Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Protest High gas Prices Anyone?

While here today I decided to post on the topic of high gas prices. Are there any protests taking place on this issue? Although I would rather see Alternative Energy at the forefront (I personally want a water-car) is there anyone here interested in how we can get lower gas prices in the works. Any petitions about the rising price of gas? Anyone interested?
    Theresa

Naw.....personally I like the fact that I'm supporting the retirement and unbelieveable bonuses of the fat cats. There's one group that's always had an impact on this issue before....truckers. Guys and gals...where are you???? Fighting for their jobs as well. Well, someone mentioned Exxon-mobil and I'm all for it......and rest assured, the government is "looking into it" as we speek, while the profits roll on in. I just do the minimum of what's necessary coz I can't afford more. My belt is so tight I can't breathe and I can't "cut back" anymore. If letters need to be written I can do that.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It5 was mentioned on the news last night aobut ExxonMobil being boycotted, since we cant boycott them all.

Here is a good reason to boycott ExxonMobil

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_oil

Sure, some people will get rich off of oil depletion. I suggest if you want to be one of them that you invest in the oil majors or the new oil ETF.

If you want to protest some one for high gas prices I suggest you stand up, look down and ask the earth why it won't give up more of that precious oil.

The cause of the high price is wasteful consumption. Supply and demand, you want a free market right?

I saw that CEO who got 400 million in a retirement package. It made me want to vomit. Nobody is worth that. Yet if I retire I'm lucky if I'll draw a couple thousand dollars a month. I wonder how much this clown pumps into the coffers of the corrupt elite politicans that are ruining our country?
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Response to Daculling

Daculling---<Sure, some people will get rich off of oil depletion. I suggest if you want to be one of them that you invest in the oil majors or the new oil ETF.
    <If you want to protest some one for high gas prices I suggest you stand up, look down and ask the earth why it won't give up more of that precious oil.
    <The cause of the high price is wasteful consumption. Supply and demand, you want a free market right?

>Why would I want to get rich off of oil depletion? I am for Alternative Energy as apposed to fossil fuels.
    >Why would I want to protest the "earth" for more oil? I belive the governments of the world purposely keep fossil fuels around so that they can get rich off of them. The haven't figured out a way to get rich off of "FREE ENERGY" yet.
    >The "cause" of high prices is not supply and demand, it is caused by GREED. Every single summer and vacation season, holidays, etc they raise the price of gas based on SPECULATION. I am trying to figure out HOW to open an Alternative Energy Store in the state I live in.
    I don't know why you posted the responses that you did. I am looking for a petition to sign to get aways from fossil fuels and move into alternative energy. I am looking for others that want to protest the speculative price raise in gas now.
    Theresa

Re: Response to Daculling

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa81
    Why would I want to get rich off of oil depletion? I am for Alternative Energy as apposed to fossil fuels.
    Would you rather become poor due to oil depletion... most of us will.

I think we all are for alternate fuels, is that not true? There are a lot of investments in alternative energy that will do well, you can invest there as well. Lots of them are doing well right now.

>Why would I want to protest the "earth" for more oil? I believe the governments of the world purposely keep fossil fuels around so that they can get rich off of them. The haven't figured out a way to get rich off of "FREE ENERGY" yet.
    There is no such thing as free energy, see the second law of thermodynamics. Governments don't keep fossil fuels around.. the people demand the fuels because they are the cheapest. Fact of the matter is, oil has the best EROI (Energy return on energy invested). Example... there is a pile of gold I want 10 feet in front of me and another 1 mile away. Which one do I pick up first? Alternative fuels and other energies only become viable in the free market system when they can compete with oil... and we are not there yet but close.

>The "cause" of high prices is not supply and demand, it is caused by GREED. Every single summer and vacation season, holidays, etc they raise the price of gas based on SPECULATION. I am trying to figure out HOW to open an Alternative Energy Store in the state I live in.
    Greed is part of human nature and I'm sure that it has some effect on the price... but by saying that the problem is speculation you might as well just blame me and millions of others that speculate the price of oil. Really the overriding effect is the fact that right now we have a situation where demand is out pacing production and that is causing the incredible rise.

I don't know why you posted the responses that you did. I am looking for a petition to sign to get aways from fossil fuels and move into alternative energy. I am looking for others that want to protest the speculative price raise in gas now.
    Theresa
    I don't understand your response, this is a open market... petition who? The billions of people that depend on oil? You would require a dictatorship to make a forceful switch... however you can act alone if you want too, others are.

What you take on this graph... what's wrong here?

This problem can be absolutely mind bending. I've known about it for about a year and I'm still trying to figure it out. The reason I'm here is that I don't think 20+ million extra people in the US will be a good thing when this comes home to roost. Google "Peak Oil" it might save you some hurt in the future.

Daculling,
    I do agree we don’t need an extra 20 million people in our country. As far as the price of Oil, I beileve in its scarcity as much as I do DeBeer's and diamonds.

Google Diamond Cartel

Enron Fake Energy Crisis

Google Oil Cartel Fake Oil Shortage

We all know that this is capitalism at its worst. We can use other energy sources such as coal produced gas, electric, hybrids and so on. The reason our country hasn’t pursued it as much as we should is because those elected to represent us makes it nearly impossible when they are paid off with “campaign contributions.”
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    We all know that this is capitalism at its worst. We can use other energy sources such as coal produced gas, electric, hybrids and so on. The reason our country hasn’t pursued it as much as we should is because those elected to represent us makes it nearly impossible when they are paid off with “campaign contributions.”
    No, it is the market at it's best. If someone had a better source of energy than oil it would succeed despite the governments actions. You as a consumer would be a fool to walk past the gold 10 feet in front of you for that which is one mile away. Why do you need the government's help to propel alternative fuels? Because is it NOT ECONMICALLY VIALBLE YET! When production of oil wains and the price increases the other techs will take over, not till then.

And what is your take on the fake oil shortage?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast