -- THINGY
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast