Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Poll on Gas Price Solution Crisis

With gasoline prices rising, my frustration with the Democrat Senate leadership is also rising. We aren't doing enough to address the gas price crisis in both the short and the long term. Do you agree? My team and I are going to get to the heart of the matter with a survey later this week discussing solutions to our energy crisis, but in the meantime I want to know if you agree it's time for solutions, not partisan politics. Please complete this quick one question poll.

Click here and help me send a message to Washington:
    http://www.jiminhofe.com/blog/Read.aspx ... e67812c67f

From Washington,
    Jim Inhofe
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bottom line on energy

Why not send an email or letter to your Senators and Congressman (they are easy to find), and ask how he/she voted on these issues? I cannot verify the accuracy of the numbers, but believe them to be true based on all I have read, heard, or seen on TV. You may get a generic response but it will give them one more opinion to count. Bill J

WHO'S TO BLAME FOR HIGH GAS PRICES?

For several decades, the Democratic Party has pursued policies designed to drive up the cost of petroleum, and therefore gas at the pump. Remarkably, the Democrats don't seem to have taken much of a political hit from the current spike in gas prices. Probably that's because most people don't realize how different the two parties' energy policies have been.

Congressman Roy Blunt put together these data to highlight the differences between House Republicans and House Democrats on energy policy:

ANWR Exploration

House Republicans: 91% Supported

House Democrats: 86% Opposed

Coal-to-Liquid
    House Republicans: 97% Supported
    House Democrats: 78% Opposed

Oil Shale Exploration
    House Republicans: 90% Supported
    House Democrats: 86% Opposed

Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) Exploration
    House Republicans: 81% Supported
    House Democrats: 83% Opposed

Refinery Increased Capacity
    House Republicans: 97% Supported
    House Democrats: 96% Opposed

SUMMARY

91% of House Republicans have historically voted to increase the production of American-made oil and gas.

86% of House Democrats have historically voted against increasing the production of American-made oil and gas.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just a couple points...

1. The gov't has revised it's earlier estimation methods to match the 2008 ones. Check out your present or future vehicle here: http://www.fueleconomy.gov

2. 25+ years ago, I bought a brand new Honda Civic 1981 (?) with a 4 cyl, 1500cc engine w/manual 5-spd transmission. I carefully estimated it's MPG as over 45+ on a highway trip. I can't see any gasoline vehicle that achieves that mileage in the 2008 official govt estimates ( - at least no Hondas are there...)

3. The trends toward fuel efficiency have been lagging badly. There is no good reason for little or no progress, and there is even LESS of a reason for actual back-sliding on the subject. Yet, if you follow the MPG of certain makes/models of gas-powered vehicles, you'll see that is *exactly* what has happened over the last 15-20 years or so.

4. For the record, I have no problem with drilling in ANWAR - so long as it's done responsibly. I'd also like to see more work done to convert coal/shale into oils and diesel - to help take pressure off the gasoline supply problem, as well as, go all out to develop either the hydrogen/fuel cell technology and (once again), field a viable electric car, even if only good for urban commuting.

From what I understand Phrede, America is the OPEC of coal. We are already using coal to liquid for military fuel. So the technology is there. It's the to get it done and get it out of the ground. Think of the jobs it would create. We are starving the world with the insane idea or corn to fuel and our food prices are skyrocketing. If we think GREEN is an innocuous agenda, we are wrong. This Green agenda is creating havoc on our economy and making people like Al Gore wealthy.