Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Protest of 911 Mosque

Excelsior! Upwards of Eight Thousand Protest 911 Mega Mosque on D Day!
    Despite weather forecasts of thunderstorms and rain, the skies were clear and beautiful -- but not as beautiful as this patriotic crowd of great Americans and Europeans. It was a real cross section of humanity .......... ever race, creed, color and religion were out in all their glory.

Robert and I were expecting 500; imagine our wonder when close to 5,000 showed up. This is just the beginning. We are going to sue to designate the Burlington building a war memorial. There is a large piece of an airplane in that building. That is a war memorial. Instead of a mega mosque at ground zero, let's build a 911 war memorial to the victims. The current plan for a 911 museum is several floors underground, like a dungeon. And the mosque plan calls for the mosque to be on the top floor, looking down triumphantly on the burial ground of Ground Zero.

I don't think so. The Burlington building must be a war memorial, an historic landmark. We will sue to make that happen. We will protest again in September and stage sit-ins in front of the mosque should they try to break ground. Three thousand good and decent Americans did not die in vain.

The gathering crowd

Second floor of the Burger King across the street from the rally

American Sheepdogs with an SIOA banner down the block, across the street, right outside Charley's.

There was little big media there, which indicates how biased they are against the American people. NY News actually ran four segments repeatedly of the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgendered parade since I got home. And Fox is running ....get this -- Greta Van Susteren's years old interview with Natalee Holloway's murderer.

But there were loads of bloggers like El Marco, Pamela Hall, etc. I will update with their extraordinary work and photojournalism.

Robert's reportage is here:
    They started showing up long before the rally began at noon today. They came from Washington state, California, Texas, Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Maine, South Carolina, Florida, and elsewhere. They were Christians, Jews, Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, atheists, Muslims of conscience. They were lovers of freedom.

An hour before the rally began, they numbered 1,000. Zuccotti Park's owners sided with the Islamic supremacists and withdrew their permit to allow us to gather there, and so the police repeatedly requested that people leave the park and move into the pens that the police had set up at Church and Liberty streets. Before noon, however, the pens were full -- and so, with free citizens having every legal right to be in the park, the park became a site for the rally despite the best efforts of its clueless dhimmi owners.

By the time the rally was in full swing, the crowd filled the pens, the park, and the other side of the street. Police estimated that 5,000 people were there, and other estimates ranged as high as 10,000. The crowd carried signs expressing their love for freedom, their contempt for Sharia, and their anger at Islamic supremacism and insult to the memories of those murdered on 9/11 that this mosque represents.

And we had a full spectrum of top quality speakers. There were 9/11 family members, including C. Lee Hanson, who lost his son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter on 9/11. There were people who experienced the oppression of Sharia firsthand, such as the Egyptian ex-Muslim Nonie Darwish, the Sudanese ex-slave Simon Deng, and the Hindu human rights activist Babu Suseelan. There was Dennis McKenna, who worked recovering remains from the ruins of the World Trade Center; Alan T. DeVona, the patrol sergeant on duty on September 11, 2001; and Keith LeBow, an ironworker who was one of the first responders on the scene on September 11. There was Herb London of the Hudson Institute and Beverly Carlson of the Band of Mothers -- and a host of other speakers, all lovers of America and lovers of freedom.

The theme among all the speakers was common: the mosque is an insult to the Americans who were murdered there. It is a manifestation of a radically intolerant belief system that is incompatible with the freedoms guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution. And even with all the political elites against us, and the mainstream media indifferent or compromised (5,000 to 10,000 people at the rally, and no mainstream media coverage!), we will prevail. All we have on our side is the truth.

Pamela Geller did interviews with Al-Jazeera, AP, Chilean television, Italian television and many others; I was interviewed by Italian television and TV Asia. ABC? NBC? CBS? CNN? Even FOX? AWOL.

And the truth is powerful. The forecast had called for rain, but it didn't start raining in New York until after the rally had broken up. Many took it as a sign that we represented the cause of right and justice. And even with all the indifference of the politicians and the media, we sent a signal today: we will not let this injustice stand. We will be rallying again in September, and again when construction begins on the mega-mosque. We will be filing suit against the Federal Government, asking that the Burlington Coat Factory site where the mega-mosque is going to be built be designated a war memorial, a la Pearl Harbor, Gettysburg, etc., because of the part of one of the 9/11 airplanes that crashed into the roof there, and that is in the makeshift mosque that Muslims are using there now.

And above all: we will never give up.
    http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In order for me to decide which side to support on this I would need to know which Moslem group is building the Mosque. There were innocent Moslems in the buildings and passengers on the planes
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    In order for me to decide which side to support on this I would need to know which Moslem group is building the Mosque. There were innocent Moslems in the buildings and passengers on the planes
    I could give one flying leap... It is just wrong to build anything Moslem there.

Quote Originally Posted by hardlineconstitutionalist
    I could give one flying leap... It is just wrong to build anything Moslem there.
    I AGREE, to me building a Mosque anywhere near the site is blasphemy!

Please vote! http://www.cnn.com/ (on the right and scroll down - look for "Quick Vote")

Should a mosque be built near Ground Zero?

Yes55%1012325

No45%838688

Total votes: 1851013

Read Related Articles
    This is not a scientific poll
    Yes
    55%
    No
    45%
    Total votes: 1988361

Read Related Articles
    Yes 54% 1338140
    No 46% 1143499
    Total votes: 2481639
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I AGREE, to me building a Mosque anywhere near the site is blasphemy!
    Whether or not a group of Moslems can build a Mosque has to be judged case by case. This forum has the democracy of a subway car I do not care what the ignorant bigots who can log on and post their opinion think.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Build a mosque at Ground Zero?

OOOooh I see, poor little loser, just like all the others like your 'kind' you resort to calling those who don't agree with you names and making false accusations by saying that they are 'bigots', oh wow, where have we all heard that before? ANYONE, anyone at all who actually thinks it's OK to build a mosque at ground zero should be simply usshered out of this country because they have completely missed the whole point of it. Maybe the U.S. military should blow up a huge landmark in one of the 'muslim' countries unfairly literally murdering hundreds of their people and then of course be allowed to build a huge church at the site of the disaster!! How about that? Would that be 'acceptable' by muslim people?

Well I read the history on the couple that started this whole "slap in the face." They are not innocent, at all! What spews from their mouths is different than the reports on the REAL them. They hope this helps push their Sharia Law agenda.

We all know why they are doing it. Muslims are into symbolism and they are laughing their *sses off at the STUPID Americans, when it really the stupid, gullible, PC, Liberals who are helping destroy our country with their evil or their ignorance. IMHO

There are 200 Mosques and that's not enough? Wait till the stupid minarets wars start. Wait till the Mosque is a recruiting station for their lovely Jihaddist recruitment.

America is making so many mistakes that I fear we can not survive this many idiots running the country into the ground. Hopefully if we can get all the bribes that Obama is doing to candidates, in court and he can be put in Federal Prison where 1/2 the Whitehouse belongs!!!!! IMHO

There is no decision to be made, it is insensitive at the least and a fatal mistake.

Dedicated on 9-11??? WTF does that tell you. Most peoples minds are made in 1 minute of hearing just the FACT that a MUSLIM MOSQUE is in the hole the MUSLIMS made and CELEBRATED as 3000 people died!!!

A hypothetical innocent situation: MY INNOCENT symbolism would be to buy the land next door to the ZERO Mosque, and put in a HUGE pig farm. Then I would give speeches about how I thought the pig farm would bring us American and the Muslims together!!!!!!!!!! Then I would dedicate the PIGS to the Muslims on their HOLIEST day they celebrate.

I would stand up at the podium with a FAKE, concerned look on my face, a FAKE tear in my eye and say, "Can't we all get along?"

Let's see how they choke on that scenerio. Do unto others as you would have them do unto YOU!!!!!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast