Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Poll: Cain surges, opens up 20-point lead on Romney

Poll: Cain surges, opens up 20-point lead on Romney

By Alexis Levinson - The Daily Caller | The Daily Caller – 10/07/2011

In news sure to inject shock and awe into the Republican political primary season, a Zogby poll released Thursday showed Herman Cain leading the Republican field, topping former front-runner Mitt Romney by an astonishing 20 points. Cain would also narrowly edge out Obama in a general election, the poll found, by a 46 percent“44 margin.

Romney, the former Massachusetts governor, would lose by a point to the president, 40 percent to 41 percent. Texas governor Rick Perry, who has slipped in the polls of late, would lose to the president 45 percent to 40 percent.

The poll found that 38 percent of Republican primary voters said they would vote for Cain if the primary were held today. Eighteen percent said they would throw their support to Romney, while 12 percent each said they would vote for Perry and Texas congressman Ron Paul. No other candidate attracted double-digit support.

This is the second month in a row in which Zogby has found Cain leading the pack; he has surged another 10 points ahead of his competitors since September. Romney, on the other hand, has remained in the same place, while Perry’s share of the primary vote in the Zogby poll has steadily declined since he announced his candidacy in August.

Other pollsters have found Cain at or near the top of the field, with Fox News declaring him a top-tier candidate following its poll last week. That poll found Cain had 17 percent of the vote, trailing Perry by just two points and Romney by five.

A CBS News poll released Tuesday found Romney and Cain tied at 17 percent, with Perry trailing at 12 percent; a YouGov/Economist poll released Thursday found Cain leading with 21 percent, four points ahead of Romney.

Though many have questioned Cain’s viability as a legitimate candidate, voters are clearly giving him another look.

The IBOPE Zogby International poll is based on an online October 3�“5 survey of 1,581 voters, with a margin of error of plus or minus 2.5 percentage points. The sample of likely Republican primary voters included 796 Americans, and has an margin of error of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/poll-cain-surges- ... 15440.html
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

RELATED

Rick Perry Is Finished
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-250697-0-da ... rasc-.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Six hours after we sent this out, the term "rick perry is finished" now appears on over 1,700 websites and is running in major newspapers across America this weekend...
    http://www.google.com/#q=%22One+nationa ... 80&bih=799

GO ALIPAC!
    W
    ALIPAC: After Third Debate, It's a Perry Pile-On
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-250715-0-da ... rasc-.html

[quote][i][b]A press release from the Americans for Legal Immigration PAC — entitled “Rick Perry is Finishedâ€
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Even though I really like what Cain says at the debates and I think he's a great speaker - I won't vote for anyone that doesn't have a voting record.

There are a lot of people who are good speakers and say what we want to hear - but when they get in office they don't do it.

I would also like to point out the double standard that the media has - it is always saying any potential Woman candidate (Palin, Bachmann, etc) doesn't have enough experience and here we have a candidate with NO experience and no one is saying a thing!

Cain should run for Congress - being President is NOT a beginning position!

the news that Perry has dropped so much is great news.

added to the homepage and going out to our national network now!

http://www.alipac.us/article-6657-thread-1-0.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    the news that Perry has dropped so much is great news.
    Yes it is. Now I think we can really say he's finished.
    LGBTQ (Let's Get Biden To Quit)

Herman Cain has a record all the way back to his early days. He has a solid conservative record and has supported conservative bills and causes his whole life. He would make a great president and with someone like Gingrich, who has a wealth of knowledge, as VP, he would carry this country forward.

I agree - I don't like Perry at all and am happy people figured out he was a phony

previous post

You are being too politically correct in calling a phony. I can think of other names to call him. Lying globalist among them. The man is just plain dumb. The only way the GOP can hope to keep him in the running is to keep his mouth shut. His ignorance shows every time. It is just downright embarassing for Texans that this man is even holding office.

Quote Originally Posted by gofer
    Herman Cain has a record all the way back to his early days. He has a solid conservative record and has supported conservative bills and causes his whole life. He would make a great president and with someone like Gingrich, who has a wealth of knowledge, as VP, he would carry this country forward.
    What are Cain's views on illegal immigration? Does he support amnesty for illegals? I don't know.

I think Gingrich favors amnesty if I remember correctly. Also, he seems like a Neocon to me - supporting a lot of foreign intervention like Bush and I believe he's a globalist. Not to mention, on the character level, I think I remember hearing Gingrich left his wife for another woman when his wife was dying of cancer. To me, that's just not cool
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

presidential GOP field

You are correct on all of them about Gingrich, just another Bush GOPer. They are not going to give up on their globalisation and open borders, it is going to take a Washington outsider to get us out of this mess they created. Maybe Cain is the answer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast